• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Your list is good, except R.O.B shouldn't be that high.
Proof that u have no idea what your talking about. Well maybe u do, but seriously rob is definately top tier. He is the best camper, can WoP like a mother, and lots of other stuff, defiantely top or top of high

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
I've decided that Snake is literally the number one character in the game according to what we currently know about the metagame. Why? Because his match-ups are simply ridiculous. He is at an advantage in nearly every situation, or at the very least goes even. He doesn't have a single disadvantageous match-up. He even has the slight edge over what most people deem the top/high tier characters. If you want to counter my statement by posting a match-up you think Snake is at a disadvantage in then go ahead, I bet I can make some valid points to contradict you.

supercake

Smash Apprentice
lol at all these people who are putting luigi and pikachu at mid-high tier. seriously toon link is going to r*pe everyone its only a matter of time.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
I've decided that Snake is literally the number one character in the game according to what we currently know about the metagame. Why? Because his match-ups are simply ridiculous. He is at an advantage in nearly every situation, or at the very least goes even. He doesn't have a single disadvantageous match-up. He even has the slight edge over what most people deem the top/high tier characters. If you want to counter my statement by posting a match-up you think Snake is at a disadvantage in then go ahead, I bet I can make some valid points to contradict you.
I agree. It's because of his versatility. Not only in the current metagame, but I think Snake has the highest potential of any character in this game, period. He just has way too much sh*t at his disposal. The number of techniques, tricks, and *insert whatever here* is infinite, just because of all the choices he has at his fingertips. Seriously, what were they thinking making such a broken character. Oh well, I'm not complaining. I main him.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Sir don't join in on this ridiculousness...

The mere fact that Snake, ROB, and DDD are not top tier for these nublets makes me question this ENTIRE thread...

Tier Discussion+Non Broomers=Failboat.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Does Pikachu's thundershock kill his Dsmash-planted mines? If so, that can hurt Snake a lot against Pikachu, since it lessens his control, and since Pikachu is a little *****.

I'm too tired to think the whole matchup through, all I know is that Pikachu is ****.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
I remember the first time I played a good Snake. It was in a FFA, and I never kept my eye on the Snake and his mines. I exploded so many times...

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can someone link me to a video of a good Snake player or something, because I fail to see why he is so good. I guess I just haven't seen anyone play him in person.

peeup

Smash Lord
Snake has awesome range on tilts, can edgeguard like crazy, can camp like crazy has some beast projectiles, can make the opponent spontaneously combust... need I go on?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes, because until I SEE it happening, all I have is bad people telling me a bad player with a bad character is good.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Yes, because until I SEE it happening, all I have is smart people telling me a player with a uberly epic character is good.
Don't worry, I fixed it for you. Except that grammar mistake, that was so nub on your part ;)

First of all, I own you on a level you don't comprehend.

Second of all, Snake is very good. Not only can he camp pretty well, but he can also more or less boobytrap the field. And if someone closes the gap, his tilts have range, priority, and gratuitous amounts of knockback.

I don't have a video of a good Snake, but trust me, when you play a good Snake, you'll be very impressed, and a little scared. If you got wifi, I'd suggest you go find some Snake mains and play them.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to play a good Snake. The only people i see playing him are noobs who spam his missle and then don't know how to cancel it when they miss

Corigames

Smash Hero
Don't worry, I fixed it for you. Except that grammar mistake, that was so nub on your part ;)

First of all, I own you on a level you don't comprehend.

Second of all, Snake is very good. Not only can he camp pretty well, but he can also more or less boobytrap the field. And if someone closes the gap, his tilts have range, priority, and gratuitous amounts of knockback.

I don't have a video of a good Snake, but trust me, when you play a good Snake, you'll be very impressed, and a little scared. If you got wifi, I'd suggest you go find some Snake mains and play them.
Oh, I guess I'll just take your word for it.

BTW: Mewtwo was awesome in melee. I won't show you why, but he had a nice mind-gamey projectile, his roll was massive, is up-throw was amazing, he could combo great with his down tilt, and you couldn't stop his Up B recovery. He was the ****.

Lastly, I own you. I'm the ****ing best player around, and I don't think the best is beaten by anybody, especially a nobody.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I guess they made Snake so broken in an attempt to stay true to his canonical uberness, but I really wish they'd done the same for other characters, like Sonic and Samus.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Jesus yes. If she played exactly like in super metroid... I would have no reason to not player at all at any time for any match up.
God, if Samus had Power Bombs in Smash......they'd have the same hitbox as Negative Zone and do twice as much damage. And think if she had the Spazer.........

Corigames

Smash Hero
F that, giver her the Wave + Plasma. It would go through walls AND multiple people for EXTRA damage. Then, if you get the metroid assist trophy, you can get the hyper beam when it dies.

Also, I like shooting 10-15 missiles in one jump like in the game, or super missiles actually doing SUPER MISSILE-LIKE damage. Power bombs would be nice, you know what would also be cool? If instead of rollong, you just put up the shield and hit left or right to turn on Morph ball. then you can just roll around laying bombs and stuff until you jumped to break out. That would have been neat.

BTW: I was an advocate for naming the Super Wave Dash the Shinespark, but no one got the reference...

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
F that, giver her the Wave + Plasma. It would go through walls AND multiple people for EXTRA damage. Then, if you get the metroid assist trophy, you can get the hyper beam when it dies.

Also, I like shooting 10-15 missiles in one jump like in the game, or super missiles actually doing SUPER MISSILE-LIKE damage. Power bombs would be nice, you know what would also be cool? If instead of rollong, you just put up the shield and hit left or right to turn on Morph ball. then you can just roll around laying bombs and stuff until you jumped to break out. That would have been neat.

BTW: I was an advocate for naming the Super Wave Dash the Shinespark, but no one got the reference...
Nonono, the Charge Wide Plasma Wave Ice Beam from Metroid Fusion. :laugh: It's a weapon with six words in its name! It has to be broken!
I always thought the Morph Ball could have been Samus's crawling in Brawl. It's time to give her a better down-B anyways. I'm thinking give her a passive down-B like 'Weapon Switch' or something. Yeah. So she can use the four Prime beams. Power fires fast, Wave has slight paralyzing capabilities at full charge, Ice can freeze at max charge, and Plasma just does hella damage.

...God, we gotta stop talking about this. It's making me drool.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know, they should have asked me what to do with Samus in Brawl instead of a team of... kirby game makers >_>

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I know, they should have asked me what to do with Samus in Brawl instead of a team of... kirby game makers >_>
Any Metroid fan would have been able to do her greater justice, but it's not like she's completely useless in this game. At this juncture, no one is. Samus still has some pretty amazing tools at her disposal, she's just...different.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I love melee Samus, hate 64 and Brawl Samus. I play Chu and Kirby in 64, only Samus in Melee, and only Pit in Brawl.

I wish they put Samus in Brawl. Too bad they didn't though.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Metaknight
Snake
Falco
King Dedede

High
Pikachu
Game & Watch
Marth
ROB
Olimar
Bowser
Diddy(?)

I didn't want to make a bottom, low or middle because ppl will be like: "He should be higher!!!", because ppl don't get that SOMEONE has to be bottom.

Here might be a good idea. Why don't we get a tier list draft that most everyone (that know what they are talking about (not me XD)) can agree on general list that at least puts people in high, mid, and low. From there people can make more specific ones instead of a bunch of totally inaccurate tier lists (probably like mine).

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I agree with all except Wario. He just simply isn't as gay as the rest of the mentioned characters.

I say he'd be high tier if anything. Along with Diddy, PT, and a few others.

SBJtagteam

Smash Rookie
I think I'll have a go at a tier list...

===
toon link
Marth

HIGH
===
wolf
fox
falco
Pit
R.O.B
Meta Knight
Olimar
Luigi

High-Mid
=====
Kirby
Zelda
Dedede
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Lucas
Game and Watch
Lucario
Samus

MID
===
Sonic
pikachu
Zamus
Mario
Ness
Link
bowser
Sheik

Mid-Low
=====
Wario
DK
Yoshie
Jigglypuff

LOW
===
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

its too early to decide this... once u have seen all chars come out to there potential things will change... for example i have already one a small tournie in my area with Wario... it still seems to me that everyone has a potential...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Hmm okay how about Marth vs Snake?
Or Luigi vs Snake.

Considering how both characters have decent approaching methods and a decent ground game. While their grund games aren't on pair they can take things to the air where Snake is easily outmatched by those two characters.
I am curious about your opinion on those two match ups.

Please also take into account taht Snake's recovery can be nerfed by grabs.
I don't use Marth or Luigi I use mainly Sonic and Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom