• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
roy is dangerous in the right hands. fsmash isnt his only kill move. dsmash does 21 dmg. bottomline roy is a killer
One of Roy's DEDs (SideB) can kill too, but not as good as an Fsmash or Flare Blade. Dsmash is good aswell, shame Usmash is suck-ish(racks up decent dmg, but killing... bleh).

DRD

Smash Lord
What on earth is the point of Roy's Upsmash being a spike?

makes about as much sense as rest being one of the strongest moves in the game

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Samus is top Mid <_< what are you talking about lol Mid tier tournament?

And I didn't notice this before but...how the heck did Dr. Mario make it above Ganon?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL at the Doc main. but seriously,I just find Ganon somewhat limited sometimes, whereas Doc has many possibilities. though in all I think Doc is placed a little too high. has he been prescribing cannabis again?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Doc is probably one of the most under-rated characters.

There just aren't enough doc players to show how good he really can be, like how chu single handledly raised icies up the tier list

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

There just aren't enough doc players to show how good he really can be, like how chu single handledly raised icies up the tier list
This exactly. The only Doc players that come to mind are S-Royal and Bob$. MikeMonkey had a really good Doc before he stopped using him. =(

M2K should just use Doc for a few months to compensate.

Binx

Smash Master

In all fairness though, Ice Climbers really are better than the characters who are under them, regardless of how that happened (either because Chu and Wobbles raised their metagame) or because of the inherent advantage they have given that there are two of them. They are pretty fast and have an amazing punishment game.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
In all fairness though, Ice Climbers really are better than the characters who are under them, regardless of how that happened (either because Chu and Wobbles raised their metagame) or because of the inherent advantage they have given that there are two of them. They are pretty fast and have an amazing punishment game.
Quoted For Truth.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL, now the IC mains are swarming in. Though I still personally think Samus should be just above and that Samus is underrated. But I think ICs are really good and should be above Jiggs, but then again I think Jiggs should be Middle.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
kirbykaze3038: I think Puff is stupidly powerful if she's ahead

kirbykaze3038: I think because of the nature of her ledgecamping
kirbykaze3038: It's unbannable

kirbykaze3038: Because it's one of those subjective bull**** type things

kirbykaze3038: So if she's winning she can just ledgecamp, argue that she doesn't have to approach and then just do stupid Jigglypuff things

kirbykaze3038: Because approaching Puff at the edge is suicidal but you have to do it

kirbykaze3038: If she's ahead

kirbykaze3038: B-throw

thats what he's gonna say

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Actually I was going to say that Jigglypuff has been consistently placing above a ****load of characters and basically at this point it's just people she's not placing above in tournaments, not even the character.

Darc got 2nd at whatever.

Hungrybox got 2nd at thing and went out to Darkrain (and he still took the first set) and Darkrain's ridiculously sex (although Hungrybox is pretty good).

At the FL thing with Chu Hungrybox placed below Chu and Shiz and still got 3rd.

I used to think the only way to beat good people with Puff was to ledge camp after watching Hungrybox and King in certain matchups at some stuff but then lately I've sort of clued in that's a dumb argument. Hungrybox didn't ledgecamp much at TO4 against Darkrain, and most people really. He still got second. He placed above some good people.

Mango won the last massive Melee tournament.

With the exception of FAST1, Jigglypuff placed better than Peach overall last year (I think they tied at Event 52 as well). And near the end of 2007 (unless you count PC's Peach, which would be a fair argument) Jigglypuff also did very good, probably better than Falcon and Peach overall.

Peach hasn't won a large tournament in a long time. Falcon hasn't won a large scale one either.

Even for matchups she's better. I think she does better vs Sheik, Fox, and Marth comparative to Peach. And for Falcon I think she's much better equipped to handle the space animals and Sheik than he is.

It's not just ledgecamping. She's just... really awkward to fight. Most people suck at it. She's got some unique, broken properties, and people are starting to use it properly. She has the placings lately, she had them in the end of 07, she had some of them in the middle of 07 when King bothered to show up at 0c3 and placed 5th I think, she's really a super character. She's somewhat limited, sure, but if what she's working with is good and there's enough variation to pull good placings and wins then who cares.

mild or spicy

Smash Cadet
i was playing doubles the other day and its soo easy to thow out your opponent and gimp them so I agree.

but i also say shiek is number one. just cuz she does better against all of the cast than the rest of the top tiers.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
owh :(

well.

we teamed to make epic argument

by we i mean you and me posting what you said :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i was playing doubles the other day and its soo easy to thow out your opponent and gimp them so I agree.

but i also say shiek is number one. just cuz she does better against all of the cast than the rest of the top tiers.
I think Sheik is the best overall character.

Or, rather, she would be if Fox wasn't the most popular character by such a large amount. If enough people played Marth or something exlusively I'd agree, but because nobody does anymore... she's not the best character for tournament IMHO.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
shiek v fox you have to play smart and use your reactions

people jus tlike to keepspeedn so they use fox instead of being smart

unless your gaynex

where you are smart and fast

then you are just ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom