• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
The Return of the Wobbling Phoenix!
I just thought of a name for the tournament...

So yes all that remains is getting the official ok from the Physics Society (thanks to Sean for the connection :)) and I'll make the thread. I've already gotten assurances from OK and part of NM for coming, and with Rob's return, this should be quite an awesome tourney... I hope :D

PS: I love you too David! <3

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I really hope I can make it out to that tourney. But money and vehicles will be the big concern.

The cool thing is that I get to see alot of AZ's finest in a few weeks :D

Oh ya Coty. Did you grab your glasses from Axe yet?

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
The date that we'll have the room (again, assuming everything goes through) will be for the 13th of August.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Spencer the reason why you aren't as good as you think you should be is entirely on you. It wasn't just recently that I started smashing with me, and even the. You get far too mad far too quiclly to really benefit from it.

For whatever arbitrary reasons you'd john about not being able to smash and whenever I'd offer to bus over there from Ironwood or from Jades, you would be the one who'd change his mind.

Beggars can't be choosers. Every time you decide not to take advantage of me willing to bus out to your place you may as well be taking a **** on the opportunity Sean gave you to be something.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Spencer the reason why you aren't as good as you think you should be is entirely on you. It wasn't just recently that I started smashing with me, and even the. You get far too mad far too quiclly to really benefit from it.

For whatever arbitrary reasons you'd john about not being able to smash and whenever I'd offer to bus over there from Ironwood or from Jades, you would be the one who'd change his mind.

Beggars can't be choosers. Every time you decide not to take advantage of me willing to bus out to your place you may as well be taking a **** on the opportunity Sean gave you to be something.
GUYS, PLEASE LEARN TO PM. THANKS. THIS IS HOW **** STARTS.

Sorry to hear you wont be going Xander. What happn?

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I may be the one hosting the Saturday smashfest or whatever.
Also, I may NOT be the one. Details pending.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
I can't bear to watch :(

And yeah Tony, I hear you, but unfortunately it was pretty much the only day possible. Any later is impossible due to the semester starting, any earlier is impossible due to Genesis / other tournaments =/

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Maybe so. It's just that I was requested to hold a summer-time tourney for OOS'ers, and that's what I'm going for here.

During the semester, I'm going to register a smash club so we can get venue's whenever. But right now I'm just focusing on getting this one going.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think we should just save our efforts for the semester

also, if there's good venues that a smash club at ASU could rent, we should consider hosting there regularly (maybe switching off with tucson) or hosting a regional there.... since the UA TV lounge sorta has many... imperfections.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Change of hosts

The UA tournament is still on. It's finalized, I and Xander and whoever else are hosting it. See the FB event.

Otherwise:
Saturday, July 2 @ 12pm
UA TV lounge
etc.

I dunno what we're going to do for entry. Probably in the 3 to 5 range.
Be on time. Phoenix, call me. 6-2-3-2-2-9-9-0-3-2

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Shiv, I will be there, but a little late. Maybe the 1PM range? I have work in the morning. I can upload Mantis to Mediafire for you or something :3

Corigames

Smash Hero
The UA tournament is still on.
Be on time.
A less-than-24-hour heads up that the tournament is on at 12pm with a 2 hour drive before getting there, and your worries are about punctuality? Not to be rude, because I'm sure there's still a bunch of people that are glad you are picking this up and running it, but you've got to make that decision earlier so that people can plan around it if you have expectations of people out of town coming.

I'm just raw because I called the day off to go, then it was canceled, so then I picked the shift back up, and now the tournament is back on... : /

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
A less-than-24-hour heads up that the tournament is on at 12pm with a 2 hour drive before getting there, and your worries are about punctuality? Not to be rude, because I'm sure there's still a bunch of people that are glad you are picking this up and running it, but you've got to make that decision earlier so that people can plan around it if you have expectations of people out of town coming.

I'm just raw because I called the day off to go, then it was canceled, so then I picked the shift back up, and now the tournament is back on... : /
Shiv didn't know 100% if he could run the tournament until yesterday since he may or may not have been in Phoenix depending on what his family is doing.

We've been debating whether or not to pick up the slack for the past week. You're the one who really should have waited, or payed better attention to the boards.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
he should have compromised his work schedule for the possibility of a tourney being held last-minute?

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I p. much voluntarily picked up this event.
Better that you worked and the tournament happened than that you came to Tucson and it didn't, no? I erred on the side of caution. I don't *expect* anything.

Sorry about the miscommunication, those who can come, do.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Yo, um...

We got kicked out of the Union.
"The Union's never open on 4th of July weekend."
"I have an override"
"This is gonna keep happening until you guys leave"
"That's a car alarm. This is an alarm-alarm."

My place is open for smash, if people want to play.
3214 E. 4th Street. #10

BUT it looks like there's no tournament at any rate.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I am in Phoenix, Arizona but I have no idea where anything is and I have no friends. Help? I would like to play some Melee and hang out sometime. However, I don't have a TV or a computer. Please message me and we can exchange phone numbers or some such thing. And for obvious reasons I probably can't host.

Also its annoying to get on smashboards on my phone, so if you want to just msg me with your phone number that'd be sick too. Have a good weekend!

DualCats

Smash Ace
Damn, I was hoping someone would actually be close to me and Duffy for once. > <

The problem is that, now that Tai's gone (godresthissoul), I don't know who can host. D: (I sure as hell cannot.)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Move to Tucson. :3c

Oh and after Jackie and Chris ***** me a shotload at last nights smashfest I got mad and decided to grind techskill forever. In the process I figured out why my techskill sucks. Now it doesn't. I'm pretty happy.

Corigames

Smash Hero
A.
A lot of people don't check the boards 24/7, have commitments that hinge upon a set schedule, and travel time and expenses that have to be taken care of. I've organized quite a few tournaments and have a pretty good idea of the effort that has to go into running one, and saying that a tournament is going to happen 3 hours before that day starts is not a bright idea in my experience. It doesn't give anyone time to plan for it, so you will end up with no one coming to it. It just ends up being a big waste of time.
B.
brdy_, I live just North of the Mill's Mall. It'd be about a 2 and a half mile walk to get over here/there.

Top Bottom