• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Off brand gamecube controller

Marble^v^

Smash Rookie
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew if the off brand controllers will align with official controller insides. Thanks.

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
Don't. Just don't. Get a first party controller and enjoy your life.

Marble^v^

Smash Rookie
Don't. Just don't. Get a first party controller and enjoy your life.
yeah i have a first party one i was just wondering if the case of 3rd parties aligned with the insides of a first party.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
yeah i have a first party one i was just wondering if the case of 3rd parties aligned with the insides of a first party.
It depends on what you plan on buying. If it's obviously got a weird shape then the insides of a 1st party won't fit, but something more generic might

Pauer

The Pauerful
@OP see my respone here.
If you want to use the shells to get nice colored controllers on the cheap, I would recommend looking at how to paint controllers with spray paint, which can be quite cheap as well. There are also lots of good resources out there in that regard. I could share a few links on the topic if you want.

It will be banned in tournament anyways. Don't even bother
No, it won't. It would just be a cosmetic change. Maybe you think it shouldn't be legal but I don't think any TO would mind.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
@OP see my respone here.
If you want to use the shells to get nice colored controllers on the cheap, I would recommend looking at how to paint controllers with spray paint, which can be quite cheap as well. There are also lots of good resources out there in that regard. I could share a few links on the topic if you want.

No, it won't. It would just be a cosmetic change. Maybe you think it shouldn't be legal but I don't think any TO would mind.
Unless of course it has turbo functions or some type of Macro system etc

Top Bottom