• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Combo Thread

D

Deleted member

This thread is designed to pertain to all things combo-related regarding Mario. Here, you can list combos you've seen and/or combos you've found. If you find a new one I may add it to the list.

Rules
1. Listed Combos must either be above 2-hits or be a kill combo. 2 hit combos and 50/50's can be posted, but won't be added to the list.
2. No listing combos that are already on the combo list.
3. All combos listed must be true combos
4. Combos are to be tested on Mario to maintain consistency.
5. List damage inflicted/damage % range
6. You can request to add a note to your discovered combo
7. Please follow the following format below to maintain consistency. It also makes it easier to add
Format
Name: Name of combo (don't make it ridiculous or I'll give it a generic name)
Execution: How the combo is executed (for example: Uair -> Fair)
Grounded: Whether or not the first hit requires the opponent to be on the ground (insert either "True" or "False")
Initial percent: The Percent when the combo will first be executable (must be a true combo)
Terminal Percent: The last point where the combo will be possible (any percent higher won't combo)
Total Hits: Total amounts of hits the combo contains (must be above 2 and be a true combo)
Kill Combo: Whether the combo is guaranteed to kill, (either true or false), if true, the combo can be below 3 hits.
Notes: Any additional info regarding the combo (optional)

*Use parenthesis for elaboration on the Execution, for example (Fastfall) Fair -> (Double-Jump) Uair.
*You can request to be credited, your name will be added to the notes.

Combo List
Name: Triple Uair
Execution: (Fastfall) Uair -> Uair -> (Double-Jump) Uair
Grounded: True
Initial Percent: 40%
Terminal Percent: 76%
Total Hits: 3
Kill Combo: False
Notes: *Generic

Name: Uair Fair
Execution: (Fastfall) Uair -> Fair
Initial Percent: 63%
Terminal Percent: 85%
Total Hits: 2
Kill Combo: True
Notes: Can be used about 85% with a double jump

Hopefully with this thread, Mario's metagame can begin to develop even further and (hopefully) ascend him to top-tier.

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
More specific %s will be added as well as who they were tested on at a later time. For now these are general ballpark %s.

Name: That's Not True Is it?
Execution: D-Throw -> U-Air -> F-Air
Initial Percent: 80%*
Terminal Percent: 90%*
Total Hits: 3
Kill Combo: True (character specific)
Notes: This combo seems to only work on specific characters so I'll try to find out more but I know it works on Mewtwo, Marcina, and the fast fallers for sure. After the threshold for this combo passes, D-Throw to F-Air should connect in it's place.

Name: The Ally Combo (?)
Execution: U-Throw - > D-Air -> Up B (reverse so only the first hit connects)
Initial Percent: 0%
Terminal Percent: 15%*
Total Hits: X
Kill Combo: Can kill some characters off the top platforms on BF, T&C and DL64
Notes: The final hit of D-Air is not true so many characters can escape it. Characters without a 3 frame option can't escape. Combo becomes very deadly if you have rage and they have a fresh stock. You can choose to not b-reverse up-b for damage racking purposes.

Last edited:

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
Couple I'd like to add

Name: Space Jam
Execution: F-Air (as close to the ground as possible) -> jump (double jump at higher %s or if they're floaty) -> F-Air
Initial Percent: 78%*
Terminal Percent: 95*
Total Hits: 2
Kill Combo: At the ledge
Notes: Extremely hard to execute as you need to have the spike hitbox come out as close to the ground so you have as little frames between the hit to jump and get the second F-Air out. Harder to land on floaties than fast fallers and midweights. Size of target can make this either harder or easier to execute. This combo only works if they don't tech the first F-Air which is supposed to pop them up.

Name: Uncreative
Execution: F-Air (close to the ground) -> Super Jump Punch
Initial %: 70% (tested on Peach atm)
Terminal %:
Total Hits: 4-6 depending on how well you space the Super Jump Punch
Kill Combo: No
Notes: Unsafe and honestly there are better ways of racking damage but still, take what you can get.

Also there's a variant of the Triple U-Air in the original post, You can just to Super Jump Punch instead of using U-Air as a finisher. With rage it can probably be used to kill off a platform.

Name: Poor Man's ZSS
Execution: D-throw -> U-Air -> U-Air -> Super Jump Punch
Grounded: False (You can grab targets out of the air sooo yeah)
Initial %: 53% (tested on Peach)
Terminal %: WIP
Total Hits: 4-8 depending on whether you manage to get all hits from Super Jump Punch to connect.
Kill Combo: No (except off the top platforms or bad DI)
Notes: Can B-reverse the punch so only the first hit connects for some rage jank off of platforms.

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately, Mario Smith has been indefinitely banned, so new combos can't be added to the OP, however, he still does view this thread and he is open to all future contributions to it. We appreciate your contributions to the thread and we truly hope that it grows and becomes a useful resource for all Mario players, both aspiring and adept.

Bob

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
Bob Bob That sucks to hear, oh well. I'll try my best to contribute as much as I can. I've never seen a thread with Mario combos consolidated in one place so I'm trying to add what I know works for all to know. I just want this place to look like the threads the Sheik boards have put together.

Top Bottom