• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Banjo-Kazooie discussion thread.

kaid

Smash Master
Many of us felt betrayed when Rare left for Microsoft, ending our hopes for Banjo and Kazooie in smash. But this E3, several points emerged to give us hope. False hope, perhaps, yet hope nonetheless.

First, Snake was included in the trailer for Brawl. His inclusion shows Nintendo is being more openminded about the inclusion of other characters. While this alone does little for Banjo's chances, (given that he's "fourth party," or rather, 2nd party for microsoft) it is a step in the right direction.

Second, Peter Moore, a VP for Microsoft, is telling people to get a Wii. What better way to draw these gamers back to the 360 than to have character tie-ins on a nintendo game? The prime canidates are Banjo, Conker, and Master Chief, and of these, Banjo & Kazooie fits in smash the best.

Third, Rare is already working with Nintendo on DS projects like Diddy Kong Racing. This shows that Rare still has not broken all their ties to Nintendo, and makes getting permission to use the Banjo-Kazooie licence for smash a posibility.

It is my belief that Banjo's chances, now are the same as Sonic's was before snake was announced: Not good, but a measurable chance.

Discuss.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Antioch said:
rare is second party to microsoft.
won't happen.
Correction: Rare is part of Microsoft. A 1st party.

Any characters from Microsoft/Rare/other 1st parties over there won't happen. Rare still makes games for the GBA and DS because Microsoft doesn't have a foot in the handheld industry. Microsoft makes money from Rare developing for the DS.

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Of course, if they paid microsoft to use banjo-kazooie, I'm sure microsoft wouldn't mind too much ;)

Smash is not in direct competition with any games for the xbox360, so there isn't much harm in giving nintendo use of a character for it; on the flipside, I'm sure microsoft could make a bit of profit off of it even.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Smash Bros. isn't in direct competition with anything for the 360? The Smash Bros. series is a system seller. Microsoft wouldn't have any interest in helping Nintendo beef up the character roster.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Boy, a character from a game company that doesn't produce for nintendo anymore, or a character from a company that makes the Zelda Games for the Game Boy (Since Oracle of Seasons)?

For some reason I think the people making the Zelda games have the edge.

Edit: Also, isn't Megaman on that character Poll thing or whatever?

kaid

Smash Master
Omega, if you have played Banjo Kazooie for the 64, you should have a good idea how they fight. You have a strong bear with a backpack-mounted bird who pops her head out to peck, he wings out to airjump, and he legs out to move faster and up steep slopes. The many powerups and basic moves in the first game alone make creating a moveset quite easy.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
kaid said:
Omega, if you have played Banjo Kazooie for the 64, you should have a good idea how they fight. You have a strong bear with a backpack-mounted bird who pops her head out to peck, he wings out to airjump, and he legs out to move faster and up steep slopes. The many powerups and basic moves in the first game alone make creating a moveset quite easy.
and then theres Banjo Tooie and Grunts revenge to get more moves from

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In the new Diddy Kong Racing more characters will be added. I already saw Tiny Kong as a new comer there who MAYBE will replace Conker. And perhaps they'l add DK or Kiddy as a replacement for Banjo.

I like Banjo-Kazooie but I dont think they'l;l make it.

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
I dare say they are aloud to produce for Handhelds because
1) Microsoft will make money from it still
2) Microsoft doesnt have to worry about taking away from their handheld with self competition (since they dont have one) they would not want to benefit the Nintendo consoles, however.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie... one of my favorite platformers ever... I think they would be a perfect addition to SSBB. Unfortuantely... those *******s at MS have them... Well, Im definately all for B&K.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Banjo and Kazooie should be in the game because they have a variety of moves in their original games. And they are cool too.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i really think he should be in....countless people have said that already.... oh welll...
actually, i would rather have someone else, cough.fluddmario.cough, i dont hate him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
annoying1359 said:
i really think he should be in....countless people have said that already.... oh welll...
actually, i would rather have someone else, cough.fluddmario.cough, i dont hate him.
Fludd mario would be a waste why do we need 3 marios!

Banjo and Kazzoie would still make a super cooly team thing for S2B2 to bad they won't be in
ho hum I am glum

Dragonz

Smash Rookie
Regardless of who has rights to him , he would be such an awesome character to play as.

Lets hope that by some miracle he makes it into the game. Even though it will never happen :( haha

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie would fit Smash PERFECTLY! They would be an AWESOME addition to Brawl and would simply be a mix of awesome and gawdlyness!

