• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Florida 2013 PR~ #ohgodwhyisthatourtheme

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I play diddy but even I'll be the first to admit I'm not the kind to overabuse the character. I guess thats because of how I made myself learn him back when I first started (with no bananas for 2-3 months and focusing on getting good peanut aim). His overabusive things (infinite) just don't seem interesting to me, and neither does setting up the two banana peanut gun wall. I like to run around with 1 banana in hand and stay mobile and punish stuff

Sorry guys, I'll try my best to play standard abusive diddy for good practice, unless its tourney. Not changing my tourney playstyle for nobody :laugh:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
mvd beat denti in a -1 or -2 mu and if i remember correctly there are absolutely no olis in FL. Amateur level diddys should be good enough practice to learn how to approach the mu, the rest is just adjusting.

I don't really feel that you guys lost due to lacking diddy exp, i think moreso just because they were better players than you.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Haven't a national level player for a character isn't even necessary for knowing the matchup. It's more important to have someone who simply knows every aspect of the character.

This is why Mampam is way better practice than GDX.

And no johns, half of FL only does well because nobody knows how to fight your characters ;)

edit:
Good **** Jesse, this isn't attacking you, I'm just saying, don't feel bad because you lost in a matchup you don't get much practice in.

double edit:
Also, your style isn't really made to fight Diddy, he's one of the characters your better off chasing landings in a lot of situations etc.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
btw lade

sorry my mk was free vs Ally

can we play more next time? (i know we didn't play much last time cuz of me, next time it won't go down like that)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well actually you did really well game 1, probably should have won. You just got zero loop scooped.

And I'm not really good practice for MK dittos. I only play good when I have to, too boring otherwise. I guess we can play though :D

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
mvd beat denti in a -1 or -2 mu and if i remember correctly there are absolutely no olis in FL. Amateur level diddys should be good enough practice to learn how to approach the mu, the rest is just adjusting.

I don't really feel that you guys lost due to lacking diddy exp, i think moreso just because they were better players than you.
If any Diddy I've ever played demonstrated how easy it was to infinite my character I would have been more cautious about it.
The fact that I have 0 experience in how that set-up works because it has never happened to me, or anybody else around me IRL, is something that I cannot adjust to when it kills you after seeing it once.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I played Peach in Pools.

And maybe if Miami wasn't money hungry and would play me in friendlees they would see my peach. But fine next big tournament I go to I'm going all peach.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
**** Falco~

I played Peach in Pools.

And maybe if Miami wasn't money hungry and would play me in friendlees they would see my peach. But fine next big tournament I go to I'm going all peach.
Dude, I play Zelda in friendlies, doesn't mean I main her or I'm confident enough to use her in tournament.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I didn't watch the set so I don't really know what happened. Isn't that very situational though for that to be pulled off? Its rarely pulled off, if perhaps you kept falling for that situation then I guess. After it happend to you once though you should be able to adjust and prevent it happening again although I do realize that a 0 to death makes it harder to come back.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm confident I will lose with peach

I'm confident I will lose with Ice Climbers

Welp, might as well go for it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I didn't watch the set so I don't really know what happened. Isn't that very situational though for that to be pulled off? Its rarely pulled off, if perhaps you kept falling for that situation then I guess. After it happend to you once though you should be able to adjust and prevent it happening again although I do realize that a 0 to death makes it harder to come back.

"is something that I cannot adjust to when it kills you after seeing it once."

Zinoto kept getting the infinite. It was so saddening ;-;

@Nick: You should ask Zinoto how he was able to get it so many times on you in case it might have been something you could have avoided though to me it looked like he was just playing better overall.
"

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Did he set it up like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7BXAG9tYpE ? Because in that case he needs 2 bananas to position himself to get in. With one banana he'd have to get extremely close to you which can be risky so he would have to read you i'd imagine ( I don't know if he has any single naner set ups, im mostly just theory crafting from what I've seen in the past, correct me if im wrong.)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I never see Daisy play peach against anyone unless they are not good

Just admit you main ICs already its not a big deal man lol

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
wrong.

Played her against Ryo, Mampam, Kyon, Goofball, Gmoney, DewDaDash (friendlees), Ed (friendlees), RedHalberd(wifi friendlees :/), and I will play her against u next touranment me and u play.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
WOW big insults to Dfear... o.o

Oh well I was a page behind, but yea. I guess it's Dfear's fault for trying to use Metaknight now instead of Diddy.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
people get so bent out of shape over the little things. Gotta learn to recognize objectivity when you see it

Xaltis

Smash Hero
people get so bent out of shape over the little things. Gotta learn to recognize objectivity when you see it

I mean it's not about me so it's w/e and if it was I'd be like "whaaaa I don't even main a DIIDDDDYY KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!"

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
Zinoto can just do it with one banana easy and he makes it look so damn easy. He just run up to u and jump to throw it down on top of u then 0-death u go. He got me twice as he was in my pool but ikno wut I've gotta do more now. Btw Zinoto infinite on at least 6-7 other players

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Well it's just I don't want to be known for just cging with Ice Climbers. I use other characters to and I actually try to enjoy the game. :p

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I also enjoy fighting Ice climbers. People think there a very easy character to pick up. Boy were they proved wrong... lol Just like mk. MK is cheap and broken. But its not like an random person at anytime and pick him up and win FL tournament's

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
it's true :p

Although the other time u mixed d3 and mk.

I have learned some things about mk and how to deal with dair camp and nados out of my pivot grab range.

Also thanks MVD, ESAM, and McGriddle for the helpful info vs snake and seibrik's wario(even tho I just got out played because I suck).

If only geoff would play me with his snake more vs my ice climbers :( even tho it's not fun to him. Oh well, I'll stay free to Snake :) (lol basically FL)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Don't get too comfortable OrangeFox. A handful of people here only care about the money in your wallet and your contribution to the pot and don't care if you bust your ass fighting a gorilla.

Real talk.

Top Bottom