The October Animal Crossing Direct came by and gave us a ton of new info about the future of Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
The first piece of news we got was that the November update releases on November 5th, 2021, and it’s the final free content update! Much like most people expected, the Roost and Brewster are confirmed to be part of the update. That’s far from everything though, for starters, Harv’s Island is getting a large overhaul. This overhaul comes with a customizable plaza and will feature shops owned by fan-favorite characters like Harriet, Kicks, Sahara and Katrina. The update also includes a lot of other things such as gyroids, island ordinances, and an upgrade to storage!
Here’s a full list of things added in the free November Update:
- Brewster and the Roost.
- Kapp’n’s boat tours.
- Harv’s Island overhaul.
- Option to do group stretching at your island plaza.
- Island ordinances, which let you enact new laws for your island.
- Home services upgrade, includes new exterior options and an upgrade of storage from 2,400 items to 5,000.
- New uses for Nook Miles have been added like new redeemable items, cooking recipes, and a pro decorating license that gives you more decoration options.
- The Camera App now has the ability to shoot at eye-level and take selfies via tripod camera mode.
- New hair styles and reactions.
- Players can now use patterns that were for customizing items on clothing and/or house interiors.
- A new guidebook app called “Island Life 101”.
- A storage shed that connects to your home storage and can be placed anywhere on your island.
- A placeable ATM called an ABD that you can put wherever you want.
- K.K. Slider has new songs and there’s a new music box item that can play them.
- New items have been added to the shop.
- A new tool players can craft that allows them to place permanent ladders.
- The ability to walk through really tight spaces inside houses will be added to the game.
- Villagers may now invite you to their homes or come over to the player’s home.
- New villagers will be added to the game.
Here's a list of things we know Happy Home Paradise adds to Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Players now have the ability to work as a designer and create vacation housing for characters. This gives players tons of new options like controlling the environment of the vacation house’s island or the size of the house’s interior. Also gives players the ability to add partitions, counters and pillars to the interior, the ability to adjust lighting and add soundscapes to houses.
- A new polishing mechanic which lets players create special effects on items they polish.
- Players can also design facilities for Paradise Planning’s island residents to use including a restaurant, hospital and school.
- There’s a shop in the Paradise Planning Office with a bunch of rare furniture that players can purchase.
- Players can remodel vacation houses and even tell residents to become roommates with each other.
- The Happy Home Network, a new app that lets players create a portfolio of their designs, check in on old clients and share their designs with other players.
- Amiibo functionality that allows players to build homes for any amiibo they use.
- Players will be able to use their new design powers at their home island and invite residents to the Paradise Planning archipelago.
Author’s Note: Wow, that's a LOT more than I expected. What about you though? Did you see this coming? Please let us know in the comments below!
Editing & Writing: Zerp