• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd Roy Quirk

SomeRandomFalcon

Smash Rookie
So, a friend and I were playing random characters, and we ended up on Roy and Game &Watch. Since G&W is floaty, I figured I'd try to KO him with an upthrow, which lead to our discovering of something very odd: When under one of the side platforms on Battlefield, Roy can't upthrow G&W through the platform. Instead, G&W just lands on it like he missed a tech, and you can in fact tech the upthrow on the platform. After some slight testing, we also discovered this works on Yoshi's, Stadium, and the two weird side platforms on Brinstar. Not that this is anything game breaking, or important at all for that matter, but I am curious to know why this happens. Can anyone enlighten me?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
https://www.google.com/search?clien...pera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=roy+upthrow+platform

You can see some vids on youtube and even old threads on here talking about it. I used to call it the ROYalty combo - Up throw Peach, G&W, Pichu, Jiggs, etc and you can Jump Reverse Blazer KO them on Yoshi's and some other stages.

Has to do with port priority and character weight. Certain characters have this function with their down throw and floors also, can force tech chase using this glitch if they have higher port.

Masteroki

Smash Cadet
This is pretty interesting, i'd have to experiment and find some good followups

Top Bottom