• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Bridgeport is closer to me than Oak Park by about 10 minutes, wouldn't mind going to either place. Its all worth the trip in the end.
Get ready for my Yoshi hype tomorrow, learned how to egg correctly.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
No they aren't. People were playing Marth, Wolf, Falco, Fox, Shiek in WDW.
Alright good, cuz I play spacies and marth(if you couldn't tell). In PM I play mario and Ike.. well fox as well but I think everyone has a pocket fox.

snex

Smash Master
high tiers are fine but if you ledge hog or use the c-stick, you have to sacrifice a stock.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
Some things are impossible unless you use C-stick, like retreating fairs or appoaching bairs. I dunno, I don't see why using C-stick would be looked down on.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
shion where is ur house??? lol.. imma try to make it tomor but bno promises i have better chances to make it wdw and ill be at EXPosure for sure..
It's in the NW suburbs, hehe.

I'll probably be at both of those for giggles, so if not tomorrow, then next week is kewl.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Are high tiers looked down on at WDW? Cuz if so I'll have to work on my DK
Some things are impossible unless you use C-stick, like retreating fairs or appoaching bairs. I dunno, I don't see why using C-stick would be looked down on.
And as far as ledge hogging. I don't do it in friendlies but in tourney I whole heartedly think anything goes. Even wobbling
You can use high tiers. You can use the c-stick. You can ledge hog. None of these are looked down on.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Good games @ Kaysick Kaysick , I wanna play you in more friendlies bro. Fun games.

Didn't get to play you @ BLUX BLUX , next time! Lol

Gg's also faceroll.

Fun as$ brawl crew battle too. Hype as$ games.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Good games @ Kaysick Kaysick , I wanna play you in more friendlies bro. Fun games.

Didn't get to play you @ BLUX BLUX , next time! Lol

Gg's also faceroll.

Fun as$ brawl crew battle too. Hype as$ games.
Should've seen my crew matches, @ "Shion" "Shion" . I'll check the stream tomorrow after work and tell you the times.

Still didn't play against you again @ H HarryTheChin .

Last edited:

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
How long do each of the tournaments/events last on WDW? I ask because I work Wednesday nights and the earliest I could get there is 9:30pm. But if there's a PM singles bracket and a Melee bracket, and each one takes a couple hours, I might make the second one?

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
How long do each of the tournaments/events last on WDW? I ask because I work Wednesday nights and the earliest I could get there is 9:30pm. But if there's a PM singles bracket and a Melee bracket, and each one takes a couple hours, I might make the second one?
Yeah the pm one doesn't really start Til around 9ish anyway, and it usually ends late 10pm.

Melee starts afterwards, ma trigga.

BLUX

Smash Cadet
fixed the problem with my wii. 3.01 wouldn't work unless i updated my wii. if the music isnt playing at the launch screen then this is your problem

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
You know I'll be there. Not sure if you guys know already, but it's from 5 pm - 1 am tomorrow.

Top Bottom