• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mink always loves me because I'm ****in awesome.

Also, Taskmaster da bess choice. Only other one might have been dormammu, but Taskmaster too godlike.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
GDX on that real talk ish.

@Taylor both of them are legit, they are based on wins/losses just like any other PR is. If you had a problem with there not being a PR after Apex you could've assembled a group to do it, it isn't like there is a secret PR Panel meeting or anything, they just decide to do it.

The PR you say counts that me and Jeff were on doesn't count at all. I've been over this already. If we didn't know about it, didn't get to experience it then it didn't count.

I'm really trying to understand why it is SOOOOO difficult for the "panelist" to just combine the 10 months and make it the official PR?

Answer me. Why? Why is it so difficult for you guys to be fair? And why must you guys go out of your way to act offensive like that? I REALLY don't see any point in being unfair and offensive. Like what's the point? Maybe someone (not awal cause he doesn't read) can explain it to me.

I'M just trying to do the right thing and people are getting mad and hating me for it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I think you've been pretty negative lately.
But yes, i love you.
I'm on top of the world. I just don't have a car so I tend to say more than I need to. Even so, nothing I said in this thread was said negatively. I think the PR could use an overhaul. Even Reflex said the same thing I said, saying there's really no need to use data from over 3/4 months ago.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

The PR you say counts that me and Jeff were on doesn't count at all. I've been over this already. If we didn't know about it, didn't get to experience it then it didn't count.

I'm really trying to understand why it is SOOOOO difficult for the "panelist" to just combine the 10 months and make it the official PR?

Answer me. Why? Why is it so difficult for you guys to be fair? And why must you guys go out of your way to act offensive like that? I REALLY don't see any point in being unfair and offensive. Like what's the point? Maybe someone (not awal cause he doesn't read) can explain it to me.

I'M just trying to do the right thing and people are getting mad and hating me for it.
If the majority of people dont like it, maybe it's not the right thing.

And you can't insult the panelists and then expect them to things for you. No respect given = No respect back. Equivalent Exchange :fma:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If the majority of people dont like it, maybe it's not the right thing.

And you can't insult the panelists and then expect them to things for you. No respect given = No respect back. Equivalent Exchange :fma:

Most the people I see DO NOT like the PR and I've only heard problems about it.

I insulted you guys because you insulted me first. Treat others the way you'd wanna be treated right? You treat me bad so I can only assume you wanna be treated like that.

gallax

Smash Hero
I just think its funny when a member on the PR, who's also a panelists, tells you how much better you are at the game then they are and still ranks themselves higher than you.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Combining the 10 months together wouldn't solve much. The intent between the 2 PR setup is genuine and the panel did think it was fair. However, that brought this mess that we have now. Since both options are not great solutions, the most fair and least unbiased way to settle this would have been to start fresh. However, the panel is adamant that they won't go that route. Not much anyone could do now. Like Jeff said, just let it rock. People know where they stand anyway. Eric is still better than all of us and we have to hold that and just get better.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Combining the 10 months together wouldn't solve much. The intent between the 2 PR setup is genuine and the panel did think it was fair. However, that brought this mess that we have now. Since both options are not great solutions, the most fair and least unbiased way to settle this would have been to start fresh. However, the panel is adamant that they won't go that route. Not much anyone could do now. Like Jeff said, just let it rock. People know where they stand anyway. Eric is still better than all of us and we have to hold that and just get better.

They thought wrong. I also remember saying so many times "I'm not trying to be mean or insult anyone, sorry if I did" in the very beginning. Then I got attacked. I think about everyone's situation when I think about fairness. They only 2 options we have is either combine the 10 months together to make a legit PR and also I would stop arguing it which I'm sure everyone would like.

Or we just start fresh from the musician PR and do it that way. If that is what your saying which I think it is.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
No Dtorr is saying to only take into consideration the last 3-4 months. Like forget about what happened before APEX because it's so far back. Kind of like they did with the 4 year melee gap or w.e.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
No Dtorr is saying to only take into consideration the last 3-4 months. Like forget about what happened before APEX because it's so far back. Kind of like they did with the 4 year melee gap or w.e.

That would be unfair to me and others that did good back then. That solution doesn't work.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
That is the solution you were agreeing with when you were agreeing with dtorr though.

Yes, because I thought he meant what I said in my post about 2 posts ago. I was arguing against keeping the second PR as the legit one this entire time so you should know I didn't want it that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I want us to find a solution that is fair to everyone. Combining all 10 months seems the only fair way to me.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
The people on the panel will discuss stuff we'll go over everything and we'll put explanations in our OP. That we can do.

If you still don't like it or think it's unfair then just .....

Xaltis

Smash Hero

If it is fair, and I am not on the PR. Then that's fine. Remember when you first told me on aim I wasn't on? I was okay with it. Then saw what was going on and found out it wasn't fair on the 4th page of this thread. Just make it fair and if I'm somehow not on with my win records then oh well. I'll get on next time. I just don't like people getting screwed over.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Here's the problem with 10 months... (just requoting what Reflex posted earlier)

....a PR tends to reflect the most recent few months' worth of time. There's no reason to include old information in a current PR because it isn't nearly as relevant.
To add on to that, so many things can happen during that 10 month period that it's hard to fairly gauge people between that length of time. People improve, people get worse, people start beating people they never beat before, people start losing to everyone, etc. I could go on but basically that's the main issue with that and because of that, there will be miscalculations.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Here's the problem with 10 months... (just requoting what Reflex posted earlier)

To add on to that, so many things can happen during that 10 month period that it's hard to fairly gauge people between that length of time. People improve, people get worse, people start beating people they never beat before, people start losing to everyone, etc. I could go on but basically that's the main issue with that and because of that, there will be miscalculations.

Yea, but you know it's not fair to not count the other months that should have already been a PR, and not making them a PR that we've been on for 0 days weeks months. Us not getting to experience being on is unfair. If it was already a PR normally and this was the situation, I'd be fine with it.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

Yea, but you know it's not fair to not count the other months that should have already been a PR, and not making them a PR that we've been on for 0 days weeks months. Us not getting to experience being on is unfair. If it was already a PR normally and this was the situation, I'd be fine with it.

.... what

What don't you get about the "it's a marker in time, not a throne" do you not understand about the PR?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I can't really comment on whether it's fair or not but I'll say this. As a competitor, I'm not worried about the fairness of being on a small list of people. I'm only worried about winning.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I can't really comment on whether it's fair or not but I'll say this. As a competitor, I'm not worried about the fairness of being on a small list of people. I'm only worried about winning.

Eh... I'm not sure how I feel right now either. I mean Mink has a point, but I also have a point. I might be just willing to go with some honorable mentions or something to go with this PR...

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I want things to be fair. I feel like the people on the previous PR got screwed over, but you have a point on the time span. It's confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom