• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You pick a character who has good moves to outspace his F-air, and then spend 8 minutes trading with it anyway

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i found out a new tech again.

ill call it wave wings.

so you know how you do 2nd step jump cancel up-smash right? well if you do 2nd step jump cancel wings, it does a huge slide forward with it's windbox and invincibility before jumping upward and acting like normal. this makes it not only easy but safe to windbox people off stage while they are hitting a button causing them to do an aerial by mistake which could lead to their death or huge damage based on how laggy it is (oh snake were you trying to ftilt2? to bad you fair'd and died).

it also makes it super easy to run off the edge with a windbox before buffering an aerial (which if slide canceled early enough could possibly carry over invincibility frames (delux plz) maybe? at any rate hitting the cstick early enough buffers an instant aerial as normal but this time whatever they through out hit your windbox first. ill try to put up a vid.

this could also maybe in a clutch *** doubles situation be an easier way to catch you partner from dying with a wind box. seems super clutch, but i bet it happens at some point this year.

one more for maharba. what'll he think of next? who knows.....

edit:

it's a fast slide to so you can use this while running to get a quick bit of between you and an opponent if you platform cancel or just fly away afterwards, i already see this being a good run away tactic when platforms are involved

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I thought of new ways to recover from the ledge, but it involves arrow looping. If it works, it's almost a guaranteed way to get off the ledge. I will test it Friday w/ SexyPit and let you guys know of the results!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Maharba pls don't try to coin simple things that aren't even new as if you discovered them or something lol. I'm sure any good pit, most pits in general, notice that you slide sometimes when you woi while running. Good thinking of uses for it tho.I would actually like to see a video of someone utilizing it in a match and prove it to be viable because I have already tried before.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
K, I figured out how to arrow rain in a match, and have my arrows cross fire like the 08 videos. It's taken that long too, lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay, ur either just mad that i find out all the new stuff about pit, or just want to be that guy who randomly talks ****. and as far as the name it's tradition that pit's give new techs stupid names. and as far as it being known, there are like 5 of us. if no one else mentions it, credit is first come first serve. that's how it's always been, and always will be.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I think I've found some cool neat mix-ups for Pit, mainly involved his aerial-up-b, and I think I've found ways to keep opponents in the air for super long strings like MK. Dair is so good for resetting opponent's back in the air, and upair can string even if you get like 4% off of it, it's still good to keep the opponent in the air, and them to have less time to do their normal gameplay.

I still kinda struggle w/ using arrows to followups/combo/space like Earth does, but I will continue to work on that.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Does anyone ever use WoI for momentum cancelling? I've never seen anyone but myself do it, but that may just be because I don't watch very many smash videos. The amount of vertical control it gives you makes it quite effective for vertical momentum cancelling. I don't have the resources to actually do any proper tests, but in my experience of doing this for about 18 months, it makes a noticeable difference.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Does anyone ever use WoI for momentum cancelling? I've never seen anyone but myself do it, but that may just be because I don't watch very many smash videos. The amount of vertical control it gives you makes it quite effective for vertical momentum cancelling. I don't have the resources to actually do any proper tests, but in my experience of doing this for about 18 months, it makes a noticeable difference.
I haven't really tried it, I think something about using B moves in the air makes you move back more than usual so that was the reason, but I will give it a go. It is a little risky though which could be the reason.

Top Bottom