• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I mentioned gimping because it's all about guessing which move yoshi will use. Usmash will make you DI left/right, which allows dsmash to get the low angle for gimping. I didn't say it was a reliable tool, but it's definitely a possibility. Still, all the moves has to be landed by a grab first.

@KiD: People just don't put effort into learning it. I can do it consistently off grabs and have no issues landing it. Just because everyone else can't (hasn't put forth the effort to) do it doesn't mean it's not an option.

Also, reason why I mentioned against Lucas is cause he's literally ****ed from the grab release. He regains control just barely before landing on the ground. Airdodging doesn't work since he lands on the ground (landing lag allows him to get hit), and a DJAD takes 5 extra frames to work. It's not like MK where the timing is super strict.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. KID is all caps. KiD with a lower case I is a different dude.

2. i was just mentioning why hes never heard about that being possible, thats all.

3. Im coming up to visit you guys again in about a month, did Iblis tell you?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Ah my bad. Didn't know someone else has that name.

No, he didn't tell me. How long you're gonna be here?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I mentioned gimping because it's all about guessing which move yoshi will use. Usmash will make you DI left/right, which allows dsmash to get the low angle for gimping. I didn't say it was a reliable tool, but it's definitely a possibility. Still, all the moves has to be landed by a grab first.
Alright that's fair, it is a possibility, but Lucas will most likely not be getting gimped by a Yoshi. *shrug*

Scatz said:
@KiD: People just don't put effort into learning it. I can do it consistently off grabs and have no issues landing it. Just because everyone else can't (hasn't put forth the effort to) do it doesn't mean it's not an option.
Can you show me the frame data for this? I am very curious now.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well in that case, due to shenanigans by yoshi in terms of grabs and lack of easy kills, it probably is a -1. Still, I keep recalling that Yoshi has some problems himself when it comes to killing. This just me?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Unfortantely, I'm not in a position to list out the frame data (and i don't have the information saved anymore). I'll PM you that information when I'm back home next week.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For those interested: quiKsilver and AscWolf who are currently in Japan have asked Nietono about the most recent japanese tier list. This is what they got:

Top:
S+ :metaknight:
S :popo:
A+ :olimar: :snake: :falco: :diddy:

High:
A :fox: :pit:
B :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :dedede:
C+ :wario: :toonlink: :rob:

Mid:
C :gw: :sheilda: :lucario:
D+ :ike: :kirby2: :peach: :dk2:
D :wolf: :sonic: :pikachu2: :lucas:

Low:
E :mario2: :luigi2: :link2:
F :ness2: :bowser2: :yoshi2:
G :pt: :ganondorf:
H :falcon: :samus2:
I :jigglypuff:

There's a couple of things I can agree with [Fox, Pit, Wario, Ganondorf] and I generally feel like they've got the top tier pretty much completely correct. Only thing I'd change from the Top + High tier is that Pikachu should take ZSS' spot.

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox Pit always so high, no wonder Fox is that high though when they put Pika like 10 spots above Ganon lol. What is Marth doing below Pit?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Theres so much right with that list, and so much wrong at the same time.

Different metagame I guess.
I'm still wondering how the hell Link is above Yoshi. Does japan just not have any yoshi rep? ._.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ESAM is a rich kid (or he should be from all the tournaments he places at). Send me to Japan. PT being that low is a greater disservice.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Aww yeah japan zss over marth 8-) Like where they have Fox a lot.

I can't agree with where they have Pikachu, or where they have Pit. I get that Pit is workable and functional with a good recovery but... ehhhhh. I thinK Japan is also the only region to have ever had a truly successful Pit player, it's just weird to me.´

I also (can't believe I'm going to say this) agree with ROB in high tier.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I tend to ... skim over the lower parts of the tier lists myself because at that point, their strengths and weaknesses become difficult to truly qualify on the same level we can analyze mid tier and up. First of all, those characters are just played less, and less popular. Is it really even possible to tell how much better Jigglypuff is than Ganon (if she is at all) when they both do pretty poorly? lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I tend to ... skim over the lower parts of the tier lists myself because at that point, their strengths and weaknesses become difficult to truly qualify on the same level we can analyze mid tier and up. First of all, those characters are just played less, and less popular. Is it really even possible to tell how much better Jigglypuff is than Ganon (if she is at all) when they both do pretty poorly? lol
BUT POKEMON TRAINER

Maybe the US really is just bad. :o

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I thinK Japan is also the only region to have ever had a truly successful Pit player, it's just weird to me.
Then again, when you look at not only how consistently Pit places well but also the records of Earth and Masashi it's kind of hard to argue that they are wrong in placing Pit rather high on the tier list.

:059:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Killing at around 150% is worse than Peach's killing options most of the time. Damn Lucas is bad.
I give you a little more respect for saying Lucas is bad.
Not really. Lucas can actually kill at earlier percents with a good read, Peach can't unless she lands her extremely situational usmash.
Not really, unless if the player was ******** enough to run into an up smash.
Lucas' pivot grab is not useless on this MU, is nothing compared to Yoshi's,but can be used in some situations.

