• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official European Brawl Tier List v1.0 (November 2011)

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
There's also a Sonic player called Satanpuu from France (?)
But I have no clue how well he places in tournaments.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Wow looks like I was wrong, most Europeans think Link is worse than I thought.

Marth is pretty much where I expected him to be and the rest looks pretty agreeable.

edit: Now that I think about I'm curious why Lucas isn't above PT.

edit2: I'm surprised Orion voted Bowser to be above Jigglypuff. Where the Jigglypuff hype at?
My pt is to good :(

Edit: marc, pt mag best low tier als we deze lijst gaan gebruiken want zo goed ben ik nou ook weer niet :D

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at the Luxembourg list and had a good laugh:

Luxembourg rankings:
1. Meta-Knight
2. Diddy Kong
3. Marth
4. Falco
5. Olimar

Invidual votes(since Lux only had 1 vote - by two people - it should be the same, right?)
1. Metaknight
2. Marth
3. Diddy Kong
4. Falco
10. Olimar
WHAT ARE U TALKING BOUT DUDE Oo

Are you mabye stupid or something??

Luxembourg rankings ??? Oo just SHUT UP.

we never had own rankings. We put a list together, which is much different on what you post here Oo

Slhoka

Smash Lord

we never had own rankings. We put a list together, which is much different on what you post here Oo
He quoted my file gathering votes per country. It been fixed since that post, btw

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394

Relax, buddy.

You're taking this out of context :)

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Question that lightly has something to do with the topic:

What actually causes luigis position being so low in both (World and european) tier list? I see Luigi as very potential character with several very good KO moves and baing able to have large variety of attacking options in both, air and ground, gaming. I would like to give Luigi at least somewhere around B-tier. but well, I'm not so pro in brawl overall :D

So what is the mainreason for Luigi being such a sandbag in tiers?

Lord Chair

Smash Master

What actually causes luigis position being so low in both (World and european) tier list? I see Luigi as very potential character with several very good KO moves and baing able to have large variety of attacking options in both, air and ground, gaming. I would like to give Luigi at least somewhere around B-tier. but well, I'm not so pro in brawl overall :D

He cannot approach and his defensive game is rather balls against anyone with some sort of disjoint.

Greward

Smash Lord
i play luigi and he's terrible. ok he has a good dmg input and can kill at low % but he can't just approach. in addition his recovery sucks. the fact that when he's hit on the shield he slides makes him a bad char

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Hm, maybe. Last time it felt like a lot of work for ultimately not that much interest. Do you feel people would vote that differently, considering most didn't take a very international perspective last time?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Europe opened up a lot in that regard though. We're not those super-aggro mass entertainers that are too dumb to beat Peach anymore and best of 3 sets usually take longer than 10 minutes now.

:059:

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see how it will look one year after, and i really think there is a lot of people who would want to see the v2 released =)
go go go guys !

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think we should wait until after APEX 2013.
But beside that, I think it would be pretty interesting and is a good idea to do it again, I'm sure many people changed their opinions since the last time. We had quiiiiite some tournaments since then (And also some international ones with European attendance!)

TreK

Is "that guy"

I've always said 'he's on par with DK and Peach', and both DK and Peach took a big dive in the last tier list so it turns out that I was right haha.

From an ex-Luigi main pov, here aree the three main problems :
-His mobility in the air is too slow to approach/escape/mix up recovery.
-He can only punish correctly out of a powershield, which is unreliable.
-It's an aerial based character who can only kill on the floor.
That makes Marth and MK two awful matchups for him. Too bad, they are the two most played characters in the game. Instant-unviability.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
If something, Luigi is overrated. all he has going for him is gimmicks and to avoid them you just need to camp him. I would honestly put him as a low tier.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If something, Luigi is overrated. all he has going for him is gimmicks and to avoid them you just need to camp him. I would honestly put him as a low tier.
You are now my favorite.
I think Luigi has bottom tier MUs, but since most people aren't as smart as top Luigis, the Luigis get away with bull****.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I don't think Luigi needs to drop as much characterwise as that you could make the consideration that F tier characters are really not that much better than Lucas and Mario at least. I would still have him below Yoshi, Ness and PT like in the American tier list though.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Luigi can do work if people don't play the MU correctly or once in a blue moon where the Luigi get's huge reads/lucky.

But if you know how to deal with him he kinda sucks. :/

camping/edgeguarding > Luigi

Top Bottom