• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Come to.Tucson, pick me up, then drop me off again. Also, do it for free.

I don't have ride, and the money is being spent elsewhere.

:phone:

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
yo ruby i have been reading talk about you quitting smash and how you are going through things emotionally but dont you think that smash is just another outlet that you can use to make stress into focus and skill? and besides i still owe you an entry fee and the chance to win it back at the next tourny :] btw i still have your tv dude!

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Whats up Arizonians? I will be in Phoenix for about the next 6 weeks, my old username was ballistics and I've met quite of few of ya'll since my parents moved here. Let me know if anything happens soon and I'll show up :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
@Cori: I'm so down!

@Blood Falcon: I would say yes but I'm not gonna be able to go this Saturday :(

You know what we need? We need to host more smashfests!!!! I wanna play darn it lol.

Ballistics: I'm so down to play!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Start a new thread with a new PR and go from there...?

Also, do you guys want to come over for a smashfest tomorrow? I could host it if people wanna come.

Jane

Smash Hero
this thread is a historic artifact. starting a new would would be nonsensical and silly.

edit - nonsensical and silly mean the same thing. curses.

Corigames

Smash Hero
this thread is a historic artifact.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107512&
And also:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191964&highlight=Arizona+Thread

We've had old PR threads before that died off when they became useless. It's not like this would be any different. We just need someone who is active in the community to take the initiative to start a new thread with new rankings and get it over with.

I, personally, think it would revitalize a little interest in the AZ community if our PR was actually updated. Obviously, I nominate Tai for doing this since he's knowledgeable, people respect his stupid opinions, and is very active in community stuff. If not, I could jump on it just to host it.

Sayin'

Jane

Smash Hero
That's too much work, Cori. We should just have Vman give control of the thread to someone else that is actually active and will update the PR more frequently. I nominate myself, Tai, or Okami to do this. This **** needs to be updated ASAP

EZ PZ lemon squeezy

-Silly Kyle

AXE 09

Smash Master
HEY! GUYS! I wanna play some Melee. Cori, unfortunately I gotta work tonight, but if any of you are free tomorrow since I have off work, I WANNA PLAY!!!

It's kinda sad though since I live so far out of the way, but I still wanna play darn it :( I'm tired of playing against my lvl1 and lvl9 cpus. I need some variety haha. So if anyone wants to play tomorrow, hit me up!!

520-508-5160

What happened to regularly having smashfests? Man down in sv, we would have 1 at least twice a week AT MINIMUM. We need to step it up lol. Good job to Cori for offering to host a smashfest. I would be so down if I didn't work, and it sucks I live like an hour away from you.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Linking those threads made me hella sad. I miss STB and TCB and everyone else from 07-08.

Corigames

Smash Hero
We could just do it tomorrow, since it appears that no one is coming.

Wanna just hang out AXE? Play some melee and P:M?

Edit:
Also, giving control of the thread doesn't... work that way... I think. I still think it would be easier/better if someone just made it all over. Outlined criteria, provided rules, and updated it regularly, like, almost monthly.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Also, giving control of the thread doesn't... work that way... I think.
That's what happened with the Colorado PR thread. CloudChaser had control of it for forever, then some guy called Ran moved in from (I think) Louisiana, tried to jumpstart the scene, and took control of the thread. Then, a few months later, Ran realized how much the Colorado scene sucks in general, wisely dropped off the face of the planet, and quietly moved all the way back to Louisiana. A couple months after that, CloudChaser got control of the thread again. It happens.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If y'all do decide to change the owner of this thread and Vectorman isn't responding or something, I wouldn't mind doing it for you.
I usually check in here once a day if there are new posts.
It'd also be no trouble to close this thread if y'all decide to make a new one.

He made it clear with his last post in here that he DOES NOT PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE (all caps, just like that), so it should probably get someone active that can actually update it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Actually RUN something, rather than talk about it... I send PM's to the Tai, SK on AIM, FB ALL the time, asking are you sure this/that.. noonee replies.. on top of that..

NOTHING IS HAPPENING anyway... I lurk here everyday.. I'm more active than most of you think.. I'm actually prolly more active than many of you posting that it's not active... LMAO

DO something, then i'll have a reason to update stuff, simple.

EDIT: True, I don't play anymore... (I live in SV, first off, who the hell in SV plays, besides Seabass, WHOS ALSO not on the boards)... My place is BOSSS status to hold smashfest, 2 big *** screen TV's... and like 4, 5 normal setups available, but i already know NOONE in Tucson will come to SV unless it's Jackie... and phoenix = Jeff... so, yes perhaps I DON'T play, but will help ANYONE get better, if given the opportunity... I've been TRYING to get active... I'm not going to start alone.. though.. again.. ALL of you have the benefit of sparring vs something.... lol... I don't so lets get to it... I'll come back if the community does. :)

I should be no challenge to most of you.... :) after all, everyone plays. :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
>Give everyone a one month advance on a tourney to call off work and stuff
>6 people enter tournament

Lame
>Offer to host a smashfest
>No one answers call, PMs, messages, anything

Double lame

"Actually RUN something, rather than talk about it"
Trying dude. I'm trying...

On top of that, it's not so much about what has been going on with tournament placings as it has with people dropping out. Taj is still on the list after asking to be taken off. Ruby is still on the list even though he's threatened to quit a few times. Nicknyte is on there and I don't think he has any intentions of traveling to tournaments, let alone playing. I think GG7 is retired or just not going to tournies. Okami is gone for now. So there's a lot going on to influence the PR outside of just monthly tournament placings.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Noted: I know man, Trust me, I know.. I lurk here EVERYDAY, to see what action comes up... not even TAI, SK, post that much.... I'm not gonna reply to drama, exactly... I understand Rubyiris, is doing this/that, and wants to do better (and is doing better with things, and hopefully he doesn't quit melee) but I'm not going to obligate myself to respond all the time... My main priority is the "melee" side of things....

I'm even preparing for FC, as I'm sure Axe, myself, (hopefully Taj, Wobbles, Tai,) <--- We are usually the MAIN 5 that go to anything OoS anyway... (in that sense I will ALWAYS be active.)

There is so much inconsistency, idk what I'm supposed to update.. does everyone want GG7, Nicknyte, or Bubyiris, or Taj on the PR even.... (apparently it's only an 'active" list, is there something I should do there?

Do I keep? I mean, there's so much lack of communication....what am I really supposed to do (sure I don't help the cause per se, since I mainly just "lurk" but... there's no need for me to have done anything as of late... many others are MIA as well...

:( I'm telling you my place, but I know, noone will come to SV, it's why I didn't offer, Don't wanna get my hopes or Seabass's up, when there won't be a need for it.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
I still think we should try hosting melee tournaments at UAT alongside Brawl players. Axe, I'd be down for playing smash, I really want practice.

Vectorman, keep on bugging all of the panelists to send you their list until they do it. Tai posted his gay-z PR list about a month or two ago which were his thoughts of what the PR list should be.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Actually RUN something, rather than talk about it... I send PM's to the Tai, SK on AIM, FB ALL the time, asking are you sure this/that.. noonee replies.. on top of that..

NOTHING IS HAPPENING anyway... I lurk here everyday.. I'm more active than most of you think.. I'm actually prolly more active than many of you posting that it's not active... LMAO

DO something, then i'll have a reason to update stuff, simple.

EDIT: True, I don't play anymore... (I live in SV, first off, who the hell in SV plays, besides Seabass, WHOS ALSO not on the boards)... My place is BOSSS status to hold smashfest, 2 big *** screen TV's... and like 4, 5 normal setups available, but i already know NOONE in Tucson will come to SV unless it's Jackie... and phoenix = Jeff... so, yes perhaps I DON'T play, but will help ANYONE get better, if given the opportunity... I've been TRYING to get active... I'm not going to start alone.. though.. again.. ALL of you have the benefit of sparring vs something.... lol... I don't so lets get to it... I'll come back if the community does. :)

I should be no challenge to most of you.... :) after all, everyone plays. :)
^Noted: I know man, Trust me, I know.. I lurk here EVERYDAY, to see what action comes up... not even TAI, SK, post that much.... I'm not gonna reply to drama, exactly... I understand Rubyiris, is doing this/that, and wants to do better (and is doing better with things, and hopefully he doesn't quit melee) but I'm not going to obligate myself to respond all the time... My main priority is the "melee" side of things....

I'm even preparing for FC, as I'm sure Axe, myself, (hopefully Taj, Wobbles, Tai,) <--- We are usually the MAIN 5 that go to anything OoS anyway... (in that sense I will ALWAYS be active.)

There is so much inconsistency, idk what I'm supposed to update.. does everyone want GG7, Nicknyte, or Bubyiris, or Taj on the PR even.... (apparently it's only an 'active" list, is there something I should do there?

Do I keep? I mean, there's so much lack of communication....what am I really supposed to do (sure I don't help the cause per se, since I mainly just "lurk" but... there's no need for me to have done anything as of late... many others are MIA as well...

:( I'm telling you my place, but I know, noone will come to SV, it's why I didn't offer, Don't wanna get my hopes or Seabass's up, when there won't be a need for it.
Um wow there are a few things I want to say, but it's kinda late.

But I will say this - We need to give someone else control of this thread.

:peach:

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hey Cori, I wanna come over today, but it's like an hour drive for me... and if I go, I really would love a variety of people to play haha. I'm down to play this Friday :) And I really wanna come either today or on Friday (one or the other, for the purpose of gas. I'm not that wealthy lol). So to give people more notice, we should all have a smashfest this Friday :) what do you all say? If you're gonna be busy this Friday Cori, then I'll try to come today instead :) hopefully I'll bring others with me if anyone wants to carpool. But I really wanna play Friday to give people more notice, and it's the only day I have off this week besides today :p

To sum things up, SMASHFEST FRIDAY!?!?!? My place is open but idk if any of you wanna travel that far West to get to me lol. Not to mention, I'm only allowed to have 2 other cars at my house (any others will be towed).

So about the PR... if Vman's willing to update it upon request, why does the control need to go to someone else? It sounds like all that's needed is an official PR meeting over AIM, FB, etc. which hasn't happened.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I still think we should try hosting melee tournaments at UAT alongside Brawl players.
I'm fine with that, the last one went ok.

Hey Cori, I wanna come over today, but it's like an hour drive for me... and if I go, I really would love a variety of people to play haha.
The minute I can go Blitzcrank on people's *****, grab them, and pull them to my house, then I'll have a say in that. I also want people to come, but I can't force people to come. If I give a heads up that we're having a smashfest at my place, people can show up. I just got done texting the numbers of smashers that I have. I know some people don't regularly check this thread, but I don't know how else I can reach them... I'll get on aim and see if I can garner any other prospective participators in playing preschool party games.

I'm down to play this Friday ... If you're gonna be busy this Friday Cori, then I'll try to come today instead
I'm not sure about Friday. I just picked up a second job and I might be working one in the morning and two in the evening, but my schedule hasn't been set yet. So... maybe?

So about the PR... if Vman's willing to update it upon request, why does the control need to go to someone else? It sounds like all that's needed is an official PR meeting over AIM, FB, etc. which hasn't happened.
Who decides the PR anyway?
"V3ctorMan, Shiv, Silly Kyle, Jetfour, Tai"
Well, we don't have Shiv or Jackie anymore, so that leaves Vman, Tai, and SK. So all we really need now is for Kyle to post his PR Om-nom-nominations.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The minute I can go Blitzcrank on people's *****, grab them, and pull them to my house, then I'll have a say in that.
:laugh:

1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. Silly Kyle
4. Okami
5. Tai
6. Angel
7. Person
8. Human
9. Smash player
10. Homo sapiens

Top Bottom