• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hello everyone, new to the community. Was wondering if anyone here in the Grand Canyon State is interested in a duel with a fast, tenacious Melee player who wants to know what it's like to fight an experienced competitive player...

I'm up in Flagstaff currently, yet I own my own car and am willing to drive in-state a couple of hundred miles. I'm that desperate for a worthy foe. EVO is coming up and I'm not as experienced as I would like to be battling human opponents.

Let me know, eh?
We're having a tournament in the Phoenix area on June 1st. You should definitely come :)

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, new to the community. Was wondering if anyone here in the Grand Canyon State is interested in a duel with a fast, tenacious Melee player who wants to know what it's like to fight an experienced competitive player...

I'm up in Flagstaff currently, yet I own my own car and am willing to drive in-state a couple of hundred miles. I'm that desperate for a worthy foe. EVO is coming up and I'm not as experienced as I would like to be battling human opponents.

Let me know, eh?
Where in flagstaff are you??? I'll PM you with contact info

Slyer

Smash Cadet
Just as an aside has a location for the Phoenix tournament been chosen yet? North or South doesn't matter, just curious.

Slyer

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much!

Hrm still setting up that Facebook thing. I have a phone from 2002 and have deliberately avoided social networking up to this point...

Guess I'm still in the dark ages. I'm 26 but for some reason I have an aversion to it. Still, guess I could change my ways. It seems essential if I want to be part of this community.

Corigames

Smash Hero
:joyful:
:colorful: You only have to use it for the reasons you want to. :starman: No one is forcing you to make status updates, friend everyone from high school, join a bunch of groups, etc. :happysheep: If you just want to use it for smash, then that's all you need to do :estatic:

:bluejump: I hope you have enjoyed me typing to you as if I'm an old person on AOL, :smash: and you feel more at home with the formatting than current, present-day forum posting. :disco:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
think about it this way:

you're not going to know about most smashfests and happenings if you use smashboards.

you'll be posted if you use facebook.

Slyer

Smash Cadet
Lol okay you both convinced me. Er..."see" you soon on...facebook.

Oh and all that flash gave me a headache rofl. Very colorful!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm flying into Tucson to visit my bro from the 17-19th. I would really love to play with V3ctorman, but I am definitely down for smash with anyone that can.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Fun Smash last night Tucsonians. Sorry I sucked so bad.
Too bad you missed Kyle! I'm learning melee :3

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
can't wait, silly kyle and company.

Update- Will be arriving in Tucson the 16th at 2:35 PM. What day works best for everyone to play? I can do Thur, Fri, or Sat.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait to smash again must hit fluffy animals off stages and other random Nintendo characters off stage!
AZ <3

brdy_

Smash Lord
I live in Central Phoenix now near 35th Ave. and Vineyard (just north of Baseline). Let us do the smashing soon.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone who's not in the FB group reads this anymore but:

SMASHFEST TOMORROW
TAJ/WOBBLE'S PLACE
hype

MT_

Smash Ace
Has this scene moved completely to facebook?

Wanted to advertise a tourney we're holding in Austin from December 21-22. There's going to be a $330+ pot bonus (probably up to $500) and we'd love for anyone from AZ to come. You guys drove here a couple years ago and I know that was probably not really fun... but this tourney is going to be run over two days, so it will be worth your time, I promise! Housing can and will be arranged for all OoS players so you guys in AZ won't have to worry about that. I'd love to play you guys again! Looking at you Tai, Axe, OkamiBW (are you even still in AZ?). Here is the thread. If someone could post this to your facebook group then that'd be really awesome =).

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/340552/

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
**yes this is a copy and paste message. if i had the kind of time then i would be playing P:M lol **

yo everyone hows it goin? hate to be "THAT GUY" to network OKLAHOMA but we really dont do many...(or any) tourneys at all. this one is special due to our late friend Solidus.

the second installment of our SUPER BIT WARS will be taking place on November 30th. we had an amazing turnout last year( http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...al-tournament-norman-ok.309453/#post-13231605 ) With a good showing from Kansas/arkansas/tennessee/texas

This Year we have some different fighters in the lineup. we have interest from the Texas Brawl/melee scene. it is early so i wanna get the word out ASAP. the Facebook event link will be at the bottom here. there will be a smashboards thread as soon as we get all the info finalized. hit me up on facebook (Josh Currier) or on here for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/211600215685116/211965385648599/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

besides.... dont you wanna see you old punching bad Dualcats? lol

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Hey Irish, I'm in Tulsa and I'm gonna do my best to make time to come up for that tourney. How do I sign up/when is the deadline? (I don't have a Facebook, but I could make one if that's how you have to sign up.)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
out of all the people i get interest from tulsa in an AZ thread... hahaha. well im gonna make a thread on here after HXC gets everything situated. once they get their events taken care of i can get all my stuff set up

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Haha, yeah, I just searched Oklahoma and this is what I found. I've found the OK thread now so keep us posted there I guess.

Tyler McClary

Smash Rookie
is there still a smash scene in tucson? it's been a while since i've smashed or been on the boards (had to make a new account)

EDIT: my point is that I'm looking to play. Have a setup at my house if anyone wants to throw down some games :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^done, done, and doner, now i'm discussing/trying to discuss.. with the panelist on good ideas on how we can maintain, an up to date PR, and hopefully have multiple events.. to keep things interesting :)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Cori gets both a spot in the rankings and an honorable mention? :O

Thanks for the update though. Suggestions have been made to have an update strictly every X months (4-6 maybe?), or to pick a major tournament a few months away to make an update after (for example, making our next update after Apex 2014). Hopefully we can get a healthy-sized state tournament or two off at least once during each of those intervals.

Top Bottom