• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Hyrus-

Oh, hey thanks for grading some of my levels. Oh, and I didn't mind your tone. :) Yeah, when I posted my levels I just posted them so people would have more levels to play on, I never intended to have people grade them. If you want to grade them then go ahead, but I am not asking. :p

Yeah, I hate how angled ledges/ice blocks can't be grabbed. I wish the Stage Builder was much better, *shrugs* but what are you going to do? This is Nintendo's first time at something like this. I guess I have to thank them for at least putting this function in. (Hopefully next time they will do a lot better.)

0_o Wait, on Team Galactic HQ, items don't spawn on the lower levels!? Crud! See I have never really had items on when playing that level...I think I will change that. If I do, I will update Team Galactic HQ in the Stage Browser and re-post the link to it. Thanks for that tip. (See when I am by myself I usually don't play w/ items for training purposes. When I am playing with others I have items on...except for the fan. The fan is evil, so much spam.)

Whoa!! I just re-read your post. You make maps for Blizzard!? That is so cool!

With my Simple Maps, they are bigger than Final Destination and I purposely made it simple, mostly for training, hence their names. :p

Anyways, I can play on gimmicky and neutral stages equally as fun. I am really not particular. As long as I can fight I am pretty happy.

EDIT: Oh, hey! I made the next page in this thread. That is cool. Oh, wait this might only be b/c I put the option to view 40 posts per page on.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Whoa!! I just re-read your post. You make maps for Blizzard!?
No no no no! I just make maps with their editors - anyone can. Blizzard RTS games come with editors that allow you to change practically everything about the game in a custom map. You can alter unit models, stats, sound effects, import your own models (3rd party software), shape terrain, add triggers (programming), etc. Their editors give you tons of freedom, though it does take quite a while to "learn" the editor.

Yeah, I hate how angled ledges/ice blocks can't be grabbed. I wish the Stage Builder was much better, *shrugs* but what are you going to do?
Design around it. My Koopahari Pyramid level offers quite a bit of survivability through having a lot of ceilings to bounce off of, in spite of not having ledges to grab. In some cases, I don't want players to grab a ledge.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
No no no no! I just make maps with their editors - anyone can. Blizzard RTS games come with editors that allow you to change practically everything about the game in a custom map. You can alter unit models, stats, sound effects, import your own models (3rd party software), shape terrain, add triggers (programming), etc. Their editors give you tons of freedom, though it does take quite a while to "learn" the editor.
Oh, yeah I know what you are talking about. Yeah those editors give you a whole bunch of freedom. I haven't used any Blizzard editors but I have heard about them.

Arteen

Smash Lord
ugh, I hate the editor, especially since i've made maps for Blizzard games for years.
I know how you feel. My traditional "level editor" is 3DSMax. With this editor, we can't even do simple things such as rotate triangular pieces. :ohwell:

Unit II

Smash Rookie
These old NES games are great inspiration for maps.

Burger Time. Instead of falling burgers and buns, you could substitute the brown falling blocks here and there.

And Bubble Bobble levels could translate into decent Brawls stages.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I'm back and I'm posting a few more stages,some of my stages from the video, updated and what not, feel free to comment, rate and express your opinion:

UPDATED: Metal Mario stage:

I Realised it was too small, so it made a bigger version of it

Escape the Prison

I cannot comment other than I thinks its a good layed-out stage, but you people can!

Champion Battle

I would've also added the spring if it was avaliable!

Tournament Winner

Basicaly, this is meant to be a trophy of some sort!

UPDATED: 3 unique stages

I put blocks on both sides of each platform, since you can't grab the edge of a slope!

and the last one of today: UPDATED: Triforce

I made it bigger and made it beable to go to the centre, my last version was illegitmant
and put a square underneath the triforce so you can grab on back to the stage

Unit II

Smash Rookie

The idea is that once you go inside the structure there is only one way out, unless someone releases the upper block for you. You also obviously cannot get in through the bottom unless someone releases the bottom block. :p

Unit II

Smash Rookie

The idea here is that if you fall, you can jump up into the openings at the bottom, but then you're unable to get back to the top. This stage inspires interesting decisions from players when they're trapped.

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
My First stage!!!

I like to introduce my first Created Brawl stage,anyway,check it out.it is call battle tower.:)

great for Characters with Glide and for playing safe.

[/IMG]

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Metal Mario stage
A bit bland, but a decent stage. The extra mass under it seems unnecessary, so long as there are two blocks down at a ledge to prevent lipped stage deaths.

Escape the Prison
From what I could tell, ladders hinder your ability to fight by quite a bit, being that you have to jump or aerial off them. The spikes that are even with normal ground can be walked into, which would be irritating in play. Lastly, your largest stretch of ground is 2 blocks long, not enough to stage the primary fight area and provide enough spacing options.

Champion Battle
Too many issues, so i'll just tackle one - I had problems with ice blocks in that sliding and executing attacks were difficult and felt pretty rough to perform.

You may not be aware, but when you select an object to place in the editor, you can select "Size" near the bottom to make most objects larger. For instance, you can make those three falling blocks into one, massive one that spans a 3x3 block space.

Tournament Winner
I actually like the design of your platforms here since it creates a very dynamic fighting area, but the general spacing options seems ridiculously cramped. The ice blocks at the bottom... are for what?

3 unique stages
Again, because character attacks don't adjust to a sharp angle (45 degrees here), this creates some semi-nasty imbalances in a fight depending on characters. Note: Increasing the size of a 45 degree platform stretches it to a less harsh angle.

Triforce
45 degree angle syndrom. I can only imagine rather nasty scenarios erupting from the blocks below it.

======

It is a neat idea, but spacing options are relatively rough. You couldn't jump much in the bottom area. Certain character attacks will cross through those blocks that connect diagonally, and they'll also create problems since edge-spamming would be possible throughout the stage.

This is actually pretty terrible. The player "under" the stage has no way of getting out, so in actuality they CANT do anything but sit there or suicide. The opponent above either waits for the player to suicide or goes down there and risks being spiked.

Bananakin

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, just registered.

I just made the coolest stage - it's an incredible machine-type stage where you just sit back and it takes the characters on an endless loop around the stage automatically. Not much fun to play on, but very cool to watch. Unfortunately, I don't have an SD card, so I can't upload it.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to upload it if I sent it to them, would they?

Ky-Guy

Smash Rookie
Actually, I made a stage called the Pain Factory. If you guys send me your Wii Message Board and Smash Bros. numbers, I'll send it to you.

trampoline BOY

Smash Cadet
Question - Not 100% on this but is there any way to use the LARGE BLOCKS that are used in the SAMPLE lvls. I've gotten all the building blocks or whatever, but I'm not sure about those large blocks.

DO THEY EVEN EXIST?

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice

The idea here is that if you fall, you can jump up into the openings at the bottom, but then you're unable to get back to the top. This stage inspires interesting decisions from players when they're trapped.

Fearsome Ruins=3/5- It's a cool stage but its pretty basic. Oh and if you play as someone like metaknight, or someone that can wall jump you still might be able to get to the top again

Parallax Dragon

Smash Rookie
Hi I got a problem with my Brawl... I've made over 15 stages (20 up to this date)
and I still haven't had my edit parts C unlock... what gives?

JuL

Smash Rookie
Warning Challeger Approaching

TOURIAN - Mother Brain's Chamber

A spectacular Metroid stage based on Mother Brain's chamber!

Security system is offline. The Space Pirate leader is nowhere to be found.... What's going on? WARNING CHALLENGER APPPROACHING!

A remake of Mother Brain's Chamber in Metroid. Hence the name Tourian. I based my design off of Metroid and also from Super Metroid. So I mixed ideas from the two up, tried squeeze everything in, and this is what I got. I used spikes in place of the lava and also put on top of the stage so that no one fights where they're not supposed to. Stage is divided into 3 main fighting areas, each distinctly different.

Recommended against Human players. CPU tends to get stuck in the spikes.

Stage Builder Pic
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/images/11607/Wii/Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl

Download Here
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/stages/download/9107

Think this stage is awesome and want more from me? I got you covered!
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/users/60939216/bboyjul

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
If anyone could be so kind as to help me improve on this one :D :
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/KSUkid/battlefield51.jpg

It's sort of a Battlefield clone (which I'd like to fix), but instead, there's two ledges per side, allowing tetherers to actually recover. I've changed it a little bit since then, I made it in the "medium" size and widened the main stage by two blocks.

What I'm looking for is any suggestions as to make it a little better. The platforms, as they always are, feel a little too high, but using the lower platforms makes the stage feel cramped. Also, I'm a little worried about having someone camp the niche under the passthrough sections of the main stage.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
The tourian stage looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna upload some of my own sometime soon.

Obvious Prime

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to make a Gyromite stage for R.O.B., since he doesn't have one. :(

It will be like this, but more less of a maze and more KO room.

Karl

Smash Rookie
I have a few: Just let me get some screen shots.

I have a classic western, the Mercury Lighthouse (from GS), a laboratory, and close-combat precision-jumping stage.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This topic was a great idea to avoid flooding of seperate topics! :D I've got a video from my brother's YouTube account and I have stages I created as well. I hope you guys and gals look into these and try them out! C: You accept vids, right? <_<'

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Stage Builder Ideas
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Stage Builder Ideas 2

Oribtal for the win. Anyway these stages are pretty much based off a lot of NES Metroid areas. I made this video for my brother for his YouTube account.

I hope you don't mind the Chillout music. XD I noticed I used a lot of Mountain backgrounds. With these videos there are a lot of stages you can make and I hope you enjoy these! I'll try to make more.

Mewtario

Smash Ace

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Hello all, I'm CyberGlitch, not the most active member on these boards, but one nonetheless.

I do love making stages, particularly ones that can be played on competitively. I plan to release my stages soon (I need to beta test a few still, haha).

I am also planning on writing a Stage Making FAQ, which should have a lot of useful info for newcomers and experienced builders alike. Hopefully I'll get that done in the next few weeks.

@KSUkid, the niche under the pass-through sections could be a problem for camping as you've mentioned, but the ledges down there are grabable, making the area more approachable than just a divit under a fall through platform.

The block platform, however, is too close to the blocks on the right and left. Fortunately, all your problems can be relieved by moving those lower block platforms down one unit (exchange those two blocks in the middle with a 2x2 block). This spaces it from the blocks to the right and left, makes the platform more approachable from above and below to prevent spammers, and further endorses the purposes of those platforms which should be to provide alternate means of recovery (without moving them down, they aren't much help as an alternate edge to grab).

Unfortunately, with the platform lowered, none of the platforms at the top can be reached by two jumps from it (a full jump goes 1.5 units up, the second jump goes another 1.5, totalling 3. The platforms are 3.5 above it). Lowering the platforms at the sides half a unit would allow them to be reached from the lower platform, but as you said this would cramp the stage. I would instead suggest you move the top platform down 1.5 units, putting it half a until below the side platforms. This way one of the platforms is reachable from the lower area, the platforms are no longer too high, and the issue of it being too much like battlefield is eliminated.

I really like this idea, and with my suggestions I think it's a great stage. Give it a name so I can officially add it to the ones I play! I hope my lengthy advice is helpful.

Top Bottom