• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
ggs all teh americans i played will c u soon as Furious Ally, need to stop sucking at Nationals. ;)

Japan:

Ayuha/Suinoko for helping us with translating and such, mad work. And Ayuha mad chill one of my favorite japanese haha!

Otori: Good job, you'll get em next time
Kakera: No play ;(
Earth: ggs, you're the best PIT X.X
9B: The only fun ICS ever. GGS I enjoyed playing with you, they were too funny.
Abadango: Ggs, you will improve no worries but I'm not a god :p
Rain: ggs , stop suiciding.
Kairo: No play ;L
Fuwa: You are really good!!!
Mikeneko: GGS, best Marth, your spacing is incredible x.X next time I shall win the rematch ;) (Probably not)
Kuroobi: It was fun to play with you. You have alot to learn, please become the best Snake in Japan soon, I did learn a few things and your techchasing is amazing don't give up :p.

EU:

Mr R: you ***** dude when I heard you 2-0ed ADHD ESAM and DOJO i was like O.O. Great seeing you till next time.
Quiksilver: ehhhh I really didn't care playing at that point I had already lost my drive to win next time I'll give you a real set.
. . . forgot other EU.

Mexico
Waymas: no play but you're amazing in doubles.
Rafa: Ggs I hate Snake dittos XD they were close.

Thx to all of Apex Staff for the best tournament I've attended, will wait for the next one ;)

Salem: I would never think you would win this. Good job. Enjoy the trip to ST Marteen n da moolah.

MI: Thanks for carpooling and stuff. till next time y0o0o0o0o

Mampam

Smash Ace
2: Mew2King :metaknight: ($1,642.50)
3: Otori :metaknight: ($722.70)
4: Nairo :metaknight: ($394.20)
5: Anti :metaknight:($164.25)
9: Dojo :metaknight:
9: Zero :metaknight:
13: Rain :metaknight:
13: Ally :metaknight:
17: Havok :metaknight:
17: Pwii :metaknight:
17: Kakera :metaknight:
17: Nakat :metaknight:
17: Tyrant :metaknight:
25: Seibrik :metaknight:
25: Bloodcross :metaknight:
25: Atomsk :metaknight:
33: Koolaid :metaknight:
33: Fow :metaknight:
33: Lie :metaknight:
33: Tearbear :metaknight:
49: Attila :metaknight:
49: Pelca :metaknight:
49: Jbandrew :metaknight:
49: Jtails :metaknight:
65: Sago :metaknight:
65: Hinkage :metaknight:
65: Zex :metaknight:
65: Orion :metaknight:
65: Croi :metaknight:
65: TO Joe :metaknight:
65: BJay :metaknight:
65: Smurf :metaknight:
97: Red-X :metaknight:
97: YoshQ :metaknight:
97: DLA :metaknight:
97: Poyo :metaknight:
97: RJ :metaknight:
97: Cheese :metaknight:
97: :metaknight:
97: Inui :metaknight:

REALLY?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Did anyone from AZ (Heldrich Room 428) find a grey/black backpack in their room? I forgot it there Sunday night during the after party. It can easily be identified by the name on my prescription medicine bottles. Someone from Canada called the room and asked for it to be dropped off at the front desk, but they did not have it when we came to pick it up the morning after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:phone:

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to those running the streams, watching tons of Melee action was awesome. M2K playing really well to get to 3rd (even if Mango was a bit off his game) and congrats to Armada for somehow winning. I don't know how he beat Dr PP as it looked like PP was outplaying him for a large portion of grand finals.

Young Link v Ness was more entertaining than I thought it would be haha.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
2: Mew2King :metaknight: ($1,642.50)
3: Otori :metaknight: ($722.70)
4: Nairo :metaknight: ($394.20)
5: Anti :metaknight:($164.25)
9: Dojo :metaknight:
9: Zero :metaknight:
13: Rain :metaknight:
13: Ally :metaknight:
17: Havok :metaknight:
17: Pwii :metaknight:
17: Kakera :metaknight:
17: Nakat :metaknight:
17: Tyrant :metaknight:
25: Seibrik :metaknight:
25: Bloodcross :metaknight:
25: Atomsk :metaknight:
33: Koolaid :metaknight:
33: Fow :metaknight:
33: Lie :metaknight:
33: Tearbear :metaknight:
49: Attila :metaknight:
49: Pelca :metaknight:
49: Jbandrew :metaknight:
49: Jtails :metaknight:
65: Sago :metaknight:
65: Hinkage :metaknight:
65: Zex :metaknight:
65: Orion :metaknight:
65: Croi :metaknight:
65: TO Joe :metaknight:
65: BJay :metaknight:
65: Smurf :metaknight:
97: Red-X :metaknight:
97: YoshQ :metaknight:
97: DLA :metaknight:
97: Poyo :metaknight:
97: RJ :metaknight:
97: Cheese :metaknight:
97: :metaknight:
97: Inui :metaknight:

REALLY?
Yes, because :metaknight: players who didn't even win clearly means he's broken.

Ban :metaknight:

Djent

Smash Champion
Look at Melee, with its 9 characters in the top 8. 11 if you count Young Link and Ness.
Except there are only 8 (10 counting the low tiers) - I think you counted :sheikmelee: or :marthmelee: twice. ;)

Still impressive as hell though.

^I have it! :)

Btw, I got 9th place. Not sure if that's necessary for the first post or not lol

:phone:
Your username has foretold it! Axe the prophet.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Honestly, the game came out 4-5 years ago. Repeating what Gheb said; if people still can't deal with MK, then they might as well not play this game.

Stop being a *****. No johns.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
shotouts to Xyro77 for 15/32 are MK

Amazing stream, hopefull next year I'll be there and not in my living room lol

OH! and shotouts for México for making hype in doubles but then got kinda ***** in singles

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Shout out time.

First and foremost thank you guys for letting me host this. I know people were on the fence and some did not go but I hope NOW they everyone will show up for another one of these ( yea kinda confirming Apex 2014 but we still have to check our losses ). It was a honor to watch all the great play from everyone.

From the feedback I got I felt that the new system was a HUGE success. I heard everyone got LOTS of friendlies in and had nothing but fun the entire weekend. I also felt the level of play was EXTREMELY high. I think something we will need to look at is how many make it into bracket cause I think a 64 man bracket would of made things easier on us. But that is for another time.

I won't get into details about everything but please hit up @screwattack and @ocremix and thank them for their help and support. I love the content I received and I REALLY LOVE that ALBUM :D.

Wow didn't even get to start my shouts...welp here I go

Streamers

Jaxel : Great showing. You brought smash to the top with your support and your dedication. I felt this year we broke records that people NEVER EVER expected us to. We had more people watch smash then Marvel and that is an AMAZING Feat.

Bifuteki : Thank you. You are a great friend and a great streamer. You managed to put everything together even when your hardware was being homo. I love you man :)

Chibo : I mean what can I say that has not been said. Great job and I cannot wait to chill again!

Main TO Staff

Nintendude : From just being here to being the main TO of 64. I gave you the chance to make history and you did. Amazing Job man.

Chain-ace : Wow dude you did so much work in and out of the tournament and your support is ALWAYS something I am honored to have.

Melee

FullMetal : My god man...we did it...its over and we did it. I love you. You had my back when a lot of people wouldnt have. I hope you personally had a lot of fun and I am glad to say you are my melee TO for the coming years and BEYOND!

Maria : OMG You are the best. I wish I had more of you ! Seriously from the bottom of my heart thank you. I am glad to have you around and I hope you come back!

Brawl

Keitaro : WE DID IT!!!!! HAHAHA we are done and we had a lot of great times. We fought thru all the issues and pushed on like it was no one's biz. Love your commentary so :)

RJ : So much to say...you put in a lot of work. Thank you for everything!

Commentary Teams

Battlecow : I love your commentary. I would be honored to hear you come back. Just dont scream into the mic :D. Nah...I'd do the same thing ROFL.

Melee

Dogy : OH man what a great job man. I am glad you got it in and had the time fo your life!

Prog : What is there to say? Great tournament Great experience. You being supportive helped me a lot.

D1 : MYYYYY DOOOODDDDDDDDDDD You are my favorite commentator in all games. Want you to get on that brawl commentary as well!

Wobbles : Heard you did great also good job man!

Brawl

Coontail : I am proud of you . To me, you earned your stripes and I am proud.

Pierce : Same to you man I am glad we all made this work

EE : PHILLLLLLLLLLLL OMG THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME

Normal Staff

Fats : Nothing can be said for what you did this year. You were the backbone this year that we needed and from the bottom of my heart thank you. I love you man. Thunda Buddies for lyfe!

MDZ : Enough said you did great man thank you for all your help.

Juggleguy : Thank you for all your seeding help! It made things amazing this year!

Rykoshet : The write ups you did were simply amazing thank you!

Ori : I love you...same thing I said to fats I will say to you. You will be back next year!

Volunteers

Stef : Thank you for everything. You were great to talk to and I am glad I had a great time.

Mizuki : <3 babe I am glad EC made you not quit this game! EC love is TOOO STRONNGG

Ripple : OMG you are staff next year you are toooof uckkkiiing goood

Sky : Same to you welcome to next years staff and I love you man we will make SURE you are on that mic no more than 2312313213 matches :D

Sarah : Thank you for translating and being an amazing friend! TITANS TOGETHER TITANS FOREVER

All those I missed : I love you thank you for helping and I hope you help next year!

Personal thank yous

Crismas : Thank you for being there and supportive you did a great job. People need to give you the credit you deserve for all the hard work you put in.

Big E/Min/FGC : Thank you for the chance to show you I can make a great event. Glad you guys all gave me such a positive reception.

Screwattack : OMG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU WANT TO COME BACK.

OCREMIX : SAME I LOVE YOU GUYS !

I had a dream that this would change everything and I think it has. Let no one take this away from us. Let no one deny that the smash community is here to stay. I want one thing from this. I want everyone for next year to make Apex 2013 the first tournament with 2 400+ entries for Melee and Brawl. I want that to happen. Melee keep going strong and Brawl keep breaking records. We got this.

I will probably miss a few ppl but THANK YOU TO THE SPONSORS/PARTNERS

Madcatz
PDP
Megabus
Ocremix
Screwattack
DMG
KPB
DIGITAL PRESS
Genuis Gaming
YESTERCADES
StreetPass NY/Princeton
GameUnderground
Saber Gaming
Nugget Bridge

MOST OF ALL TO ROLANDO AND THE VXG GROUP FOR THE AMAZING PRIZES

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yes they will chain-ace is doing thta on my account as i have to go to bigtwo/battlecircuit to talk tabout apex 2014

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"so sick of mk man just everything else about this game is perfect man if mk were gone this would be the perfect game"

who are you guys trying to fool? yourselves? give it up.

shoutouts to a great tournament with the hypest finals. i'll do full shoutouts when the full results are out :]

zhouster

Smash Rookie
Are videos going to be posted on the Apex Tourney channel? Or perhaps will there be compiled links on a results/video thread?

also, shoutouts to M2k for taking third and proving the haters wrong. And shoutouts to Apex 2014 that hopefully I'll actually be able to attend. Wonderful job Alex!

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
Tesh
Smash Hero

Brawl FC: 4897-9533-2378
^lol that made me chuckle. Hopefully the US makes it to the grand finals of their tournament this time.

Mikeneko will get destroyed like all the other Marths. I'm gonna say now that he won't make top 12.

--2 marths in top 8--

MJG

Smash Hero
ggs all teh americans i played will c u soon as Furious Ally, need to stop sucking at Nationals. ;)

Japan:

Ayuha/Suinoko for helping us with translating and such, mad work. And Ayuha mad chill one of my favorite japanese haha!

Otori: Good job, you'll get em next time
Kakera: No play ;(
Earth: ggs, you're the best PIT X.X
9B: The only fun ICS ever. GGS I enjoyed playing with you, they were too funny.
Abadango: Ggs, you will improve no worries but I'm not a god :p
Rain: ggs , stop suiciding.
Kairo: No play ;L
Fuwa: You are really good!!!
Mikeneko: GGS, best Marth, your spacing is incredible x.X next time I shall win the rematch ;) (Probably not)
Kuroobi: It was fun to play with you. You have alot to learn, please become the best Snake in Japan soon, I did learn a few things and your techchasing is amazing don't give up :p.

EU:

Mr R: you ***** dude when I heard you 2-0ed ADHD ESAM and DOJO i was like O.O. Great seeing you till next time.
Quiksilver: ehhhh I really didn't care playing at that point I had already lost my drive to win next time I'll give you a real set.
. . . forgot other EU.

Mexico
Waymas: no play but you're amazing in doubles.
Rafa: Ggs I hate Snake dittos XD they were close.

Thx to all of Apex Staff for the best tournament I've attended, will wait for the next one ;)

Salem: I would never think you would win this. Good job. Enjoy the trip to ST Marteen n da moolah.

MI: Thanks for carpooling and stuff. till next time y0o0o0o0o

You got this next time. I still think you are one of the best brawl players ever.

Shoutouts later...possibly...

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
This tournament was awesome. Would really like to see results with pools included, but if that isn't possible, then I completely understand.

Will do mad shoutouts.....eventually.

Top Bottom