• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Official 2015 Peach Stage Discussion*

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Hello and welcome to the official thread where we will talk about where to bring each of the top and mid tier characters, I didn't find any other similar threads so I decided to make one. I've been playing this game for about a year and I've mained Peach since the start, here's what I think.

Fox :

Against Fox I like to go on Fountain of Diks but it's usually banned so your other decent options are Final Destination if you have mastered the chain grabs and either Yoshi's Story or Battlefield as a neutral depending where you feel more comfortable. Your best bet is to ban Pokemon Stadium and hope he doesn't want to deal with you on Dreamland

Falco :

Against Falco I really like to go Dreamland, but if it's not an option I also like going Final Destination or Fountain. Battlefield is pretty average. I don't like Yoshi's story but it's still better than Pokemon Stadium. Ban Stadium

Sheik :

Against Sheik I like to go to Dreamland, it's really good for us in this match up. My second option would be Fountain of Dreams. Final destination is probably where you'll end up as a neutral but I think it's at our advantage. I'd ban Battlefield absolutely. Yoshi's Story and Pokemon Stadium isn't bad but I feel like there are better options

Marth :

Marth will make you feel like you run out of options for what stage to pick. Dreamland is pretty much the only good one for us. Then you'll be picking the lesser of two evils depending on what they ban (Go on Battlefield or Fountain) and I don't know what to tell you to ban the rest is all pretty bad..

Dr Mario :

Once again Dreamland is your best bet, and not surprisingly fountain is your best second option. Yoshi's isn't too bad and plus doc has a hard time landing on Randal compared to most characters. I'd try to avoid Battlefield and Pokemon stadium. I think Final destination is the neutral option here for the two of you just make sure you know how to deal with his pills. If you don't go to Yoshi's instead

Pikachu :

The matchup is hard for them apparently but it's no reason to not know what map to go on. Best option in my opinion is Fountain, and I find Yoshi's Story to be good too. Dreamland is good too if you don't feel comfortable on small stages. Ban Battlefield or Pokemon depending on what you feel is the best for you. Final Destination is pretty neutral I guess as far as stages go

Samus :

Picking a map against Samus is pretty silly, I find that Yoshi's story is great because the shy guys mess with her bombs and projectiles and whatnot. If you know you can outcamp the samus player then Dreamland is a good option. I would try to avoid Fountain of Dreams as much as possible they live too long here compared to us. I'm not too sure about the rest of the maps

Ganondorf :

Well I can tell you straght away to ban Yoshi's Story, it's not as bad for Peach than it is for other characters because we get away from a lot of Ganon Bs but I think it's safe to say we have better options anyway. I would also try to avoid Battlefield if possible. Ganon down airs hurt on Pokemon stadium, but it's not worth banning imo. This may come down to personnal preference but Final Destination is my favourite stage in this match up, Ganon can't have his platforms and he'll have a much harder time getting stage control than you. Second Pick would be Fountain of Dreams because he's a tall guy and if you're lucky you might get a platform downsmash opportunity, also the blastzone is pretty high so that's good to survive his dairs. Neutral will probably be Dreamland if he know about Final D, and we all know Dreamland is good for Peach. Just make sure you can get the kill, once he's off stage he should almost never come back

Yoshi :

Yoshi is another odd match up when it comes to stages and it's a really hard matchup for them so you should be able to win on any stage. I think the best stage against him is Final destination because no platforms hurts him a lot, but they will usually ban it. I think Fountain of dreams is the second best pick, and Pokemon stadium is good too. I like to ban Yoshi's story against him, and if I can I'll avoid Dreamland and Battlefield but it's no big deal if you end up on them

Last edited:

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I like how the biggest paragraph is against ganon

IMO Peach vs Ganon Stage tier list: Dreamland > FD > FoD > Pokemon Stadium > Battlefield > Yoshi's

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Here are my thoughts on Luigi:

Peach wins that match up solidly enough that stage choice doesn't make much of a difference. Similar to Ganon. A local Luigi player counter picks me to Pokemon Stadium because of the low ceiling. He likes to use usmash to kill. For similar reasons, I would avoid Yoshi's Story, but the shy guys might mess with his recovery there. He took me to Battlefield recently and platform camped me somewhat effectively. He beat me that game because I couldn't find a solution in time, but afterward, thinking about it, Peach can definitely use turnips and positioning better than I did to cut off Luigi's mediocre and linear platform movement. Fountain of Dreams is fine since Peach beats Luigi and he can't use the platforms well there. Dreamland is good. You can get the lead and play defense really well there, force Luigi to have to make poor approaches. FD is good because Peach's moves beat Luigi's and turnips control the ground well.

So I guess the rank would be DL>FD>FoD>BF>YS>PS although some of those could switch with their neighbors depending on each player's preference.

Against Jigglypuff, I prefer big and long stages because Jiggs is going to take longer to kill you than you her. DL>PS>FD>BF>FoD>YS.

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Against Falco, if his goal is to camp you out, Dreamland might be worse than Battlefield because you can't corner him at all. On Battlefield I think it's easier to force him off the top platform into a less favorable position. Dreamland you can't really do that, but he has to rack up more damage to kill you, meaning more camping = harder.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
I preach that there are certain stages that warp some match-ups.

You have to learn a matchup and then learn a matchup in a certain stage.
Stages like FD, FoD and Yoshi Story are the prime example, as they change regular interactions.

Most neutral stage is going to be BF always, IMO

Fox :
He wins everywhere. Pick based on personal preference and try to figure out what are the stage tricks that certain Fox main is not using.

Falco :
Against Falco I rather not play on Yoshi if he knows the setups to shine off the top and on PK Stadium, because it super benefits campier Falcos.

Sheik :
Peach has the advantage on DL, Sheik has the advantage at BF, YS and PS
Stage positioning have a big part in this matchup, specially the dropzone reach.

Marth :
Outside of DL, where you just amplify Peach absurdity, you pretty much lose every single map. I like FD because you win the matchup in the end by playing footsies and FD pretty much forces him to do it.

Jigglypuff :
Dreamland and FD are the best stages. If the matchup is an ~attrition war~, you better make that attrition **** happen.

I recently watched Mafia playing against Puff and I've had some ideas for the matchup.

ICs :
DL64 is boring, FD might be the best stage but I never do well on it, BF is annoying because of blizz traps under platform and you get boxed if you make a mistake, but overall it's a pretty cool stage.

Don't go to Yoshi, FoD or PS pls.

Falcon :
Don't go to FD. Don't go to Dream Land, Don't go to PS.
**** this matchup lmao

Dr Mario :
Anywhere where he can't camp under a platform, cuz that is so annoying lmao.

Pikachu :
Longer stages. Peach has to control the center stage and not get dragged to the corners, while crouch cancelling and laughing.

Samus :
I actually enjoy FD, BF and DL64.
I didn't play this matchup enough but I felt much more comfortable playing in those stages.

Ganondorf :
Pick FD lmao.
DL64 is boring but is actually a really good stage. PK stadium is janky.
Anywhere else is pretty much even.

Yoshi :
FD for days, **** platform tricks lmao

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Adding to this thread, I find Pokemon stadium to be the best stage to fight jigglypuff on try to sneak in some nairs and up airs at high percent and camp ultra hard to get stitch faces, I also love Yoshi's because you can get early kills but one mistake and you're done so you have to be extra careful, and I also like FoD but I'm not sure why, I just tend to win a lot vs jiggs here just please don't spam downsmashes or dash attacks that's like the worst thing you can do you'll get rested. The stage I dislike the most here is Dreamland ban that **** you're making the match get more exchanges in neutral game where you lose, and FD is pretty meh you don't have your platform movement anymore and Jiggs thrives when you are both airborne

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Adding to this thread, I find Pokemon stadium to be the best stage to fight jigglypuff

Zoning Peach with Up-Airs have a GREAT part in this match-up and I don't think taking Puff to Stadium would be a smart idea.

I also love Yoshi's because you can get early kills but one mistake and you're done so you have to be extra careful, and I also like FoD but I'm not sure why, I just tend to win a lot vs jiggs here just please don't spam downsmashes or dash attacks that's like the worst thing you can do you'll get rested
Yoshi and FoD are both high variation maps in this matchup. I wouldn't recommend because it let's Puff control the space better and that is exactly what you don't want.

Killing is cool though LOL

The stage I dislike the most here is Dreamland ban that **** you're making the match get more exchanges in neutral game where you lose
I disagree completely.
You have more space to run around and pull turnips, Puff survives like... 30% more, Peach gets more 80%. Top platform is a ***** to get to and you can literally top platform camp Puff if you are a *****.

Puff wins by getting clean hits, Peach wins whenever she trades or get clean hits, so why wouldn't you force more interactions since this is the only way you win the matchup ?

I've watched Mafia playing the Puff matchup and that opened my eyes on controlling the stage against Puff (and also how pulling less turnips can be beneficial, I know right ?!?!)

FD is pretty meh you don't have your platform movement anymore and Jiggs thrives when you are both airborne
As I said about Marth, Peach is clearly supposed to lose against Puff/Marth on FD, but that match exposes who has the best control of the center stage and notions about footsies. There is no jank.

Gotta watch for the Up-Air though, FD ceiling is surprisingly low.

Dr. Cannon

Smash Rookie
I don't think Dreamland is that bad against falcon. You get to live super long, sometimes past dthrow -> knee percent. And if you can get grabs on him FD is not that bad either. Not good though, I'd still strike it.

ECTO

Smash Rookie
I see I'm not the only one that can't figure out where to take Falcon. FD is good if you can get a grab on Falcon, but most of the time you can't if the Falcon knows what he's doing. I do get counterpicked to Dreamland but I usually do decent in there regardless of their pick. **** Pokémon tho, even Yoshi's isn't that bad.

Also for Marth I often go to FD. Turnips really force him to something on this stage and you can just play footsies with ease. I also bring Shieks on FD all the time, they don't have the extra little platform to recover on or dropzone aerials. I just love FD with Peach, maybe to a fault, I find it's one of her best stages.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Against falcon the best stage will probably be pkmon stadium because the transformation can slow falcon down

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
I see I'm not the only one that can't figure out where to take Falcon. FD is good if you can get a grab on Falcon, but most of the time you can't if the Falcon knows what he's doing. I do get counterpicked to Dreamland but I usually do decent in there regardless of their pick. **** Pokémon tho, even Yoshi's isn't that bad.

Also for Marth I often go to FD. Turnips really force him to something on this stage and you can just play footsies with ease. I also bring Shieks on FD all the time, they don't have the extra little platform to recover on or dropzone aerials. I just love FD with Peach, maybe to a fault, I find it's one of her best stages.
personally, i really like Yoshi's against Falcon...i feel like its smaller size reduces how much room he has for combos, but maybe thats just the Falcons that I've played against? i dont have to get as much % to just get a FThrow kill and end the match faster...because man that match is a serious mental drain for me

for marth, i still haven't decided which stage i'd prefer (since he'd most likely ban DL against me)...i suppose i'd choose Battlefield but regardless of what stage we go on, i'll hate this MU...

Top Bottom