• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
how do I set short term goals, I cant really thing of any things to work toward and improve.
Applying short term goals is tricky since in person tourneys aren't really happening. What I like to do for now is address a fault in my gameplay, practice it, and see it pay out on Slippi.
Out of these problems, what do you think you are worst at and need to improve the most at? Edgeguards, techchases, matchup knowledge, or movement? Assuming you play Sheik, just picking one of these to work on for now, then applying when playing Slippi can help a lot. All 4 of these are either grindable in UnclePunch (or able to study on Youtube for matchup knowledge). If you want concrete goals, make them! Get 4 regrabs on a techchase, get 2 early% gimp edgeguards, etc. then raise the bar! Try a bunch of things and see what sticks.

Edir: Also wanted to point out this thread which has a whole section on improvement, and many threads documenting different ways to actively try and better yourself at the game.

Last edited:

Reckless_Blu

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
RECK#734
Does a 'Captain Falcon R&D Discord' exist?

The falcon thread's is expired and hasn't been checked in some time and some of us are just... lost :(

Last edited:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Does a 'Captain Falcon R&D Discord' exist?

The falcon thread's is expired and hasn't been checked in some time and some of us are just... lost :(
I don't know, but welcome! This place used to be the main hub for the community, but... while it may have lost that status... I guess it feels kind of cozy now?? Haha. (Even though my last post was 2016, and 2008 before that.) 😅

Chorng

Smash Rookie
So i just got a copy of melee and im using my wii. once booting up and selecting melee it says that there is no memory card in slot a. there is no sd card in my wii. if i were to purchase and insert it into my wii will it solve my problem and if so what is the minimal space does the card need

Top Bottom