• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Ok... Give me CONCRETE reasons as 2 WHY you feel like your screwed out of the PR?:sonic:

Let's see...

winning record against HRNUT, Ryo and a win against ESAM even though he has a winning record over me.

And no don't say you counted it for the pre apex PR because that PR never happened. Nobody knew they were on it or got to experience tourneys as a PR member. If I knew I was 6th I actually would have went to more tourneys.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I agree w/your first point. However, many ppl find it gratifying to see evidence of their improvement.

Personally, my motivation simply comes from wanting to get better and seeing the fruits of my labor. But i also don't think having this pr so there's no gap is an awful idea worth this much of an issue. We should just work hard to keep up w/results so no problems come up again.
Not gonna argue against this because this is an opinion.

I do like what you wrote in terms of the motivation part. As another person who likes competition, I understand this very well. I however don't need any visual footage to let me know where I am. That is just me though.

As for your second point i don't see how you could do that w/o making it extremely complicated w/o some pre-existing notion of skill levels.
This is what I really want to get at.

First, you don't need a pre-existing whatever of anything. All you need is the results of the tourneys in the period. I'll continue on with the Melee PR. HBox won the majority of the tourneys if not all not completely sure. That makes HBox the best player in that period of time. Colbol usually placed behind him. Plup was kind of a wildcard between the two because he was able to take sets of both but they came out on top over him more than vice versa. With that Plup is third.

I just easily broke down just the top 3, not using any prior history or anything. I don't have the time to look at every single notion but if I did I could break down 4-10 as well. I don't see how you think this is complicated at all other than you just making it that way. It's just simple math to be honest (not really math but in lack of a better phrase).

By establishing these 2 prs we gave the data a voice to help things along. Imo that's the only reason to of broken it up into 2 separate ones. I disagreed with it at first but ended up giving my ok as well,like the others, thinking it a non-issue tbh.
So you're aware that Jeff and Taylor got shafted by the system, are you not? You really don't see the problem there?

Edit: Case in point?

And no don't say you counted it for the pre apex PR because that PR never happened. Nobody knew they were on it or got to experience tourneys as a PR member. If I knew I was 6th I actually would have went to more tourneys.
I think so.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Let's see...

winning record against HRNUT, Ryo and a win against ESAM even though he has a winning record over me.

Dude you dont have ANY wins over HrNut this season. When did you beat RYO and HrNut? ESAM has a winning record over you(Ever tho you do get credit 4 beating him @ least once cuz thats a feat on its own.) & regardless of IF you knew you were on the PR or not you should have been working your *** off going to tourneys.

Viper went to more tourneys than you. He had more tourney wins and losses than you. PLus the percentage of ad losses and the fact that SFL is so damn stacked I'm certain he would play the same as you. Hell even if we combined both PRs you have some REALLY ugly losses bro. Unfortunately you didnt even travel much. U went to like what... 3 or 4 tourneys and ONLY beat 3 PPL worth mentioning according to the SFL rep?

You want to be on the PR??? Do this

1.) GO to tourneys
2.) DONT lose
3.) Realize how ****ING simple that is

:sonic:

Its NOT that hard...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Dude you dont have ANY wins over HrNut this season. When did you beat RYO and HrNut? ESAM has a winning record over you(Ever tho you do get credit 4 beating him @ least once cuz thats a feat on its own.) & regardless of IF you knew you were on the PR or not you should have been working your *** off going to tourneys.

Viper went to more tourneys than you. He had more tourney wins and losses than you. PLus the percentage of ad losses and the fact that SFL is so damn stacked I'm certain he would play the same as you. Hell even if we combined both PRs you have some REALLY ugly losses bro.

You want to be on the PR??? Do this

1.) GO to tourneys
2.) DONT lose
3.) Realize how ****ING simple that is

Its NOT that hard...

Wow you really are an idiot. I did do that. I have no losses to randoms. 2 winning records and a win over ESAM. If you knew how to do your job you'd see that for yourself. But no you don't know how to be a panelist. You're just a drunk person reading what you wanna see and typing stupid things.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I mentioned this SEVERAL TIMES... WE could ONLY get the data that we could FIND. You MIGHT have done better than I thought but guess what??? I dont see the results anywhere.