Heck, why not Mumbo Jumbo as well, like a character in the background like Shy Guy in Yoshi's level or even a magical item? Nothing of the sort yet to be mentioned!

http://ibanjo.ifrance.com/render/banjomumbokaz.jpg
^Hawt Gawdly Pic^

Up B - Kazooie thrusts Banjo upward, while flapping its wings for some gliding action
Forward B - Banjo throws Kazooie like a spear and it flies back to his backpack
Down B - Banjo jumps up and Kazooie does the beak stomp down from N64 (ex.-Yoshi)
B - Kazooie shoots out eggs

Up A - Kazooie pops out for a strong beak smash upwards
Forward A - Strong Banjo punch
Down A - Banjo takes out Kazooie, holding it by the neck, and swings it in a circle downward
A - Banjo punch, punch, 3rd would be Kazooie peck

Air Up A - Upward flipping kick
Air Forward A - Kazooie does its triple peck from the N64 when you jumped and attacked
Air Down A - Kazooie downward beak hit, along with Banjo's feet stomping down
Air A - Banjo drop kick

O.M.G (ps - Open for suggestions/comments (no b****ing!))

*Banjo-Kazooie for the WIN*

~UNKN{OWN}iXi

kaid

Smash Master
There's more to this site than just the first page.

Your moveset has a few glaring holes. Back air would be a reverse peck, for example, and you're missing all the smashes and throws.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I didn't know this thread still existed. In the other B-K thread, I added these to UNKN{OWN}iXi's moveset. I like 'em.

Eternal Smasher said:
F-Tilt: Kazooie slaps the opponent with her wing.
D-Tilt: Kazooie farts out a random egg behind her.
U-Tilt: Kazooie swings her wing in an arc above the duo.

DA: Beak Barge (sliding tackle with Kazooie's beak replacing Banjo's shoulder)

Grab: Both Banjo and Kazooie grapple the opponent. As a grab attack, Kazooie repeatedly pecks the opponent's head.
U-Throw: Kazooie flings the opponent upwards and spits a random egg after him/her.
F-Throw: Banjo swipes the opponent away.
D-Throw: Kazooie bounces the opponent against the floor.
B-Throw: Kazooie filngs the opponent over Banjo's head.

Taunt: Kazooie pecks Banjo's head and giggles. Banjo strangles her in response, and she retreats into the backpack.
I also suggested a B attack that fired random eggs out of the Normal, Fire, Ice, Grenade, Battery, and Homing varieties, a Down-B that can be switched from the quicker, weaker Beak Bomb to the slower, stronger/multi-hit Bill Drill, a reverse peck for the B-Air (like kaid said), and the Breegull Bash for the F-Smash. (I'm assuming he forgot the tilts and mentioned the Smashes only; what D-Tilt would go in a complete circle?)

kaid

Smash Master
never mind, it was GreatFox64.

old thread said:
GreatFox64 said:
Originally Posted by GreatFox64
I know this isn't owned by nintendo and would never be seen in a smash bros. game, but i've always wondered how cool it would be to put Banjo-Kazooie in super smash.

Banjo-Kazooie

Jumps- First jump is a normal jump performed by banjo, the second jump is when kazooie comes out and creates a higher jump, and from there you can leave the jump button pressed to get a few extra flaps from kazooie (help for get-backs to the stage).

B: Kazooie shoots an egg. It will be random between a normal blue egg, an ice egg, a fire egg, and rarely shoots a gernade egg. The gernade egg will be slightly weaker than a Bob-omb, but still very effective. (Banjo-Tooie)
B+ Right/Left: Banjo pulls Kazooie out of his backpack and thrusts her beak forward (Banjo Tooie)
B+ Up: Like Fox's fire fox, banjo and kazooie will charge a kazooie rocket in mid-air and it will be aimable to any direction. It will be just as long as fox's fire fox.
B+Down: Like Yoshi and Bowser's b-down's, Banjo will take out kazooie and aim her beak downwards and stomp the floor.

A: Banjo punch.
Consecutive A's: After Banjo's first punch, he will slightly move forward with another punch, and from there on he will take out kazooie and stab at the enemy with her beak like Link's Illusion stab.
Forward Tilt: Banjo will swing his backpack at the enemy.
Up Tilt: Banjo performs a headbutt.
Down Tilt: Banjo will crouch down and swing his backpack forward, sort of like links swing with his sword.

