• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 19th Sudden Death XIV: Scio Logos (Prog's return!) - October 19th, 2013 - Bklyn, NY

D1

Banned via Administration
In an effort to force people to step it up, and hopefully influence more ICs mains to come outta nowhere so we can have different characters in the top 3...wobbling is unbanned. Stay sad infinite haters.

chillz

Smash Rookie
Quick question, PM is mentioned in the title...
Will it be at the venue, but without an event? or not at all?

D1

PM will most definitely be at the event. The last SD I hosted had Melee and PM with a great turnout for both! Spread the word to everyone you know!

chillz

Smash Rookie
I know it's time consuming, but is it really expensive to host a tourney like sudden death?
We need more NYC smash tourneys, all we get are things outside of the city other than this.

D1

I know it's time consuming, but is it really expensive to host a tourney like sudden death?
We need more NYC smash tourneys, all we get are things outside of the city other than this.

There are tourneys all over Tristate so I can't host these as frequently as I'd want. Too many TO's on the East Coast. I can't take away from everyone else's events.

Anyway expect A Tribe Called Rest to return for this one!

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
It'll be great to see Smash at Next Level Arcade. I usually just see the current fighters around, especially Tekken and Marvel.

badumpbumpbump

Smash Rookie
yo, i'm new to melee tourneys. do you guys generally have casuals before/after tourney? because I know i'm gonna lose in the first two rounds

S l o X

Smash Champion
The more setups people tend to bring, the more friendlies will be had.

So yeah, friendlies are a huge part of the tournament experience as long as everyone brings what they can and don't be lazy.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
woooow DJ Nintendo I just wanted to say your Fox is a joy to watch. I learned a lot and I'm going to borrow a lot of what you taught me.

You did so many awesome things. Most importantly, you fish for grabs like no one's business. You understand that grab is really the only safe thing in this game. You don't care about shield pressure; a nair doesn't do anything. It's the grabs that matter.

You respect the hell out of center stage and make your opponent EARN every hit they get on you. You don't give your opponent openings by opting for risky, volatile tech-intensive strategies. You understand that what makes Fox great is his ability to avoid hits, and you force your opponent into outapproaching you.

You rarely attack from the ledge or from platforms/the air. You dare your opponent to make a read, to give up center stage in order to hit you. You have no qualms running under moves or using the top platform to regain center stage, or even just rolling.

You understand the goal of the game is to take a stock. Percentage doesn't matter; knocking your opponent off the stage does. Creating as many edge guarding opportunities as you can and keeping your opponent below the ledge is the safest, most effective way to win.

You understand how immensely valuable creating tech chase situations are. You also realize that staying on the ground is the most important fundamental.

Last but not least, you are unafraid to get hit. When your defense is breached, you instantly focus all attention from offense to defense, not even daring to think about attacking until your safety is ensured.

Your DI is impeccable! During one exchange you DIed out of Hax's nair and then shined him for the gimp. Multiple times you DIed uair properly and prevented a combo.

I was particularlyblown away with how you conditioned Hax to flub his tech chases. Even when you did get hit, you stayed toward the middle of the stage to ensure you would have a shot at getting back to the stage. Because you prioritize center stage, you never get grabbed or hit near the ledge. As a result it becomes impossible to gimp you.

Instead of stubbornly meeting your opponent's strength head on, you opt to go around rather than through. It's a Zen playstyle. You move like water. You play without ego. You dare your opponent to beat you rather than putting yourself in positions where you beat yourself. Above all, you have incredible discipline, patience and faith to stay true to your strategy despite the breakneck pace of the game.

Black_Thor

Smash Rookie
woooow DJ Nintendo I just wanted to say your Fox is a joy to watch. I learned a lot and I'm going to borrow a lot of what you taught me.

You did so many awesome things. Most importantly, you fish for grabs like no one's business. You understand that grab is really the only safe thing in this game. You don't care about shield pressure; a nair doesn't do anything. It's the grabs that matter.

You respect the hell out of center stage and make your opponent EARN every hit they get on you. You don't give your opponent openings by opting for risky, volatile tech-intensive strategies. You understand that what makes Fox great is his ability to avoid hits, and you force your opponent into outapproaching you.

You rarely attack from the ledge or from platforms/the air. You dare your opponent to make a read, to give up center stage in order to hit you. You have no qualms running under moves or using the top platform to regain center stage, or even just rolling.

You understand the goal of the game is to take a stock. Percentage doesn't matter; knocking your opponent off the stage does. Creating as many edge guarding opportunities as you can and keeping your opponent below the ledge is the safest, most effective way to win.

You understand how immensely valuable creating tech chase situations are. You also realize that staying on the ground is the most important fundamental.

Last but not least, you are unafraid to get hit. When your defense is breached, you instantly focus all attention from offense to defense, not even daring to think about attacking until your safety is ensured.

Your DI is impeccable! During one exchange you DIed out of Hax's nair and then shined him for the gimp. Multiple times you DIed uair properly and prevented a combo.

I was particularlyblown away with how you conditioned Hax to flub his tech chases. Even when you did get hit, you stayed toward the middle of the stage to ensure you would have a shot at getting back to the stage. Because you prioritize center stage, you never get grabbed or hit near the ledge. As a result it becomes impossible to gimp you.

Instead of stubbornly meeting your opponent's strength head on, you opt to go around rather than through. It's a Zen playstyle. You move like water. You play without ego. You dare your opponent to beat you rather than putting yourself in positions where you beat yourself. Above all, you have incredible discipline, patience and faith to stay true to your strategy despite the breakneck pace of the game.

Damn how does his **** taste though?

Max?

Smash Champion
Results? I heart you D1, but NY is so terrible at making results threads and this series is no exception

Top Bottom