• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow's tournament will start earlier so please try to arrive by 7:30pm. Earliest I'll be at EXP is 6:30pm though so don't arrive before then.
If you'll be late but wanna be put in the bracket then just call the venue phone# 708-613-4609 and let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

snex

Smash Master
snex vs Marth crew battle (melee only). BRING IT.

or, if we actually get 5 old schoolers (vouched for presence at or before FC3), old vs new crew battle.

Last edited:

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
can't make it either, next week full force though

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Fun time as always. Got wrecked. My own fault. College johns. Not much sleep johns. Just bad playing johns haha. Had a blast as always. Still meeting everyone. Was fun commentating. I'll be back. Sorry I didn't get to play friendlies with everyone. I get up at 6am for my classes and I'm awake the rest of the day so its rough staying up that late. :/ Hopefully I'll play you all soon.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Fun as always. Olimar is legit still.

Was disappointed at my loss to Faceroll. Still, can't complain too much. didn't come in last... Still not satisfied with my performance though.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Zswarm most likely I will not be here next wednesday hahaha. But I'll try.

Also, I'm more free than tap water *shot*. I really need to shape up. It's like I have no clue what to do when someone starts a combo on me.

Besides my frustration, it was nice to see familiar faces as well as so many new ones.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I took 9th. I'm very pleased at how well I did. My Kirby is stronger than my knight.

Webs

Smash Cadet

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Fun as always. Olimar is legit still.

Was disappointed at my loss to Faceroll. Still, can't complain too much. didn't come in last... Still not satisfied with my performance though.
The games were good though, I had to put on my tryhard pants if that means anything to you :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well that's good to hear.

I'm mostly upset how I missed two AGTs when recovering which cost me a stock. One in the first match and another in the third.

Then I go back to find a TV to play solo on to make sure I can still do it just fine, and sure enough. It's making me question whether or not I need to start making controller johns or what.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I posted this on the Facebook page for Chicagoland Melee as well.

I used the base of APEX 2014's "custom" aesthetics for Project M and made it to EXP's. It shows the EXP logo and which stages are banned, counter picks, and starters. If you bring your Wii, hopefully you'll use it!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gj726pjbdruubfe/common5.pac
You install this by going to: projectm/pf/system and overwriting the common5.pac

Plasma

Smash Cadet
Got wrecked on stream by boomerang Laz :(. Good stuff guys, hopefully I can start attending more often if work allows me to.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Got wrecked on stream by boomerang Laz :(. Good stuff guys, hopefully I can start attending more often if work allows me to.
Dude why are you sad? You had nearly half the place watching your match against Doctoroctorok(Ness vs. Lucas) and everyone's backs were turned to the winners bracket match going on between Kels and Scythe. Keep in mind that it was losers brackets. Definitely caught attention. That match was so hype dude. Fire vs. Ice. I would pay to watch that match again.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
its a sad day when u tech the edge as ness during your recovery only to have the balloon take away your pk thunder.

Lazarond

Smash Apprentice
kaboom!!!!!! plasma i still consider u the teacher sir!!!! without plasma i wouldnt be here!!!! so u can love him or hate him for that XD!!! well and also spoon!! i credit any type of success to them two!!! :0 also sixonesix is gonna creep up on u guys this up coming wdw... u were warned....

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
kaboom!!!!!! plasma i still consider u the teacher sir!!!! without plasma i wouldnt be here!!!! so u can love him or hate him for that XD!!! well and also spoon!! i credit any type of success to them two!!! :0 also sixonesix is gonna creep up on u guys this up coming wdw... u were warned....
i believe it...sooooo many ppl are starting to get better

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I have some time this week and *might* be able to drive out. Earliest I could get there is 9:00pm though. Any chance I'd make it in time for a bracket?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Probably not dude. Tournaments start at 7:30 now because they were running too late to begin with.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've been hitting the lab HARD and I'm gonna bust out some dangerous new Diddy technology at this one. You guys will barely even recognize my Diddy now. I'll be seriously surprised if I don't place in the money at this one. I don't usually make statements like this but I'm feeling very confident in this monster I've created.

Top Bottom