• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Banjo and Kazooie Strategy Guide

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey friends- I know it wont be long before we have concrete proof into what pieces fit together to make Banjo and Kazoie a complete puzzle.

What will be the strategies you can use for them? And how do you beat them?

Let's discuss.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it would be hard to discuss this before their release and more footage but:

I can imagine doing the jab combo, maybe U-Air then F-Air, run away then have Kazooie drop a grenade egg, hit the opponent with it, then Wonderwing?

I don't know how viable it'd be for competitive play, but I thought it'd be fun.

Last edited:

MyFaceIsEdible

Smash Rookie
Hey To the people that would like to Main Banjo & Kazooie there is a way to consistently grab the rear egg. Basically, you just a short hop into down B then a neutral air or grab while following the rear egg. Here is a video of me doing a few times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6h0fgBsVSw&feature=youtu.be. Tip: watch out for platforms they can mess this up due to banjos landing on them or the rear egg bouncing on them. ; You can mix is up with different aerials and directional air dodges.

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Right now I've found that the best way to play Banjo is nickle and diming opponents up to 100% with neutral projectiles and pokes/jabs/grabs when they get frustrated/greedy, then Wonder Wing.

Save at minimum 4 Wonder Wings for when they reach 90-100% damage and then you just pick an opportunity to stuff out one of their moves with it. I've got probably a 90% hit rate for Wonder Wings just by saving them up. Then once you take that stock you can use them more liberally since losing your own stock with Wonder Wings left over is a waste and suboptimal.

Eagle

Smash Lord
If someone lands behind you, you can do a SH Nair fast fall drag down which will put them in front of you for a grab.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey To the people that would like to Main Banjo & Kazooie there is a way to consistently grab the rear egg. Basically, you just a short hop into down B then a neutral air or grab while following the rear egg. Here is a video of me doing a few times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6h0fgBsVSw&feature=youtu.be. Tip: watch out for platforms they can mess this up due to banjos landing on them or the rear egg bouncing on them. ; You can mix is up with different aerials and directional air dodges.
I've been able to do this a couple times with a full hop, but I can't consistently short hop--feel like I've tried every combination of timings of releasing the jump button. I've also tried it with up on the joy stick when I had that enabled. Nothing seems to work, so I just don't short hop. Neutral air seems to be a consistent aerial for me for grounded opponents.

Right now I've found that the best way to play Banjo is nickle and diming opponents up to 100% with neutral projectiles and pokes/jabs/grabs when they get frustrated/greedy, then Wonder Wing.

Save at minimum 4 Wonder Wings for when they reach 90-100% damage and then you just pick an opportunity to stuff out one of their moves with it. I've got probably a 90% hit rate for Wonder Wings just by saving them up. Then once you take that stock you can use them more liberally since losing your own stock with Wonder Wings left over is a waste and suboptimal.
Pretty much my strategy. I'm far less consistent with Wonderwing, though, and I tend to waste my feathers when I try to Rear Egg, but accidentally Wonderwing. :lol:

As for playing online generally, I was avoiding going online until I really felt like I knew the characters so that my GSP wouldn't drop to unrecoverable levels. Was pretty good for a while, some wins some losses, stayed around a mill. Until a string of losses dropped me down to 100,000, and now now matter how many matches I win, I barely move up now.

StarKill

Smash Rookie
NNID
Uchiha86
Hey everyone. Just want to ask if I'm able to post videos on here. I have some information I feel can really help, as per my interpretation of the characters' gameplay, and would like to put myself out there for critique.

If I'm able to post replays, I'll share my knowledge, or lack thereof, of Banjo and Kazooie. If not, hell I'll do it anyway.

Top Bottom