• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Official Brawl Update Hate or Love::.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well now... Guess who just SH|T a brick!?
ME!!!!
He never actually said there would be an update 2day...just to make us think there would be and then His Master Plan was to get us all down and SPRING it on us 2morrow!

You might also think that that would put something in place of the game's original release date.

Well, this Epic Dec. 3rd wasnt so epic, huh?

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
I think why everyone was hyped about Dec. 3 is cause of the September famine of good updates and people thought that all of sakurais crap could be over....... thus resulting in mass anticapation for a good update, and we found Dec. 3 to be the perfect opportuniny.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
.:Love:.

I swear, I'd definitely have to say that "You Must Recover!" was the best update by far. I'll tell you, if Sakurai would come up with something more amazing than that, I think I'd be extremely surprised.

This update really confirms what Brawl is actually going to be like, it actually lets you feel the secret sixth scent of awesomeness.

That is why I am basically creaming my pants over this update.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
It seems like Sakurai's ideas of not revealing any new, unlockable info before launch is a bad move. It would be understandable if it were still being launched a few days ago, but since it's not, theres gonna be a big, almost 2 month gap of barely anything noteworthy.

The problem is that the steady flow of hype is going to die. It seems hard to believe, with all the hype built up so far, but its like a runner in a race sprints the whole thing and is doing great and the people on the sidelines near the finish line are cheering him on and going ecstatic for him, and then he decides to stop and catch his breath, bend over and take some deep breaths, and then walk the rest of the way across the finish line.

Sakurai should choose some of the epic updates, not all of them, but some, and give them out about every 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, people are going to be (and from what I've seen, are already being) let down by the dojo and stop caring and stop going to it, and will become focused on other games.

Hopefully, soon, for the sake of hype, some outside advertisers will begin revealing some of the info.
Besides, no matter how much we want it or not, if none of the unlockables are going to be revealed until launch, by January 25th-ish, we'll already know of everyone and everything.

I mean seriously, there's gotta be at least some pretty cool stages that won't be unlockable he could reveal?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think we're screwed as far as updates go, it's only a few days after original launch and we're starting to see a bunch of info we've known about before.

Eyedol

Smash Rookie
I think it may just be that he's spacing out the updates should Brawl need to be pushed back again.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Yeah or at least some other Old Stage update.

It feels like Sakurai is building up to something good.
Last few weeks were kinda wack but nearing the end of last week and this week seems like Updates get better.

Like it
Love it
Gotta Have It

-Melee Stages was an eye opener, now we know that old stages are coming back for sure. And we can hope/talk about which stages we would like to see.

-Friend List I thought was cool to finaly see what it would look like and how to go about doing it .

-Returning Pokémon... ok well its a "Duh, We Know" again and kinda felt dumb, imo. Again, was cool to hear but I didnt need an update for it when we could of had something else.

-The Battle for the Smash Ball has to be one of my fav updates of last week cause it finaly answered one of the big questions, "Can we please turn off Smash Balls if we want just a Normal Match?!?" But also brought back the other question, "Ok so you can turn off Smash Balls, does that mean you cant play as Zero Suit Samus if they are off??? And will she be a character you can choose because of this update??"

-X: Tunnel Scene, also pretty cool. Gave us another opportunity to wonder and speculate about which Songs will be in Brawl? "Songs and title themes other then those of the characters in Brawl!? Nice! Can I get some Tetris music with my PictoChat?"

-King Dedede: Final Smash, alright sure I guess we cant have a perfect build up of awesomeness, lets throw in a Final Smash and get another one out of the way so we can get back to the real updates. (personaly i feel we should have gotten an update saying "Final Smash! -and list all the final smash attacks- instead of posting 'em one by one; he's just buying time:laugh:)

-With Anyone/Basic Brawl Alright back to the awesomeness! This was a really cool update for me, and you too I hope, cause it shows us interface of looking for random fights online will look, connection goodness and NO abrupt endings if someone craps out on you match. That was a really cool new feature, along with others that came with this update.

-Bonsly ok ok, so its still a Pokemon but at least its one that wasn't in Melee and you can interact with. Instead of just tossing a Poke Ball and seeing what happens, you actually have to pick up this thing and throw it (with skill) to hit someone and seeing how it doesnt go far you might need to be a little more strategic than just randomly throwing a Ball in your opponent's direction.

-Rotation. So maybe its not the best of updates we could have gotten, but I like it cause its something new! Something newly added to the games backbone. Just something else we can have to use or not. I love updates that give us more choices to use or not to use in this game.

Personaly I like the "Its in the game but you dont have to use it if you dont want to" updates. This is also why I want all Melee characters to return, cause whats wrong with having More characters, I dont see any cons for taking out stuff from this game.

BTW, The update for 12-12 was pretty cool. gave me an Idea to make this.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Dude, SeigK i think most of the updates we've seen are like pointless
Harcore Smashers saw most of the stuff or its just strait common sense
COME ON AN UP DATE FOR BLOCKING!!?!?! WTF?!?!
sorry had to get that off my chest:laugh:

Smash Ace
The Ice Climber Theme is by far the best music update. ever.
love: all
hate: none.

The only things I'll hate would be the deconfirmations of Dr. Mario and Roy. if such accursed updates exist.
=2007=

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
My deepest apologies if this has been mentioned before but one thing I have noticed with the recent footage is the over the top death animation is back in. I always hated that. Its very irritating when I smash someone up and before they fade into the background the timer runs out. I just wish they would have stayed with the instant death like in the early videos.

SiegK

Smash Champion
The only things I'll hate would be the deconfirmations of Dr. Mario and Roy. if such accursed updates exist.
=2007=
Dude, you are awesome! Your the only other person on these g*d Da*n Boards who wants Dr. mario back in. HE NEEDS TO COME BACK!!!

My deepest apologies if this has been mentioned before but one thing I have noticed with the recent footage is the over the top death animation is back in. I always hated that. Its very irritating when I smash someone up and before they fade into the background the timer runs out. I just wish they would have stayed with the instant death like in the early videos.
Yeah I kinda hate that too, but isnt it fun when your the one who almost dies but doesnt and say to you friend "OH YEAH!!! WHAT!? WHAT!?!?" Lol.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
23 updates left for Japan.
35 updates left for North America.
?? updates left for Europe.

Wow, its so close..... again. The Japanese will be playing Brawl in just 5 more weeks.

Heheh.. Imagine if it was delayed again?

SiegK

Smash Champion
23 updates left for Japan.
35 updates left for North America.
?? updates left for Europe.

Wow, its so close..... again. The Japanese will be playing Brawl in just 5 more weeks.

Heheh.. Imagine if it was delayed again?
No Thank you, Sir. Lol

Doc for update please!!

Like my pic? I was playing Melee last night at like... 4am and I had to draw him!

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Heh. I'm wishing for Doc to come back. Then everyone will be so happy that he's back. It'll be party time!

IF Roy is conifrmed, then there will be another party.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
With all the updates this week, I'm starting to feel like he's building up to something big. On the other hand, he could have saved most of the better updates for the last few weeks before the launch. Either way, I'm happy to see some good updates.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Yeah these updates were pretty cool. I Liked em all last week. Although I really didnt think Olimar had a chance. Guess I was wrong.

Either we get alot of good updates or he just craps out on us.

Or he craps out on us this week and we get a Butt load next week.

ssbmfan1300

Smash Rookie
i want this game when it comes out the updates r good sure some will be dissapointing but updates arent always good but they keep u informed thats whats important and btw the game will be delayed again till march 09 T_T

Top Bottom