Also... I think you should have been on the PR. You just didnt have the results from what I saw.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
DUde... I can't wait til I see you in person and I say this same stuff. Which knowing our luck probably wont happen bcuz we both were @ CEO last yr and thats it.

YOU STILL HAVENT POSTED ANY TOURNAMENT RESULTS

BTW any1 who feels like I'm being 2 faced I'm mainly upset that so many ppl are being dumb about this PR.

my aggravation is prob gonna just stay in this thread. SO yeah... PLEASE... post your ****ING results and give us CONCRETE results showing why you should be better than someone else. Because we DONT have easily accessable results anyways.

MVD

Smash Master
DUde... I can't wait til I see you in person and I say this same stuff. Which knowing our luck probably wont happen bcuz we both were @ CEO last yr and thats it.

YOU STILL HAVENT POSTED ANY TOURNAMENT RESULTS

BTW any1 who feels like I'm being 2 faced I'm mainly upset that so many ppl are being dumb about this PR.

& Also... Feel free to call me out if you think I'm being rude on the boards in person. Then we can have 1.) a fist fight and move on 2.)Talk about it. or 3.)have a drinking contest and the loser has to pay. EIther way I dont give a **** its up 2 you. I aint no phony and I stand 100% behind everything I say and do.

my aggravation is prob gonna just stay in this thread. SO yeah... PLEASE... post your ****ING results and give us CONCRETE results showing why you should be better than someone else. Because we DONT have easily accessable results anyways.
Look at the records and it days seibrik does NOT have a winning record on riddle, and I never said I would beat hrnut due to him being better at the MU...

:phone:

Just want to say that most of the people arguing to be on this list or arguing about their placement belong on a long list of names that on any given day could be beaten by by one of the others on that list. There are maybe 4-6 players that stand above and beyond the rest as the best our state can offer in competition. You should know who those players are and if you aren't one of them you should stop your *****ing about who belongs where and go practice to move yourself to that level if you actually care about who is better instead of losing sleep over this **** measuring contest.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so yea. i reported everyone who said, "idiot, dumb, moron, stupid, florida, xaltis, wins, losses, winning."

i was bored so i did that for like 30 min...anyway ttyl fl suckerssssss

edit:
reported as excessive harrassment/spam/rude/fighting

M@v

Subarashii!
Good **** everyone.

CFL Repping this list hard.

P.S. Damn guys easy on the hate >_____>

This is reminding me of the PA prs :3. It ain't healthy for ya

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm mad after all the conversation between Xaltis/GDX about Cammy, GDX ISN'T ****ING CAMMY!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Look at the records and it days seibrik does NOT have a winning record on riddle, and I never said I would beat hrnut due to him being better at the MU...

Dude... jus go 2 Sktar and wreck 4 me. K? U or Seibrik make top 5/6 n ill get u a 25$ bottle if I make it 2 whobo or any tourney we r @.

And BASED OFF OF THE RESULTS THAT WE FOUND. This is why I. Thought Brik had a winning record over riddle.(I think its 2-1)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
A_wal I'm truely disappoint at your speaking...you sounded so much more normal on Skype xD

Also, dtorr if we had started fresh like didn't count the pre pr xaltis wouldn't have been on it just because it would count for the last 3months in which he didn't do much :/ all the good wins are the ones we took into account for before apex so if we started fresh let's say after apex his good wins go away anyway. Was that what you meant by starting fresh like not having a pre apex pr and just having one for after apex? Sorry I just wanna know so I don't spew out things that don't even matter ^^,

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It was already done.
The reason as to why 2D-Jeff is not on is cuz he has 2 many random losses.

The reason why Xaltis and Red Halberd were not on was because basically they were not in enough RECORDED tournaments.

We all kno that Red & Xaltis r PR worthy they just don't have results 2 back them up.

Gallax... u didn't attend enough RECORDED tourneys.

Every1 else... we did our best 2 compile data with all the tournament results that were posted.

So every1... plz... if u have an issue with the pr n you want a change please post results of as many tourneys that you can and SHOW us results. Bcuz the main issue with this PR is that we don't know about merely ANY PR MMs. & some of you feel like "WTF IS GOIN ON"

Real talk all of us minus ESAM, Riddle, Seibrik, MVD, Redhal, Shaky, HrNut, GDX, Gmoney & RYO are mid 2 low high lvl players. There is a LARGE gap in skill between US & THEM.

