• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Of all of the city or Town stages, which would you rather be a resident of?

SpaceCrystal

Smash Cadet
Here are the choices:

Pokémon:
  1. Saffron City (Pokémon Red & Blue)
  2. Prism Tower (Pokémon X & Y)
  3. Some other town or city (Please Name)
Earthbound/Mother:
  1. Onett (Earthbound)
  2. Fourside (Earthbound)
  3. New Pork City (Mother 3)
Mario:
  1. Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)
  2. New Donk City (Super Mario Odyssey)
  3. Somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom
Zelda:
  1. Great Bay (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
  2. Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  3. Some town in Hyrule (such as from Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild)
Animal Crossing:
  1. Smashville (Animal Crossing)
  2. Town & City (Animal Crossing: City Folk)
Kid Icarus:
  1. Skyworld (Kid Icarus)
  2. Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Fire Emblem:
  1. Garreg Mack Monastery (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  2. Another town or city (Please Name)
Wrecking Crew:
  • Wrecking Crew (you can see the city during both Battlefield & Omega mode)
Splatoon:
  • Moray Towers
Street Fighter II:
  • Somewhere around Suzaku Castle
Final Fantasy VII:
  • Midgar
Wii Sports Resort:
  • Wuhu Island

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll go with new donk city because when you think about it most of these cities are fully explorable in game and are thus ridiculously small and without the basic amenities. NDC has other areas in the background in mario odyssey so I think if I can get over the gigantic pit in the middle of the city it could be mostly bearable. Wouldn’t like living there, but bearable.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Giving it a bit of thought, I suppose it kind of depends on a few things. For example - I would probably say somewhere like Wuhu Island under a lot of circumstances, but questions need to be asked. Are there even shops in the town centre? I mean, I can't even access the town centre sometimes because some plumber, a squid-human hybrid and a weird elf are in karts there. The same thing sort of gets brought up with Delfino Plaza - I'm not sure I could survive forever from just the one fruit shop in the town.

I also wouldn't want to be somewhere where there'd be major danger to my wellbeing, so sadly, Skyworld, Skyloft, New Donk City to an extent (depending on whether I'm in the raised section or not), and potentially Great Bay given the risk of pirates, are off the table. Nor would I want to be in the abandoned Moray Towers, the corporate hellscapes that are New Pork City or Midgar, or any of the towns in Twilight Princess for various reasons.

Same pretty much applies to Breath of the Wild - the threat of ****ing Guardians tearing my house to shreds is enough to make me say no thanks, and the same applies to the Mushroom Kingdom given how often Bowser and the others take the place over and the potential threat of being turned into bricks by dark magic if the Super Mario Bros. manual is canon. Likewise, I'm not sure what the physical or mental effects of living inside my own mind in the form of Magicant would be like in the long term, so I'm not taking the chance.

Now, the various Pokémon locations could be interesting, but I'm allergic to fur and I'm not sure if I'd end up constantly having allergic reactions given the general state of forced harmony between humans and Pokémon in that world, with the same kind of applying to both of the Animal Crossing towns, even though they could be okay otherwise. I also wouldn't really want to be somewhere where I couldn't like order McDonalds or something so any Fire Emblem locations are off the table too.

It's difficult to really say with locations we don't see much of, but Wrecking Crew showcases that the city's demolition is handled in an incredibly unsafe manner which I wouldn't want to be anywhere near. Susaku Castle is interesting, because if we presume that it's based on Himeji Castle then we can reasonably argue it's in the Hyōgo Prefecture of Japan which is... okay I guess.

And of the options I have left:

Susaku Castle: Japan is cool and all, but not ideal to live in from a Westerner's standpoint. Doing things like getting a home and the like can be really difficult, and the hassle involved (as well as the language barrier) would make it difficult for me to really integrate.
Onett: Honestly, the small-town lifestyle is pretty appealing, there's no language barrier due to it presumably being in America... somewhere, and there are stores and a library and the like there which do mean I can acquire food and such. However, the police's constant tendency to shut down all of the roads in Onett whenever anything happens would get annoying fast.

So I guess Fourside? I mean I'm pretty comfortable where I am though, Britain's not so bad now I think about it. Wait why is the screen turning into a por-

SpaceCrystal

Smash Cadet
Magiciant's been erased, as it wouldn't make sense at all.

Wrecking Crew, you can see most of the city during both Battlefield & Omega modes. That's why I have that listed.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Giving it a bit of thought, I suppose it kind of depends on a few things. For example - I would probably say somewhere like Wuhu Island under a lot of circumstances, but questions need to be asked. Are there even shops in the town centre? I mean, I can't even access the town centre sometimes because some plumber, a squid-human hybrid and a weird elf are in karts there. The same thing sort of gets brought up with Delfino Plaza - I'm not sure I could survive forever from just the one fruit shop in the town.

I also wouldn't want to be somewhere where there'd be major danger to my wellbeing, so sadly, Skyworld, Skyloft, New Donk City to an extent (depending on whether I'm in the raised section or not), and potentially Great Bay given the risk of pirates, are off the table. Nor would I want to be in the abandoned Moray Towers, the corporate hellscapes that are New Pork City or Midgar, or any of the towns in Twilight Princess for various reasons.

Same pretty much applies to Breath of the Wild - the threat of ****ing Guardians tearing my house to shreds is enough to make me say no thanks, and the same applies to the Mushroom Kingdom given how often Bowser and the others take the place over and the potential threat of being turned into bricks by dark magic if the Super Mario Bros. manual is canon. Likewise, I'm not sure what the physical or mental effects of living inside my own mind in the form of Magicant would be like in the long term, so I'm not taking the chance.

Now, the various Pokémon locations could be interesting, but I'm allergic to fur and I'm not sure if I'd end up constantly having allergic reactions given the general state of forced harmony between humans and Pokémon in that world, with the same kind of applying to both of the Animal Crossing towns, even though they could be okay otherwise. I also wouldn't really want to be somewhere where I couldn't like order McDonalds or something so any Fire Emblem locations are off the table too.

It's difficult to really say with locations we don't see much of, but Wrecking Crew showcases that the city's demolition is handled in an incredibly unsafe manner which I wouldn't want to be anywhere near. Susaku Castle is interesting, because if we presume that it's based on Himeji Castle then we can reasonably argue it's in the Hyōgo Prefecture of Japan which is... okay I guess.

And of the options I have left:

Susaku Castle: Japan is cool and all, but not ideal to live in from a Westerner's standpoint. Doing things like getting a home and the like can be really difficult, and the hassle involved (as well as the language barrier) would make it difficult for me to really integrate.
Onett: Honestly, the small-town lifestyle is pretty appealing, there's no language barrier due to it presumably being in America... somewhere, and there are stores and a library and the like there which do mean I can acquire food and such. However, the police's constant tendency to shut down all of the roads in Onett whenever anything happens would get annoying fast.

So I guess Fourside? I mean I'm pretty comfortable where I am though, Britain's not so bad now I think about it. Wait why is the screen turning into a por-
You cant fall of Skyloft you would be saved by the Knights!
Also either Animal crossing towns or Maybe Popstar Its Pretty nice when its not under siege of Nightmare Demons!

Last edited:

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
¤

you would think i would i love being of lavender town.

which. ··curved hand down·· is alrite. haha.

but.

SMASHVILLE!

lol.

just a favorite stage of mine.

haha.

my cartoony personality would fit well with the odd residents. LFol!

··looking down on·· "hey how you doi

LFol!

¤

Last edited:
Top Bottom