Also,without DI,Dthrow kills Yoshi at 150%,maybe it needs a little more % on PS1 because of the height of that stage.
It's still pretty risky and can be punished.
I don't get why you think Yoshi can Gimp Lucas, but the rest of thing you have 100% correct in what Yoshi has on Lucas. *The Dtilt yes, Dsmash I'm not too sure about because that has never been brought up as 100%*
Yoshi actually has good edge guarding against Lucas like many others because Yoshi can throw eggs to punish the pk thunder.
Lol, Pikachu and Lucas right next to each other on the tier list. Only in Japan.
Mekos should move to Japan. :troll:

I'm gonna mention something but I still think that Lucas is a low tier in America because outside of Mekos winning a couple of tournaments, Lucas has been hardly winning or placing in any tournament. I've seen other mid tiers like Luigi, Ness, and DK place pretty well or decent in tournaments, but Lucas hasn't done near as much as they did. Even low tier events Lucas doesn't place.

In doubles Lucas is alright but doubles doesn't really count for the tier list.

Judo777

Smash Master
Aww yeah japan zss over marth 8-) Like where they have Fox a lot.

I can't agree with where they have Pikachu, or where they have Pit. I get that Pit is workable and functional with a good recovery but... ehhhhh. I thinK Japan is also the only region to have ever had a truly successful Pit player, it's just weird to me.´

I also (can't believe I'm going to say this) agree with ROB in high tier.
If Mk is not in the game Rob is REALLY solid.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's still pretty risky and can be punished.
Lucas' pivot grab is not that slow,if he uses it and miss,he has time to don't get punished.

The only way that I can see Yoshi punishing Lucas because of that,is if he is not very far from Lucas and do a Dash Grab/Pivot Grab,other than that I can't see Lucas being punished for it.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Lucas' pivot grab is not that slow,if he uses it and miss,he has time to don't get punished.

The only way that I can see Yoshi punishing Lucas because of that,is if he is not very far from Lucas and do a Dash Grab/Pivot Grab,other than that I can't see Lucas being punished for that.
Maybe not that slow. But still for normal grabs kind of slow.

Yoshi could probably also jab or down smash to punish Lucas when close to him.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Jab yes,but Lucas has time to run from the Dsmash.
Also,Jab is a better option for Yoshi because of that Jab 1>Down B.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dsmash is a solid move, its just never going to kill anyone. Now if they kept his Melee dsmash, thats a different story.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Jiggz relies on timing players out but in Japan that's frowned on. Their games are 10 min, no running from the opponent/stalling and time-outs mean a Sudden Death is played. So Jiggz gets the raw deal and the other Hyrule tiers who have trouble approaching and with time outs rise on the list. Zelda only being counted as Shelda helps her, of course.

I'd guess a lot of influence is character popularity in Japan. Here several characters won n0 $
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317124
because almost no one serious uses them.
/my explanation for certain placings.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Not really, unless if the player was ******** enough to run into an up smash.
No...Lucas has other reliable kill moves unlike Peach.

Doc King said:
Yoshi actually has good edge guarding against Lucas like many others because Yoshi can throw eggs to punish the pk thunder.
Lucas has 3 other recoveries besides PKT plus a good double jump, and to be honest Yoshi does not have good edge guarding techniques against Lucas, unlike a character like Pikachu who has a decent attempt.

Doc King said:
I'm gonna mention something but I still think that Lucas is a low tier in America because outside of Mekos winning a couple of tournaments, Lucas has been hardly winning or placing in any tournament. I've seen other mid tiers like Luigi, Ness, and DK place pretty well or decent in tournaments, but Lucas hasn't done near as much as they did. Even low tier events Lucas doesn't place.
FAE just did really well in not only doubles but in the Low-Mid tourny and getting top 10 in WHOBO if I have that correctly. However, there are Lucas' doing well in placing in america besides Mekos, but Mekos acheivements defintely show Lucas deserves his position in MT.

I don't get the logic of if "only one person does well with them, deffo not good." because that means PT and Ness (well to be fair, he has FOW/Shaky) are in the same boat.

Doc King said:
In doubles Lucas is alright but doubles doesn't really count for the tier list.
Lucas is more than alright in doubles, but this is just getting nit-picky on my part because of research and results to support Lucas being a really good doubles partner regardless who he pairs with, it's just better with someone who can heal him.

Doc King said:
Maybe not that slow. But still for normal grabs kind of slow.
His pivot grab is really good and not that slow at all.

Delta said:
Dsmash comes out very quickly, Lukin. I'd be surprised if Lucas could avoid Dsmash and not jab, to be honest.
I'll be figuring this out once I get Yoshi's frame-data and see if it's 100% or not. My bet's on not, but at least you guys still have Fsmash/Usmash.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:wolf: is too low, but there are 0 in Japan so this is no surprise for his tier position. Mekos has never won a tourney either. And :lucas: always wins LT tournies even though there are relatively none.

:018:

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom