• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Of all the deconfirmed characters, whose fanbases have suffered the most in waiting for their character's first appearance in Smash?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not that I'm particularly a fan of Krystal being included, but she has more recent relevancy than K. Rool. She appeared in Adventures, Command and Assault as a prominent character; Zero is the only game in the series, other than the 3DS remake, to not star her since she first appeared.

K. Rool is more prominent in the DK franchise because he was the big bad, being to DK what Bowser is to Mario, but Krystal has actually had three main game appearances since the last time K. Rool appeared in a DK game.
Fake news.

In Rare’s absence, King K.Rool has had 2 major villain roles in DK King of Swing and DK Jungle Climber (the game he got his looks from in Smash) and a extra playable role in DK Barrel Blast. K.Rool was also made playable for the first time in King of Swing, seond I’m Barrel Blast. Yes his last role was in Mario Super Sluggers, but even that counts as one appearance more than Krystal. Besides, you forgot that SF64 was also on 3DS.

Overall, there was way more reason to expect K.Rool over Krystal (not that I don’t like her cause I do) especially since Wolf was absent and most Star Fox fans focusing on getting him back first.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fake news.

In Rare’s absence, King K.Rool has had 2 major villain roles in DK King of Swing and DK Jungle Climber (the game he got his looks from in Smash) and a extra playable role in DK Barrel Blast. K.Rool was also made playable for the first time in King of Swing, seond I’m Barrel Blast. Yes his last role was in Mario Super Sluggers, but even that counts as one appearance more than Krystal. Besides, you forgot that SF64 was also on 3DS.

Overall, there was way more reason to expect K.Rool over Krystal (not that I don’t like her cause I do) especially since Wolf was absent and most Star Fox fans focusing on getting him back first.
First, I wasn't aware of his appearance in Jungle Climber, or the fact that Jungle Climber was a game. You're absolutely right.

Second, I did mention the 3DS remake. But even so, it hardly counts as a lack of appearance since it is, in fact, a remake. And Zero is a reboot. Neither should involve Krystal. It would be like faulting Robin for not being in another Batman origin story.

Third, I'd honestly recommend removing "fake news" from your vocabulary unless you're trying to say it in jest.

Relevancy is hardly much of a blackmark especially with Smash Ultimate. You can cite AW's popularity not being as substantial as the heavy hitters of the Ballot but it still has a robust backing especially for a series that's been out for so long. I also believe Andy getting in to Smash Ultimate would be more so for the 30th anniversary of Famicom Wars than him being high up on the Ballot.

As for the moveset potential, that's not a tough task to do. Andy has a ready made moveset for him with all the different units from Advance Wars. And then he has unique wrench attacks to use similar to how Falcon fights despite never being shown doing that.
To be clear, I said that without a significant fan push, like what Ridley and K. Rool received, the lack of relevancy is what hurts Advance Wars's chances. Not that it can't possibly make it in because of the lack of recent relevancy. I love Advance Wars, and beat Days of Ruin for the second time just this winter. But you can't tell me there is a large and loud portion of the community making their desire for Andy known in the same vein as K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac or even Waluigi. It hurts his chances significantly in combination with the lack of a new Wars game announced anytime this decade.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gotta agree on the fact that Toad fans have suffered most. It's one thing to simply not have your most wanted be playable, it's another thing to have them be used as a glorified meat shield for 17 years with seemingly no end in sight.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
First, I wasn't aware of his appearance in Jungle Climber, or the fact that Jungle Climber was a game. You're absolutely right.

Second, I did mention the 3DS remake. But even so, it hardly counts as a lack of appearance since it is, in fact, a remake. And Zero is a reboot. Neither should involve Krystal. It would be like faulting Robin for not being in another Batman origin story.

Third, I'd honestly recommend removing "fake news" from your vocabulary unless you're trying to say it in jest.

To be clear, I said that without a significant fan push, like what Ridley and K. Rool received, the lack of relevancy is what hurts Advance Wars's chances. Not that it can't possibly make it in because of the lack of recent relevancy. I love Advance Wars, and beat Days of Ruin for the second time just this winter. But you can't tell me there is a large and loud portion of the community making their desire for Andy known in the same vein as K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac or even Waluigi. It hurts his chances significantly in combination with the lack of a new Wars game announced anytime this decade.
Well, there's no doubt about that.

I'm just saying even if Andy did moderately well on the Ballot combined with his franchise's 30th anniversary he could in theory have a chance for this game. Not nearly as likely as say Isaac but a chance at that.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Before Ultimate, King K. Rools Mii costume in 4 was the biggest kick in the groin

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Not deconfirmed, but Pichu fans have it harder than most, their character was created as a joke character in a game in which it was terrible, then got shut out for two games while nearly every smasher under the sun berated the character and proclaimed it would never return. Some people actually liked Pichu and played it in Melee, then got to watch as it went away for 17 years and everyone basically spit on the character and those who supported it, chalking it up to just a pipe dream.

I mean, at least many of the deconfirmed bunch are taken seriously and actually mourned by the community, or at least receive sympathy. Pichu pretty much never got that. Happy ending for the few supporters who stuck it out though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom