• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 30, 2014] Portal Smash Saturdays! :: CANCELED SERIES, NEW VENUES (Toms River, NJ)

Conti

Smash Ace

Portal Smash Saturdays are our Weekly Main Smash Event [Hyperbolic Time Portal will be starting up again in November]

SERIES HAS BEEN CANCLED. IM NOT HOSTING PORTAL EVENTS ANYMORE DUE TO ALOT OF COMPLICATIONS

1v1 Tournaments for Melee/Project:M/Smash3DS ($ Prizes to Top 3 to each tournament)

2v2 Tournament For P:M and Melee [not sure about 3DS]
Free Crew Battle if there is time.
Friendly Smash Matches of whatever game of your preference, Smash3DS, Brawl, Melee, Project:M
Registration goes until brackets start at estimated times.
These are estimates that usually workout.

Will Be Streamed On Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/portallounge/

~Smash Venue Fees~
$5 Spectator Only [Just there to watch] Venue Fee
or
$10 Smash Venue: Specator /Friendlies/ [optional to enter] Tournaments and Ect. Venue Fee
or
15$ Portal Venue: Smash Venue included but with the bonus that you get a pass for the day of unlimited use of Portal Lounge's Gaming Zone (as in the Gaming PCs, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox360, PS3, Wii U and Wii & More! (and he has ALOT of games for all the systems {From CoD to FinalFantasy} (and multiple of most of the systems except xbox one i think))

~Tournament Fees~
$10 - Melee 1v1s
$10 - Project:M 1v1s
$10 - Smash3DS 1v1s
[You can enter as many as you want!].
$5 - 2v2 Tournament for Project:M [and possibly Melee]
Payout will be legit like last time :D

Venue: The Portal Lounge

9 CRT Setups Now & Renovated Front Room for Better Smashing! {Better for our 30Person+ P:M Turnouts!}

Address:
1808 Rt 37 E., Toms River, New Jersey 08753

[NOTE MAKE SURE YOU PUT "RT 37 EAST" AND ITS EAST OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY ON THE MAP NEAR THE BRIDGE TOWARDS SEASIDE HEIGHTS & THE BAY, IF YOU WENT WEST AND PASSED A WALMART OR ENTERED "MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP" THE GPS TOOK YOU THE WRONG WAY]

(It's really easy to get to, its on rt37 in island heights it's like right after a dunkin donuts the very next plaza)

If you guys get hungry there is a Pizza Place and Chinese Place in the same plaza as The Portal Lounge, and a tacobell and wendys like 3mins up the road.

Rulesets:
Zenith Ruleset

Join Our Local FB Group for Friendlies and Friends around Ocean County, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OCSmashBrosPlayers/

Last Tournament was a great success, This one im honestly expecting to be even better :D

~Time Schedule~
I'm going to attempt to be there around 10-11 to start setting up [I'll try not to be late]
If you think you will be late but can make it in time to still play in the bracket LET ME KNOW and i will try my best to work with you.
(This is just a General Guideline so we can get everything done, it may not get done at these exact times but it should workout)
11:00-12:00 ~ Set-Up All The Smash Stations and ect. (if you have a setup please try to come early PLEASE)
12:00 - 2:00 ~ Finish Setting Up, Sign Up/Registration, Warm Up Friendlies
2:00 - 4:00 ~ Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1 Tournaments
4:00 - 6:00 ~ Project:M Tournaments
6:00 - 8:00 ~Smash 4
8:00- Whenever, Friendlies and whatever you want to do :]
Bring backup P:M and melee discs just incase.

Results Page: http://smashboards.com/threads/hype...urdays-full-results-page-toms-river-nj.367049

Last edited:

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Sounds pretty good man. Looking forward to trying to make it out to this. I am fairly close so if I can I'll make it.

Gary the Snail

Smash Rookie
Awesome! A Toms River Tournament! I'll definitely try to make it. Are you going to need people to help bring stuff? I have a Wii with PM if needed.

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah i definately need help for SetUps, I'll Post a Setup Forum on FB if u wanna fill it out so i can kinda have an idea of what we have for what games. And Yeah guys, i really encourage all of you to come, im hyped to meet some new people and get a legitimate series going on in our area to kinda put us on the map xD P:M is hype :D and its growing all over the community it seems so im excited to see how this one turns out. Im so happy this is next week, and my birthday is this wends, this is gunna be a good week coming up ^^

pandapimp

Smash Rookie
Oh question can we just pay at the door or do we have to sign up for something cuz no one else I'm bringing is on the boards even lol

Conti

Smash Ace
Your all good dude :D just come and bring ur friends and signups are either gunna be at the door or i will call people up. We are just a nice little local not some big regional, so im not super strict or official with anything :]

Last edited:

DarkVoid

Smash Rookie
ill try to make it there i livesome where in NJ

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Also letting people know about our Bi-Weeklies Series im starting up on Thursdays starting June 10th.
"Hyperbolic Time Portal!", which will be a cheaper more casual based tournament scene, $5 Entry for Venue, $5 per Tournament, and alot of friendlies and fun.

Follow the links, if you have Facebook click going/maybe if you plan to attend, :D
https://www.facebook.com/events/303786133128769/

Last edited:

Rickdaddy

Smash Rookie
is the one jul 10 bigger than this one? may come to both and I have one setup for each game with people

Conti

Smash Ace
July 10th is the 1st bi-weekly I've ever hosted so idk its looking like 10-20 people for that hopefully more, the Saturday tournys are decent tho, id say from 16-32+ people

Conti

Smash Ace
hey all, just so everyone knows. I have Bi-Weeklies going during the week, [cheaper venue!] and This months Portal Smash is definately is going to be decent, but Portal Smash 4 we should hopefully have the full stream setup and i'm going to try to attract some of the better players in our region to come out. This tournament I so far have Inui probabley coming, and im trying to see if i can bring some other top NJ Players. I may change the tournament fees to $10 for next portal smash in august [not this current one cuz its too short notice imo i wanna ask people when the tournament is happening] so that way the prize support is better for the people placing top3 and to increase the competition :D
What do you guys think about that tho?

The Soap

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably coming to this, but the price increase will most likely keep me out of Project M singles (and doubles if the Melee doubles ends up happening). Also, is the $5 doubles fee per player or per team?

Conti

Smash Ace
Sorry about the price increase, it was a hard decision but i felt it would make the better players come out of their caves, i have a biweekly series with much more fun and cheaper prices, This event im trying to make more official.
and yes its $5 per person [which makes 10$ per team]

**Read This** So after double checking what we got, I'm trying to have 8-9 setups for this tournament, 4 being P:M singles, 2 Being Doubles [melee/P:M Wii's would be preferable], and 2-3 Melee Singles [or wii's that could convert to melee/more GCs]. We just need slight help reaching this goal.
We have 4 Wii's with P:M and 5[maybe 6 if the other CRT gets shipped here in time, im factoring in that we dont get it tho] CRTs so P:M is pretty much set [along with Craig Cadenelli bringing in a P:M (are u bringing a CRT?) and Eric Lapp with a GC+CRT], if 2 people would like to make the tournament easier and bring in a Wii with P:M and also regular melee for our doubles setsups, it would be cool, otherwise we will have to swap setups around at some point [cuz we are having doubles on the couches so people arent blocking the entrance] which would cut playtime for friendlies and hold up the tournament -.-
So basically what im asking is if anyone coming can comment if they could help bring in the following [please and thanks ]
#1 We need someone to please Bring In A Melee Disc. [we have 2 GCs with 2 memory cards, but only 1 disc, the owner ordered melee last week but it might not get here in time]
#2 We need atleast 1-3CRTs and 2 more full setups preferably Wii's with P:M [brawl disc] that can also run melee [melee disc & have the memory card] xP so we can have easily ran doubles.
Thanks for reading, hope someone can help us out

Last edited:

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm interested in coming, my ride will want to enter Melee and we are coming from PA. Would you pre reg us I'm good for the money. Ask Xzax, Vex, or Chibo

Taiils

Smash Rookie
I'm considering going for the Melee singles, depending on what my buddies are doing tomorrow. I'm pretty close by so it's not totally out of the question of going on my own, though.

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey All 2 Day Reminder as usual
Hyperbolic Time Portal is Actually going to have a Stream this Thursday!
I'm quite excited [Shoutout to Eggm for bringing a stream setup for this event].
Things are getting better and better every week lately.
Weeklys are staying 20-30strong for P:M every week [Melee players need to come hype Portal up! Come thru ] and people really like the changes so we are keeping it the same way. [1v1 events 1st, then if people wanna stick around for some friendlies 2v2s or whatever we can do so afterwards so that way people who dont have the time can go home and space opens up for more free play].
Looking Forward to Smashing with you guys this thursday.
Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/events/815290231822972/
~ TPL | ContiBeastMode

Gokuthe3rd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jingle_Bells3
3DS FC
1375-7727-0742
Hey I might want to come, I'm probably only going to enter melee because I have no Idea what project M is(cut me some slack I'm new here >.<) I might also enter brawl if the brawl tourney ends before the melee tourney. I might do bad in the tournament also but I still want to see how players play so I can get bettter. I don't really have any friends or people to like, guide me around the tournament so if any one would be willing to guide a kid around that'd be great.

Conti

Smash Ace
Brawl wont happen until after melee/P:M cuz it would hold up the main events, so if u wanna play brawl you would have to stick around til the end. but other than that thats awesome and i look forward to seeing you this saturday :D

Conti

Smash Ace
Yesterday went well thanks all that came
Tomorrow is our Saturday monthly event,
"Portal Smash #4" [$10venue, $10per tourny, 1v1s and 2v2s for Melee/P:M]
Last month we had a rather impressive turnout [my largest event honestly] with 49 in the venue [27 for melee and 29 for P:M]. We have a better idea of what to expect tomorrow so things should go smooth, we still don't have a stream unfortunately but it should still be a good time. We might need a Setup or 2 so please msg me if you have a Small CRT Tv + Wii/GC [where can i just buy some?]. Also we definately need at least 2 melee discs if we want melee to go super smooth, we have 3 melee setups, and 4-5 P:M {if i can get my wii back from getting fixed in time for the tournament}
https://www.facebook.com/events/902570373092709/

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey Smashers, This is this tomorrow.
We will be featuring Melee/P:M Singles ($10) & Doubles($5 per person), & If people with Japanese 3DSs want a side event for Smash4 Im willing to run that aswell.
Share this with your friends and try to come out. The Store really needs the Smash Community's help!
Venue Starts @12, Melee 2v2s Starts at 2Pm, PM i was aiming for 5pm to start, Events should finish by 8-9, Venue Closes at 2am if you want to chill late after the tournaments for friendlies and such.
Smash Venue: $10, Portal All-Access Venue: $15 [Ability to use back room to play other games on his multiple Xbox Ones, PS4/3s, Xbox 360s, WiiU, Gaming PCs, ect.]
This venue is going to be incredible once Smash4 hits the WiiU and we feature Melee/P:M/Smash4, but we really need the support of our community to get there. Thanks for Reading & Supporting Us so far.
- Let's Get Some Hype.

~ TPL | ContiBeastMode
https://www.facebook.com/events/1453336838270814/

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just relocated to south jersey so definitely happy to find a venue that's close. I usually play at Hitbox Arena, how are the turnouts here for pm/melee? I'll be coming for sure to the next bi-weekly.

-Gohan

Conti

Smash Ace
I look forward to seeing you Gohan :D

Yeah guys, i updated the OP, Smash3Ds is being added to the roster and timeframes have changed.
Also THIS EVENT WILL BE STREAMED! Im hyped we are finally getting our own stream, we are waiting on the cables and then we are all set.

Top Bottom