Xaltis... I saw that you lost 2 Puma @ 1 tourney pre apex I think. WHY THE **** did YOU LOSE 2 PUMA??? Btw I STILL can't wait to talk **** 2 u in person. Idek what imma say. But imma jus get in ur face and ask u what u wanna do. Cuz u tryina call me out right now bruh. So either we can dance or shake hands in person. Ur choice.

2D-Jeff - u r the biggest headache 4 post apex bcuz u have stupid losses that made me wanna pull my hair out. On a personal lvl I wanted you on the PR. But then ur results made me punch a. ****in wall.

Loli - I Raged Drunk and then more recently sober. I'm still nice but with all the stupid comments I got pissed. Ppl are not realizing that whatever results we got we picked top 10 with. We didn't jus pick our favorites. We didn't mix n match. We didn't draw straws. We all took time out of our busy lives 2 help create something great and instead of SIMPLY SUPPLYING RESULTS LIKE I HAVE BEEN ASKING SINCE THE OLD THREAD. Ppl jus wanna talk about a few big wins n losses and call it a day like that's all we need 2 make a PR in the 1st place.

Ed! NEVER trust the blue drink!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The OP is not clear on who the panelist(s) is/are.

There are a lot of dissenting opinions. If I don't get a clear and acceptable answer about the legitimacy of this PR soon, I'm moving it to the Gentlemen's Club.

Either way, this has generated to flaming and spam. Calm down.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Double post 4 truth

B4 we got started I thought top 10 would be easy. It wudda been some **** like

0-ESAM
1-NickRiddle
2/3 - RYO/HrNut
4/5 - Seibrik/MVD
6-10 - Jeff, Kyon, Xaltis, Mampam, Gdx, Shaky

Turns out that results that we saw made things seem different.

@Reflex - I would post all the results but I don't have a computer handy. So once I get 2 a computer or some other PR does *cough* Loli *cough* :p we shall post them. Otherwise ppl need 2 post concrete results 2 combat this PR.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just got an explanation. I'm going to let this thread stay here. Quit personally attacking each other, and keep things on-topic. There's a social thread for non-PR discussion. I highly recommend putting a list of the panelists in the OP.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Just got an explanation. I'm going to let this thread stay here. Quit personally attacking each other, and keep things on-topic. There's a social thread for non-PR discussion. I highly recommend putting a list of the panelists in the OP.
Don't tell me what to do.

Bawal you suck.
Taylor you're stupid.
Dfear you're gay (nothing wrong with it).
And esam well, you're just plain cute.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@awal i went :random: every tournement because i didnt know i had something to play for. thats the ****ed up part about it. no on knew. If the 2 seasons were combined i would have tied with people i lost to except for 2 people. also i dont mind me not being on it but please put All my **** right if your going to ****ing put my **** up after i asked not to
@albert lol at that vid but im still like "o damn you lost to viper? ROFL"

And gdx def should be Makoto or viper

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Don't tell me what to do.

Bawal you suck.
Taylor you're stupid.
Dfear you're gay (nothing wrong with it).
And esam well, you're just plain cute.

This post was just too good.

YEAHUH MY BOY ViPER GOT HIS SPOT !! Finally !!! YEAHUH UH UH UH UH There's dat Ft. Myers comeuppance, I remember when you SoFla *****es used to be like "Dude you lost to Viper? OUCH" BUT NOW IT'S LIKE I lose to just another PR player. YEAHUH. Viper! Viper! Viper !

Evidence of Viper's amazingness

Whoa I haven't seen you in forever.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Jeff : You're right in regards to if we had combined the 2 seasons because the first one you were ****ing amazing. As a whole we decided it'd be fine to separate the seasons but I understand that it's a little ****ed up since you literally were PR for 0 seconds 0 minutes and 0 days like dtorr said xD I apologize for that ~

Xaltis

Smash Hero

So...what do we do about getting a complete new panelist team or getting rid of the PR all together? Do I make a thread about it or what?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Talk about it here if you want, so long as it doesn't devolve into namecalling and spam. I don't think there's any need to make another thread about it, but if you feel it's necessary, put it in the Gentleman's Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom