• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I need a list showing all of Brawl songs and their codes so that I can add music.
Any help would be appreciated.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you're using a XML that uses the same file structure as the file patch code, you put it in .../sound btw, just outside the STRM folder.

T-block

B2B TST
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help me decrypt the .bin replays. This is purely for educational reasons and personal interest, so I don't think I'm overstepping any legal bounds (but I could be wrong x.x). I guess I need the Wii's SD KEY for the EAS (which is where things get iffy?). Shoot me a PM if you can help. Thanks.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, I've been looking at that page. The replay needs to be decrypted and possibly decompressed before any of that makes sense though, and that's what I'm looking to do. It's the same encryption as snapshots, right?

T-block

B2B TST
Ah okay. It's AES encryption, so the decryption can be done if I know the Wii's SD KEY, but that's not easily found...

Thanks for the replies though.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
My Music continues to CSS Music [Standardtoaster]
04078E2C 60000000

If you play a song in my music and then go to the CSS, normally it starts up the CSS music. This code makes it continue playing whatever was playing in my music when you enter the CSS. Note that after a match it will play the normal CSS music instead of what the My Music was.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Can somebody make me a code for L-Canceling, that simply skips straight to normal "hard-landing" lag (instead of the aerial landing lag)?

kz146

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I was wondering if theres a code where you can select other textures for team matches. Since the team colors are only red, blue and green and my textures are only limited to those. So I'm hoping there can be a code where team "colors" are disabled and you can just choose teams and then select a texture. of your choice i use a lot of textures and it would be nice to use different ones in team matches. thank youu

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, um...

I still need a working code to add the alloys to the CSS.
I no longer want the Brawl+ codes in there; Although I was kinda wondering how I'd go about removing all the changes Brawl+ made, especially to the stages.

And I still don't know how I would add CSPs and the like; that is, where do I put them, is there another file or code I need, etc.

And Mecha, I've tried to find tutorials. If you can point me to a tutorial on how to add CSPs(Not create, Add), preferably made of words and pictures, as opposed to video, without downoading a billionty things, please do.

Also, any reccomendations on hacks to add? I've lookeded through Brawlvault, and rarely find anything exciting.
I actually want the alloys on the CSS so I can play as Isaac over Blue Alloy, since GS is one of my flavorite games.

Also, how do I add item textures? That is, where do they go on my SD card?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
is there a thread that shows everything the most recent file patch code (3.5.1?) supports on the sd card
and if it shows all the values for them on the sd card?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Alright, um...

I still need a working code to add the alloys to the CSS.
I no longer want the Brawl+ codes in there; Although I was kinda wondering how I'd go about removing all the changes Brawl+ made, especially to the stages.

And I still don't know how I would add CSPs and the like; that is, where do I put them, is there another file or code I need, etc.

And Mecha, I've tried to find tutorials. If you can point me to a tutorial on how to add CSPs(Not create, Add), preferably made of words and pictures, as opposed to video, without downoading a billionty things, please do.

Also, any reccomendations on hacks to add? I've lookeded through Brawlvault, and rarely find anything exciting.
I actually want the alloys on the CSS so I can play as Isaac over Blue Alloy, since GS is one of my flavorite games.

Also, how do I add item textures? That is, where do they go on my SD card?
Beginners Guide to brawl hacking.
It'll answer most of your question

is there a thread that shows everything the most recent file patch code (3.5.1?) supports on the sd card
and if it shows all the values for them on the sd card?
Basically everything but movie hacking, also i'd suggest reading the guide on place for things on the sd card

Yikarur

Smash Master
but everyone uses japanese voices, I thought they did it through SD card D:

well
is there any way to fix the replay code? After a specific amount of inputs the replay speeds-up and no more inputs are done.
I don't think this is some sort of max input limit because it ALWAYS happends at the same time.
I have 3 video examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ML-6Ywvl8#t=4m58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8vdfSAuEsE#t=4m58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ML-6Ywvl8#t=4m58

this needs to be fixed somehow, it destroys team videos that last 5 minutes D:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I can not figure out video hacks via sd card at all, unless someone already made a MlP Friendship is magic opening to replace the brawl opening theme could I have a copy (Where would I put video hacks anyway?)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Could someone tell me which codes I need in order to Allow replays over 3 minutes for PAL?

The one I'm using atm works alright but the brightness/colouring in Brawl is all wrong and whilst the game runs everything feels...sort of juddery

I've been told this is because I'm using an NSTC code rather than a PAL one but I have double checked that I was using the PAL one

Could someone explain where I'm going wrong? Do I need another code beside the Allow replays over 3 mins one to get it working? Do I need to do something else?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Somebody SERIOUSLY help me I've been waiting 3 days. -___-''

1. When I want to add a stage that has its own REL file associated with it (instead of the expansion code ones) the game freezes, such as Blue Moon Battleship (first at top). This irritates me, especially when most of the good stages have them. Is there a workaround?

2. How can I change the music on the custom stages?

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
well
is there any way to fix the replay code? After a specific amount of inputs the replay speeds-up and no more inputs are done.
I don't think this is some sort of max input limit because it ALWAYS happends at the same time.
I have 3 video examples

this needs to be fixed somehow, it destroys team videos that last 5 minutes D:
ive experienced this before. were these on wifi? from what i've seen, this happens over wifi with either teams or 4 way FFAs longer than 5 minutes. and if you aren't one of the last 2 survivors (you meaning the user with the infinite replay hack) this can happen.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
a code that allows you to press a button, liek A and B on wiimote and nunchuck,. an it makes all the enemys have 999% an possible shoot them into the air to die. basically a "Kil All" coed.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
a code that allows you to press a button, liek A and B on wiimote and nunchuck,. an it makes all the enemys have 999% an possible shoot them into the air to die. basically a "Kil All" coed.
There is a code allowing you to kill people in one hit.

Code:
Player X KO's enemies with one hit. [WiiMaster]
4A000000 XXXXXXXX
140000CC 4479C000
E0000000 80008000
X values:
90180F20 = Player 1
90180F7C = Player 2
90180FD8 = Player 3
90181034 = Player 4

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
There is a code allowing you to kill people in one hit.

Code:
Player X KO's enemies with one hit. [WiiMaster]
4A000000 XXXXXXXX
140000CC 4479C000
E0000000 80008000
X values:
90180F20 = Player 1
90180F7C = Player 2
90180FD8 = Player 3
90181034 = Player 4
I know, but I want it so you can turn this on and off.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I know, but I want it so you can turn this on and off.
Oh then that's easy. Follow this:

If you want to have it so you can make a code activate by just holding a button, then look no further! The button activator is here!

Code:
Button Activator [FMK]
YYYYYYYY 0000XXXX
Yeah you have to fill it in. Sucks, huh?

Here are the X values.
Code:
Gamecube Controller (Note: You must hold the buttons before a loading screen.)
0080 - No Button
0081 - D-Pad Left
0082 - D-Pad Right
0084 - D-Pad Down
0088 - D-Pad Up
0090 - Z
00A0 - R
00C0 - L
0180 - A
0280 - B
0480 - X
0880 - Y
1080 - Start/Pause

Wavebird Controller:
0000 - No Button
0001 - D-Pad Left
0002 - D-Pad Right
0004 - D-Pad Down
0008 - D-Pad Up
0010 - Z
0020 - R
0040 - L
0100 - A
0200 - B
0400 - X
0800 - Y
1000 - Start/Pause

Wiimote (and Nunchuck):
x values
0000 - None
0001 - Down
0002 - Up
0004 - Right
0008 - Left
0010 - +
0100 - 2
0200 - 1
0400 - B
0800 - A
1000 - -
2000 - Z (Nunchuck)
4000 - C (Nunchuck)
8000 - Home Button

Classic Controller
x values
0001 d-up
0002 d-left
0004 zr
0008 x
0010 a
0020 y
0040 none?
0080 zl
0100 none?
0200 r
0400 +
0800 home
1000 -
2000 l
4000 d-down
8000d-right
Y values
Code:
GameCube Controller
Player 1: 284DE4B0
Player 2: 284DE4B8
Player 3: 284DE4C0
Player 4: 284DE4C8
Wii Controller (the "port" the game uses for wii motes is how many wii motes there are, so if there are 4 players, but your the only person with a wii mote, you would have to the code as if you were in slot one
Player 1: 284F7880
Player 2: 284F8220
Player 3: 284F8BC0
Player 4: 284F9560
Classic Controller
Player 1: 284F78AA
Player 2: 284F824A
Player 3: 284F8BEA
Player 4: 284F958A
If you want a combination of buttons, just add the X values. If you are using the GameCube controller, subtract 80 from each X value then add them.
After that, put the button activator before the whole code, not as a separate code. And no, I will not do it myself because it's best if you learn to do it yourself and you can button activate without always asking!

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
but it says b4 the selection screen. i want it during the match. like if i hol a adn b at the same time on wiimot ean nunchuck, it turns on, then if io it again it turns off.

Tesh

Smash Hero
is there any way to replace nana and/or popo with another character? Like having metaknight with a nana helper or popo with a ganondorf helper?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me what codes/files i need to put where to launch gecko through the stage builder so i can use textures/music without homebrew channel?

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
I want to record some hitbox frame data but I've been hitting a few "bumps". Actually, it's mainly for aesthetic purposes but I'll request it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NozTyeh2waY <--- Sample
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E526984961E4DD16 <----- (very) Few 1080p videos I have so far.

I would like the following codes:

1) A suspension/zero gravity code
I want to be able to record aerials without having to jump... so I want characters to be floating in place. Not only will this be easier for some characters (Ganon's Fair), it'll also have the character center while filming. Would also help if there was a "switch" to turn it on or off.

2) Camera Adjust / Fixed on P1
Things like Fox's FSmash, nearly all the Dash Attacks, and maybe some B moves are hard to film without the characters going off screen... Maybe a code that could have the camera zoomed, fixed, and level...

3) 1-Player Training Mode and/or Disable Magnifiers
Purely aesthetic. If I want to film in a somewhat zoomed position, I don't want to see the magnifier show where the other fighters are. If the camera adjust works then I could probably just do single brawl matches and not go in training... but in case it doesn't...

4) Invincibility Frames for attacks, dodges, and counters to flash constant Blue
I'm not sure if you can even changed the colors without changing a fit pac but if invincibility white flashes are universal... I request a pac for this. Even if it's still white, I would like the flashing to stay white instead of reverting back and forth from Normal -> White -> Normal.

5) Frame 1 Aerial Shield or Air Dodge
When I record an aerial, I want to be able to show the very first frame you can act after initiating the aerial. I don't believe air dodges all act on frame 1 so I need something consistent. A graphic that shows the first frame of the air dodge would also be helpful.

6) "Fix" Ganon and DK's Fair AC timings
This one is just for fun. Apparently Ganon's and DK's forward airs are actually coded wrong so they both can't auto-cancel them at all... resulting in a very awkward animation... If someone can "fix" the code to have it the way that the developers intended it to be... that'd be great. Of course this is not official (although it should be) but I do want to make a comparison of the before and after as well as a test video with both their Fairs.

I want to film more frame data as well as list the statistics but before I do that I want to start off with everything I need instead of changing it midway through (need to be consistent). Eventually I want to make a compilation of an entire character's move list.

Anyway that's all for now... hope someone answers.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Cannot Land [Standardtoaster]
047405C0 38000001

This should do what you wanted for the aerials. Just jump and then when you would normally land, you just continue doing the falling animation in place. You can do aerials too.

No Offscreen Indicators[Phantom Wings]
4A000000 80960F48
14000000 38000000
E0000000 80008000

No Tags [Phantom Wings]
C20E5190 00000002
38800000 90830354
60000000 00000000

No HUD [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 800E08D4
14000000 38A00000

1 player matches [spunit262]
0468D420 2C060001

For the fixed camera, why not try the fixed camera mode in special brawl?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
i need help with mariokart64n's script for fixing models, importing vertices, and xporting models.
my problem is that i get a float point error message when i attempt to import the golden hammer vertex sets. it then takes me to a certain line of code which says something to the effect of Read integers: integer as float. that's the best representation of that i can get. i can post pics. i've been told it just needs a minor rewrite of code.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
@ standardtoaster:
Thank you very much for these codes~

Fixed camera doesn't work on the black Hyrule Temple stage so that's a no go.

I would like to be able to adjust the camera so that, for instance, filming Fox's or Falco's Side Bs, they will end up from one side of the screen to the other without panning the camera. By having it fixed it can show the depth of the move without inaccurately having the camera follow.

If there's a way to have the black stage fixed so that the camera is completely level with the stage and gives a modest amount of space to work with... I could probably make do with it.

Top Bottom