• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Georgia Power Rankings (Melee): Chicken and Waffles Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Advisement - The GA power ranking thread is created to get weak ass ***gas to man the **** up.

The Panel - The Panel is XIF. If you have a problem, beat me, otherwise, gtfo.

The List- It is comprised of people who matter, if you aren't on there, you don't matter. Tough titties.

The Next Convention of Panelists is whenever thumbs exit anuses in the state of Georgia

LEGENDS
BLAKE - FOX / G&W
CO_AND_ME - SAMUS / FALCO
JUST1111 - BOBBY - EVERYONE
MIKE G. - INVENTOR OF PEACH
GAWES - FOUNDER OF GA SMASH
MARTY - WHATS GOING ON BABY?

THE LIST

1. Chaddd - Ganondorf / Fox
2. Cornel - Characters with swag.
3. Full Metal - Marth
4. SleepyK - Falco
5. S0ft - Jigglypuff
6. Dogy - Doctor Mario

Not a joke topic. If you have a problem, pay me 20 bucks to play me for an hour and i'll reevaluate your status, but most likely I'll think you're as sorry as I think you are right now.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i'm serious. i think we should just leave this as the list, then just run a RanBat system so that we never have to deal with panel bull**** EVER again. seriously, guys, Smash is the only game that uses this weird **** like a panel or a backroom...

Purple

Hi guys!
no, just make the monthlies RanBats, if you're gonna do that. why every 3 months?
(this is all based off of if you're running these ranbats at waba, most of this is for financial reasons).

door fee is 5$.

day pass if 15$.

for your 5$ door fee, you're getting into waba and playing smash from 2pm - 12pm, granted it's only smash, you're getting in ten dollars less than the average person in the retail area, (who usually only plays one or two games anyways mind you).

Tournaments last until 10 or 11 with an hour of friendlies, maybe two if we run the tournament better than usual.

Ranbats is round robin, which iirc takes more time than double elimination usually (if i'm wrong here, then void everything i say)

Assuming these ranbats continue longer than needed, it cuts into people's time who might need to go home by curfew (cough), and leaves waba open later than usual (we haven't been doing lock-ins due to it being pretty unpopular, so we usually close at 12 still on weekends)

So yeah, one every three months is fine and dandy for us, we probably can manage with the 5 dollar door fee (of course we shoudl still try to finish on time anyways), but if this is to be done every month and every month we're open later than we should be. Perhaps the door fee needs to be buffed up to go along with it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
(this is all based off of if you're running these ranbats at waba, most of this is for financial reasons).

door fee is 5$.

day pass if 15$.

for your 5$ door fee, you're getting into waba and playing smash from 2pm - 12pm, granted it's only smash, you're getting in ten dollars less than the average person in the retail area, (who usually only plays one or two games anyways mind you).

Tournaments last until 10 or 11 with an hour of friendlies, maybe two if we run the tournament better than usual.

Ranbats is round robin, which iirc takes more time than double elimination usually (if i'm wrong here, then void everything i say)

Assuming these ranbats continue longer than needed, it cuts into people's time who might need to go home by curfew (cough), and leaves waba open later than usual (we haven't been doing lock-ins due to it being pretty unpopular, so we usually close at 12 still on weekends)

So yeah, one every three months is fine and dandy for us, we probably can manage with the 5 dollar door fee (of course we shoudl still try to finish on time anyways), but if this is to be done every month and every month we're open later than we should be. Perhaps the door fee needs to be buffed up to go along with it.
for RanBats to work, they need to happen more often than once every 3 months. also, for the RR situation, we could do it with a large number of setups and efficient people running the tourney. if someone who can yell at people and fire under them, and isn't afraid of butthurt people, it can run fast. in essence, NO casual matches while the tourney is running. but, we don't have to run the RanBat as an RR. it can be a normal double-elim, as well.

Purple

Hi guys!
for RanBats to work, they need to happen more often than once every 3 months. also, for the RR situation, we could do it with a large number of setups and efficient people running the tourney. if someone who can yell at people and fire under them, and isn't afraid of butthurt people, it can run fast. in essence, NO casual matches while the tourney is running. but, we don't have to run the RanBat as an RR. it can be a normal double-elim, as well.
points taken, this can work out, and if you all as a community would like to do this, let us at waba know, and we'll make sure it's implimented. Change is hard though. so i'm not sure how well this will work out.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm too good for the list. Disagree? See first post:

I said this wasn't a joke topic, I dunno why you people are talking like you can accept the list or not. The list is.
XIF is officially getting out the rocking chair and owning us all. He is the panel, so this comes to be expected.

On point: I really wouldn't mind hosting one or two of these ranbats. In fact, I could have one the week after Pound (1/23) @ the next tourney I plan to host.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Thanks XIF for finally listening to me.

I figured I didn't have enough authority to make something like this.

Good stuff.

tubes

Smash Ace
I guess I can accept this as the real list. At some point, Xif, I think you should recruit a couple more panelists though.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
no the panel should be XIF only.

having said that, since no one else is voting, you guys should let your fellow GA players know. if i don't get any votes by the end of today i'll assume the votes are final and no one else cares.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
no the panel should be XIF only.

having said that, since no one else is voting, you guys should let your fellow GA players know. if i don't get any votes by the end of today i'll assume the votes are final and no one else cares.

Sounds good. Lets get this whole panel nonsense over with using the current votes and call it done, I'm tired of the continued, useless arguing.

Just curious XIF, why did you call this the "Chicken and Waffles Edition"?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
man xif you better brush up on your history
this power ranking name was already used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom