• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official Updated Melee Panel Tier List and Community Voted Results

Melansjf

Smash Rookie
I'm just chucking out an observation here.

Fox and Falco have no bad match ups, but Fox arguably has better matchups against more of the cast than Falco, I've heard that fox has three iffy match ups compared to Falco's five.
So Fox has a +2* "advantage" over Falco (though both apparently have no poor match ups).
But I've read, and witnessed Falco having an advantage over Fox in a one-on-one matchup. So are we judging by points for and against? Because in almost everything else in case the of a tie it's always decided by the head to head match.
Either way, it Fox and Falco should be either tied, or at least in the same tier.

(*Falco has the advantage on Fox, so it should be +1)

skyrider332

Smash Rookie
The way I see it we could do this two ways,
1- break out the Tafo stats on every match ever recorded and stack them against each other.
2- let TAS versions of both characters just go at it and see who comes out on top.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The way I see it we could do this two ways,
1- break out the Tafo stats on every match ever recorded and stack them against each other.
This wouldn't very accurately reflect the current meta; maybe do Tafostats on the past year?
2- let TAS versions of both characters just go at it and see who comes out on top.
This is a bad idea; there's a lot of stuff that is not humanly impossible that could skew the results (such as TAS Falcon's movements being so fast that nobody could ever land a hit on him) and some tech that wouldn't be viable in a match would be viable in the TAS run (such as frame-perfect multishine shield pressure with Fox).

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Okay first off, what the **** were you thinking having Fox at the top? Above falco? We all ****ing know that falco is easily number #2 maybe number one on the tier list. Fox's lasers can't stun and have no autocombos so gg on that arguement.

Second off, pika above samus? Samus even considered C tier? Wow, I have not lost a game as Samus in my entire life just because of how broken she is. Who else can CC at like 150%?

This tier list is actually so fraudulent I can't believe ANYONE believes this bull****. Have fun being wrongly educated you idiots.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Okay first off, what the **** were you thinking having Fox at the top? Above falco? We all ****ing know that falco is easily number #2 maybe number one on the tier list. Fox's lasers can't stun and have no autocombos so gg on that arguement.

Second off, pika above samus? Samus even considered C tier? Wow, I have not lost a game as Samus in my entire life just because of how broken she is. Who else can CC at like 150%?

This tier list is actually so fraudulent I can't believe ANYONE believes this bull****. Have fun being wrongly educated you idiots.
Troll game 2 gud.

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Troll game 2 gud.
Are you kidding me? Trolling? Do you actually think I'm not being serious about this? If you want to have the mentality that fox is still viable in this meta game where literally every character is evolved around beating fox, then have fun with that. I'll see you drown in pools while I'm getting top 3 at least at Evo with Samus.

Edit: Granted I can beat Hugs or Plup in the ditto.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Are you kidding me? Trolling? Do you actually think I'm not being serious about this? If you want to have the mentality that fox is still viable in this meta game where literally every character is evolved around beating fox, then have fun with that. I'll see you drown in pools while I'm getting top 3 at least at Evo with Samus.

Edit: Granted I can beat Hugs or Plup in the ditto.
I kinda assumed you were joking. Fox has the strongest uncharged U-Smash in the game (great for killing Samus off of the top), U-throw Uair is garenteed on a good amount of the cast at varying percents, Fox has a frame 1 move that spikes the opponent (I've been gimped at 0% by screwing up an edgeguard against Fox,) his laser's fire rate allows him to build percent very fast if his opponent is slow, he can combo the opponent very well and has a vast number of options at any given time, and he has pretty fast movement. He's very technically demanding, but he's the best character in the game. Falco's a close number two, but neither of them have any unfavorable MUs against the rest of the cast.

Also, if you've never lost a game with Samus, you either live in a garbage region or you haven't ever gone to a tourney lol.

EDIT: And if you're actually trolling (I still think you are based on your overstatement about never losing with Samus and "number #2" in your OP,) congrats, you got me.

Last edited:

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
I kinda assumed you were joking. Fox has the strongest uncharged U-Smash in the game (great for killing Samus off of the top), U-throw Uair is garenteed on a good amount of the cast at varying percents, Fox has a frame 1 move that spikes the opponent (I've been gimped at 0% by screwing up an edgeguard against Fox,) his laser's fire rate allows him to build percent very fast if his opponent is slow, he can combo the opponent very well and has a vast number of options at any given time, and he has pretty fast movement. He's very technically demanding, but he's the best character in the game. Falco's a close number two, but neither of them have any unfavorable MUs against the rest of the cast.

Also, if you've never lost a game with Samus, you either live in a garbage region or you haven't ever gone to a tourney lol.

EDIT: And if you're actually trolling (I still think you are based on your overstatement about never losing with Samus and "number #2" in your OP,) congrats, you got me.
Garbage region? Are you kidding me? I live in the most advance region ever. We are constantly improving the meta game every single day of the week. We do extensive research on every one of Samus's matchups and it's been mathematically and categorically proven that Samus just can not lose to anyone. I think you live in the garbage region since you still believe the easiest combo'd character still has a shot at winning even a regional. Rethink your life, then talk to me when you're even close to my level.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Garbage region? Are you kidding me? I live in the most advance region ever. We are constantly improving the meta game every single day of the week. We do extensive research on every one of Samus's matchups and it's been mathematically and categorically proven that Samus just can not lose to anyone. I think you live in the garbage region since you still believe the easiest combo'd character still has a shot at winning even a regional. Rethink your life, then talk to me when you're even close to my level.
Troll game 2 gud.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
I tried forming my own list based on:
Neutral/Punish/Recovery
1.:foxmelee:S+/S+/S
2.:marthmelee:S-/S/A-
3.:falcomelee:S/S+/S-
4.:jigglypuffmelee:A+/S/S+
5.:peachmelee:A/S/S
6.:sheikmelee:A/S/A+
7.:icsmelee:Wobbling/Wobbling/B
8.:pikachumelee:A-/S/S
9.:samusmelee:A-/A-/S
10.:falconmelee:A+/S/B+
11.:luigimelee:A/A/B-
12.:yoshimelee:A/A/B-
13. :drmario: A-/A+/C+
14.:younglinkmelee:A-,S-(floaties)/B/ A
15.:ganondorfmelee:B+/A/B
16.:mariomelee:B+/A/C+
17.:linkmelee:B+,A+(floaties)/B-/C+
18.:pichumelee:B/A/A+
19.:mewtwomelee:B/A-/C+
20.:dkmelee:B-/A/C-
21.:roymelee:B+/B+/C-
22.:zeldamelee:C/B/C+
23.:gawmelee:C/B-/C
24.:nessmelee:C/B/D
25.:bowsermelee:D/B/D
26.:kirbymelee:D/D/C
Please tell me what you think.

Last edited:

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
Neutral/Punish/Recovery
5.:peachmelee:A/S/S+
8.:pikachumelee:A-/S/S+
9.:samusmelee:A-/A-/S+
15.:ganondorfmelee:A-/A/B
jesus get down from there pichu, youre gonna hurt yourself!

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Neutral/Punish/Recovery
5.:peachmelee:A/S/S+
8.:pikachumelee:A-/S/S+
9.:samusmelee:A-/A-/S+
15.:ganondorfmelee:A-/A/B
I don't think you can justify Pikachu over Falcon. Falcon can contend in neutral with just about anyone, while Pikachu has some notable problems with Sheik and Peach, and big problems with Icies. I honestly think Pikachu should be behind Samus too.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
it may be naivity, but I've always felt that in perfect hands pikachu has the ground speed to deal with any character.

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
Surprisingly Young Link/Link has the same Up-Bs, but they are different, Young Link's Up-B is multiple hits while Link's Up-B is a finisher (For those who didn't know).

P.S. I miss the old voice actor for Link and Fox.

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Falcon has the fastest ground speed in the game, though.
This. Plus Falcon just has better neutral tools. Pikachu's biggest issue is lack of range. Pikachu is like a poor man's fox in a lot of aspects, but lacks most of the tools that makes fox so good. Against Sheik or Ice Climbers, you just don't have the options. You can't just rely on your speed because one grab can mean death.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
I can concede to that, except that a grab from sheik doesn't always mean death

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I can concede to that, except that a grab from sheik doesn't always mean death
It means either death or enough percent that you'll be dead in the next couple of hits after the grab:
Pikachu is similar.

I can regrab the DI away at like 0-5 or whatever but the whole slight DI thing is really trippy after like 20 if they have good jump timing and I don't really practice it so I don't have the awesome super **** CG skills. So I just U-tilt or whatever into a big combo if they DI that way. And it's always seemed about equally effective anyway. Since the CG only really works to like 50 or 60 on Pikachu anyway I like the combo more since it often does more damage amazingly lolol.

Even then it's not like Pikachu can keep pace with 40-50% throw combos plus Sheik's ridiculous KO power. Learn to U-smash the slight DI at like 70 and Pikachu becomes incredibly fluffy.

Top Bottom