Smash A Forward: Banjo takes out Kazooie and slams her on the ground, like the move in Banjo-Tooie.
Smash A Up: Like Bowser's stance when using A-Up smash, Banjo wil charge it with Kazooie's beak pointing upwards out of Banjo's backpack.
Smash A Down: Banjo will wing his back pack in a circle close to the ground.

Mid-Air A: Sex kick similar to Mario's.
Mid-Air A Forward: Beak peck- Kazooie pecks three times forward, the first peck being weaker and the last being stronger, similar to Kirby's forward air.
Mid-Air A Backward: Banjo thrusts his butt backwards similar to boswer's.
Mid-Air A Up: A headbutt like Ness's.
Mid-Air A Down: Banjo will grab his backpack over his shoulder and swing it downwards in between his legs. This move will be a spike.

Grab: Banjo will just grab the enemy normally like most characters in ssb.
Grab Attack: Kazooie will peck the enemy over Banjo's shoulder while he's grabbing.
Grab Forward: Banjo takes a step forward, pulls the enemy back and throws them forward. This will be a strong grab.
Grab Backward: Like Fox's and Mewtwo's back grabs, Banjo will throw the enemy back and kazooie will shoot them with 3 random eggs, with the gernade egg being rare.
Grab Up: Banjo slightly tosses them upward, then sends them higher with a strong back-pack blow.
Grab Down: Banjo does a flip while holding the enemy, slamming them to the ground with his back-pack. Similar to mew2's grab down with his tail.

Taunt: If you ever played the game, Banjo does a little dance with Kazooie when you find a Jiggy. Here he will take a jiggy out of his back pack and do the little dance.

Hope you liked this. If you have better ideas for his moves, be free to say so. If you played the Banjo games, I'm sure you will agree with me on him being an awesome character for super smash brothers. But sadly, he is owned by Rare, and won't be on it. Doesnt hurt to imagine does it? =]
I like it, and can hear the move sound effects already.

However, there are a few I have an issue with.
First, the egg. What kind of ROF are we talking? 3 shot burst combo could work, i guess, but not the constant shooting I seem to remember was possible. Your left-right B should be a ground A move, preferably Fsmash. (I don't remember the move you chose for Fsmash, but perhaps it could replace ne of thur backpack moves) To replace it, I suggest Running Shoes, working like the Yoshi Egg roll.
Also, a walk is Banjo, but a run is chicken-legs. I expect his dashdance to look pretty funny.

One last item, your backair. Kazooie shoud pop out of his backpack and peck outward without banjo doing anything, as one of bis fastest moves. Just what I think.

kaid

Smash Master
Banjo is a Rare created property, and so Rare retains the rights to Banjo (and, by extention, Kazooie) even after leaving Nintendo.

Sonouge

Smash Rookie
Im all up for Banjo and Kazooie being in SSBB. They've got a huge variety of moves like previous people have been saying. And they'd be a great addition to the many humans that are in the SSB series. Bear and Bird would be unique to the series.

Micro70

Smash Rookie
Banjo for Brawl

im not sure if this point has been made yet or not, but im going to say it anyways. everyone is saying that banjo and kazooie have no chance of being in brawl because they are property of Rare. BUT what about Donkey Kong, Fox McLeod and Falco Lombardi? those characters are proprety of Rare aswell and had no trouble in getting in to melee.

for all the Banjo-Kazooie fans, although it's impossible to tell whether banjo and kazooie will be in brawl, the chances of them being in the game are higher than most people make them out to be. banjo fits in the game perfectly, and even if Ninteno does end up having some Rare-Microsoft problems, im sure Nintendo will be able to work sumthing out ;)

btw, if anyone disagrees with what i have to say, please, do not flame me... this is my opinion. also, it won't do you any good because i rarely log on to smashboards. ;)

kaid

Smash Master
Starfox for the SNES was made by Nintendo. The DK arcade game was made by Nintendo. Rare was permitted to use Nintendo's franchises to make games, that is why Diddy and Krystal are Nintendo-owned.

However, Banjo Kazooie is a Rare-original franchise, and thus went with them over to Microsoft, along with Conker.

Micro70

Smash Rookie
well, ya that makes sense, but i still think banjo has a better chance than people say :)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Sadly, McFox is right. Banjo's chances of being in Brawl are unfortunatly slim. There IS chance, but I wouldn't go betting your house on it. I would LOVE to no end if Banjo was put into Brawl. Kazooie being in his backpack would be an awesome way to have a unique moveset.

Top Bottom