• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Of the 1st Party Franchises That Only Have 1 Rep, Which One Do You WANT to Have a 2nd Rep the Most?

Of the 1st Party Franchises That Only Have 1 Rep, Which One Do You Want to Have a 2nd Rep the Most?

• Total voters

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Inspired by a GameFaqs poll, but with a bit more clarity on the terms starting out.

I think this poll is self-explanatory, however you vote for what you want to have a second rep. The franchises' likelihood or whether or not they deserve (*vomits profusely*) to have one should not be a consideration. This is merely based on your wishes and nothing more.

Obviously I only chose the 1st Party franchises. I would've added 3rd Party but they're kinda... weird when it comes to representation.

Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, R.O.B. and Wii Fit have reps that ARE the franchises themselves so I excluded them.

The Miis don't exist, but I think you're already way ahead of me on that.

And if any of you know me and my posts, you know I consider Yoshi and Wario separate from Mario. Go along with it...

Anyways, cast your votes.

Edit: Oh, something I forgot to mention. This is going by the assumption that Ice Climbers won't be returning. Sorry about that

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Zero from Mega Man would be cool, and there are plenty of good options from Final Fantasy. I haven't played the Xenoblade sequels yet, but there's probably someone from there I'd like.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me, it's F-Zero. Yoshi and Wario are good alternatives, though.

But I've been wanting Samurai Goroh for a while now. Kamek and Ashley/Captain Syrup would be great options, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pikmin, only because I kinda want to see Alph as his own character. Otherwise I'd choose AC.

I swear Miis used to exist. Am I too old?

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
Honestly seeing that poll I think all of those options are fine the way they are with one rep, the only exception maybe being Xenoblade with the possibility of a rep from the new game, but I don't know enough about Xenoblade to make a good call on that

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Honestly seeing that poll I think all of those options are fine the way they are with one rep, the only exception maybe being Xenoblade with the possibility of a rep from the new game, but I don't know enough about Xenoblade to make a good call on that
Understandable, but just so you know this is a poll of which one you want to have a second rep. It's not about whether or not they deserve a spot. If you really want, say Isabelle for Animal Crossing (I'm not trying to influence your vote by the way, I'm just giving an example), then you put down Animal Crossing. But if you feel like not voting, that's fine too.

SuperPhil64

Smash Rookie
I'd love for them to add Black Shadow from F-Zero and giving him Ganondorf's move-set. I agree with people Ganondorf deserves an original move set but I also love how he plays. Doing that would allow the general character move set to exist within smash while allowing for Ganon to have a new set of moves. Plus it would make the most sense for an F-Zero character to play like Captain Falcon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Xenoblade seems the most likely. But out of these, I would say Wario. Because the cast is just huge and diverse, and I have a hard time imagining anything else being more fitting or fun.

F-Zero has had it's chances.
Pikmin will have a clone or semi-clone if there's a new addition.
Punch-Out I know nearly nothing about... Guess King Hippo would be cool but I don't think the franchise deserves a newcomer
Animal Crossing is fine with one character, but I guess a newcomer would make sense here
And then Yoshi... Who I wish had anything to really work with. Yarn Yoshi is a possibility, but outside of that nothing makes sense.

So therefore Wario. Out of personal bias.

But am really opening up to the possibilities of Elma and Rex, as either seems extremely likely.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon from F-Zero is most deserving. I consider Wario and Yoshi to be Mario characters. Yoshi first appeared in Super Mario World and Wario made his first appearance in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins. These are Mario titles. We don't need anymore Mario characters. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the series. Everyone else can wait their turn. Introduce Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Captain Falcon from F-Zero is most deserving. I consider Wario and Yoshi to be Mario characters. Yoshi first appeared in Super Mario World and Wario made his first appearance in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins. These are Mario titles. We don't need anymore Mario characters. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the series. Everyone else can wait their turn. Introduce Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.
Just so that we have a second F-Zero character? That kinda cast calculus doesn't exactly work in Smash.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Is Birdo within the Yoshi games franchise?
Would she fit within the Yoshi franchise?
Maybe she could be playable?

Also, would love to see Waluigi in a Wario Ware of Fire Emblem style.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Birdo is pretty much a Mario character, as is Waluigi. They're only associated with the other characters mentioned as partners in some spin-offs, but not actually a part of their franchises proper. It's kind of an odd thing in that regard.

I think Birdo may have made a Yoshi-series appearance, but don't quote me on that. Waluigi had a tiny cameo in WarioWare at best, but that's it.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Xenoblade will probably get it, also is what I hope for since I mainly use sword fighters for the most part and this is the franchise that would have the best shot to add another. It was a tough decision though since I enjoy and think Animal Crossing is more deserving but I do not see it working out as well.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Xenoblade definitely. Smash needs some XCX representation (especially when it's probably becoming a full on subseries in the future), and Elma is awesome so

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Voted f-zero.

I personally desire a character like black shadow, because like one or a few others, I too have affection for the slowly yet surely decloned ganon moveset passed on to black shadow. This directly allows ganon to be actually fresh and new from the get go, while black shadow can adopt differences and light changes like unique specials in his moveset.

However, I subjectively would prefer someone like Phoenix. GX is too beautiful of a game to me even today and I get excited about the thought of that guy in smash. Although, samurai goroh or perhaps blood falcon clone make more sense.

BONUS: I adore yoshi as a character and would basically accept yarn yoshi. Xenoblade chronicles 2 is so fun for me because of a select few characters, like zeke. If I wanted one to get in, it'd surely be the bringer of chaos hands down. Rex/pyra/mythra makes more sense though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please Xenoblade. I really want Rex and Pyra. Please please please. Give me all the Xenoblade 2 content.

Please please please

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Voted for Punch-Out. I lowkey really want King Hippo to be playable, but I know it's very unlikely to happen.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Animal Crossing for me. Having one of Nintendo's biggest franchises sit at only one character is a little odd.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
What about Miis and Wii Fit Trainer?
All of the characters in the Wii series are Miis (unless you want to pick a really obscure choice like Sebastian Tute and Party Phil) and Wii Fit Trainer is the only "character" from Wii Fit. (except for the Balance Board. Again, a strange choice)

Meanwhile, Animal Crossing still has a plethora of characters to choose from. Practically the only things Villager uses are tool and plant-related attacks. There are several areas in that series that they can pull from.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I swear Miis used to exist. Am I too old?
What about Miis and Wii Fit Trainer?
I mean, technically Miis got three reps what with Mii Brawler, Swordman, and Gunner. A fourth if you want to count Wii Fit Trainer (I kinda group them together even if they aren't necessarily done icon wise. I personally don't think they include the Wii Fit Trainer without the Miis even though the trainer was revealed first. You can ignore the trainer completely if you never go to the yoga/strength training sections but you'll always have the Miis in Wii Fit)

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I voted Wario, largely because I think we could do with some actual Wario Land representation. Yay Captain Syrup. But the alternative of Ashley or Mona is also great, so it's win win for me really.

Other than that I do also really want a second AC rep and very much expect a second XB rep. But I've yet to actually play any XB games, so while they are very deserving, they don't grab me in the same way (at least yet). In fact Elma is probably more deserving than most of my picks, let's be real.

I'd much rather see a new series represented altogether (say Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, etc) before seeing a second character representing a dead franchise. Really though, at the end of the day I'd be fine with any of them I think.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd love to finally get Samurai Goroh. Ever since Melee's intro blue-balled me, I've wanted him to get his chance for real.

Am also digging the idea of Rex+Pyra for Xenoblade and also Mona for WarioWare. Ashley is also (probably more) possible but I've always liked Mona more.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'd love for them to add Black Shadow from F-Zero and giving him Ganondorf's move-set. I agree with people Ganondorf deserves an original move set but I also love how he plays. Doing that would allow the general character move set to exist within smash while allowing for Ganon to have a new set of moves. Plus it would make the most sense for an F-Zero character to play like Captain Falcon.
I'd go with Deathborn instead. He occupies basically the same role as Black Shadow in the franchise and has a much more awesome look.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd go with Deathborn instead. He occupies basically the same role as Black Shadow in the franchise and has a much more awesome look.
Are you telling me Devil Batman isn't *awesome*?

I always thought he'd be a perfect character to inherit Ganon's current moveset, but that's always sort of been a pipe dream.

Was Deathborn in X? I can't remember. I know he was in GX.

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know why did you put Wario in there since it is from the same franchise as Mario but I'm going to vote for him so we can have Waluigi with it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean yes but it is kind of weird to treat them like a separate franchise.
It's not that weird when you consider that Smash gives them different franchise symbols. That's kind of the point. It's following the official Smash design.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know why did you put Wario in there since it is from the same franchise as Mario but I'm going to vote for him so we can have Waluigi with it.
In this context, "Wario" refers to the WarioWare series. Waluigi technically isn't associated with the Wario franchise, but characters such as Mona, Ashley, or any Wario land rep are.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I guess Yoshi for Kamek but at best that's an "I suppose he'd be cool". Nothing from any of these franchises would be particularly hype for me.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Xenoblade seems the most likely. But out of these, I would say Wario. Because the cast is just huge and diverse, and I have a hard time imagining anything else being more fitting or fun.

F-Zero has had it's chances.
Pikmin will have a clone or semi-clone if there's a new addition.
Punch-Out I know nearly nothing about... Guess King Hippo would be cool but I don't think the franchise deserves a newcomer
Animal Crossing is fine with one character, but I guess a newcomer would make sense here
And then Yoshi... Who I wish had anything to really work with. Yarn Yoshi is a possibility, but outside of that nothing makes sense.

So therefore Wario. Out of personal bias.

But am really opening up to the possibilities of Elma and Rex, as either seems extremely likely.

I guess Yoshi for Kamek but at best that's an "I suppose he'd be cool". Nothing from any of these franchises would be particularly hype for me.
I'm just gonna remind the people I have quoted that there's a poll at the top to cast your vote and currently none of you have done so far...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wario not only have a spinoff franchise, he actually have 2 completely separate spinoff franchises as similar between those two as Donkey kong country and mario kart. (totally different)

Ironically, Waluigi isnt part of any of them, not even a cameo.

In fact both of those franchises worlds are as distinctive and unique as Donkey Kong Country, (While Yoshi's still keep some of the in universe mario stuff)

That being said, i would love another Wario ware rep. those characters are very fun and quirky. Personally i would also love Mona, but either Mona, Ashley or Jimmy T. would be golden.

Top Bottom