• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Florida Melee Power Rankings: Updated 1/7/12

Zoro

Smash Champion
FLORIDA MELEE POWER RANKINGS
Panelists: Apollo, Colbol, Hungrybox, Kniht/III/Pi, Linguini, Rockcrock, Zoro

Updated January 7 2012

After years of unofficial or non-existent rankings, a Panel representing the Florida Melee community has finally released the 2011 Florida Power Rankings. These rankings were not based on perceived skill but on consistent tournament performance which we believe is a validation of skill.

In the future we intend to update these rankings every four months. The periods will most likely be from January through April, May through August and September through December. The current ranking is based on all tournaments ran from September to December 2011.

Attending 3 tournaments will be necessary for consideration on future power rankings. Only participating in Doubles does not count towards eligibility.

In this list we only gave 10 spots since the panel felt there wasn't enough data to rank 5 additional players. It is the intention of the panel to include a total of 15 spots in future rankings. The large size of the state is the major reason for including extra positions.

- 2 tournaments minimum were required for eligibility on the panel and the PR's
- Panelists were nominated in a community survey
- Majority vote of the panel decided the final order

Measurement
Rankings are measured based on the following in order: Consistent tournament performance, ELO ratings, OOS performance and Who beats who.

Data was gathered from the following tournaments in the 6/11-12/11 period:
Don't Choke 2
ADVENT
ADVENT II
Flying Spaghetti Monster Returns
ADVENT III
ADVENT IV
Flying Spaghetti Monster 2 (unfortunately a bracket was never uploaded, only those of us who attended knew the complete results)

Methodology can be found here as well as tournament data: 2011 FL PR

Latest ELO:

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Yep it's all good now. Thanks Zoro! I think it was something with the image hosting site. (I kinda looked into it)

Also, Rankings look pretty spot on. Good job panelists.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
good job bringing the power rankings back to the Fl smash scene! It's sad that i've fallen off of the scene but a combination of real life and my lack of performance led me to fall off. Cant wait to see who makes it into the top 15 when you do the next one.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
wow, things sure have changed since I was in the FL scene. Nice variety of characters up there.

Zoro

Smash Champion
III's an honorable mention and apollo isn't?

Top 10 looks very accurate though, gj to Louis for being a boss for so many years-- DF would be proud.

Apollo didnt beat any of the top 10 those on HM did.

:phone:

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Yooo I wanna see Florida vs Sweden in crews someday, I think it would be TIGHT

D

Deleted member

what a dangerous region

gahtzu will get up there in a few months

Zoro

Smash Champion
how does apollo not get at least an honorable mention?

I just told you why

We are going off performance at the 7 bigger tourneys.
Apollo barely missed the rankings this time. If Skrach wasn't on it (since I didn't think he fit the qualifications) I would have put Apollo on HM.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Thanks for all of the love guys. Im definitely more motivated to play this game a lot more. When is the next tourney and how often does the ranking get updated

P.S.- NOOB 4 coming soon. Would like to have talks with Zoro, Exarch and other panelists.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of the love guys. Im definitely more motivated to play this game a lot more. When is the next tourney and how often does the ranking get updated

P.S.- NOOB 4 coming soon. Would like to have talks with Zoro, Exarch and other panelists.

next tourney was today lol

next advent February 11th

Ranking should be updated at the end of april

Zoro

Smash Champion

Here is the new ELO
im thinking that we should still do tri annual updates but the 3 tournaments needed can be done in a six month basis. With only one monthly in the state its hard to make 3/4 of the advents. I was thinking we'd still have SFL tourneys but if they aren't coming we'll need to use data from further back.

Also I'm not going to do ELO decay until I feel it's necessary.

The new panel im not really going to ask for nominations. Whoever wants to do it with me can. The top players are too apathetic to conduct a panel, not really their fault if they aren't interested in it.

Rankings are definitely good for the community so anyone who wants to be in the panel let me know. You don't have to be amazing but you have to know all the players, follow tournaments and genuinely care about the process.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I'd be down to be a Panelist for the our region, I just need to learn more about the players and their skills besides the obviously good players. <__< Any who. I want to host a tournament @ Zero-Ping on the 25th of this month, so we can get this new ELO system moving. I know some of you kids are salty from Advent. lol Come seek revenge at the next Don't Choke! =D

Pritch

Smash Lord
gahtzu will get up there in a few months
Man, this trips me up so much. I remember when gahtzu was the scrub of our crappy little jacksonville crew back in 05-06. Good ****, bro. Keep it up!

(no more ganon makes me sad though)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
wow really? im unintentionally on this lmao. yea im back but as a casual player no disrespect to anyone but i dont see myself trying to break my back trynna beat the top players again so i welcome getting my *** beat by anyone :p

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Do you guys have the tio files for the tournaments used to create this database? If so, please upload them to the ssbpd:
http://www.ssbpd.com/

If you don't have the tio files anymore, do you have the bracket images / pools results?

Top Bottom