• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yea we did have a free tournament event last Friday. The turnout wasn't as big as Wednesdays but that was expected. Hopefully it will increase in appeal as Wavedash Wednesday did.
I'll be adding a smash ladder side event for Fridays soon.
But yes this Friday will be another tournament.
If ppl only wanna compete in the ladder that's fine and if ppl wanna put down money for the tournament instead of have it be free that is fine too.
Awesome, I'll show up on Friday then.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Definitely a great experience, shout outs to the hosts for such a clean venue and enjoyable tourney.

Will try to bring two friends I play with out next time.

TheRickRoller

Smash Rookie
Can't wait to get back to the Windy City for another year! I'll definitely have to serve as a punching bag to more skilled Melee players!

azzucips

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azzucips
3DS FC
1461-6305-7845
That memory card is most likely mine if it is white/grey whatever. It should have like 5 blocks of memory left

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Hey all, just dropping a hello. I'm Judd, recently entered as "Blue Beetle." I ride my bike to WDW.
This is my handle for the boards.

See ya soon!!

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I have no clue what's going on with all that brawl talk since I couldn't make it, but saturday works better than any other day for the people that I play with. On the other hand I'd probably show up any day of the week. I may come this week for whatever melee related game is being played, and I'd bring my wii for brawl friendlies if there are any available setups.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I have no clue what's going on with all that brawl talk since I couldn't make it, but saturday works better than any other day for the people that I play with. On the other hand I'd probably show up any day of the week. I may come this week for whatever melee related game is being played, and I'd bring my wii for brawl friendlies if there are any available setups.
Come on Wed and I'll play as much Brawl as you'd like.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was planning on coming, but that's too late for melee as well. Maybe next week if it's earlier.

Scythe

Smash Master
That's how it's always been. People don't really start showing up until 7pm

Scythe

Smash Master
depends on which event is run first, and in this case it's pm dubs.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Not really. We usually run PM @ 8pm before Melee. Scythe is correct. 9:30 start time for Melee is nothing new.
Lol come on I've been to the last 2 or 3 and played only Melee and was out well before 1030, so I'm pretty sure we didn't start at 930.

But if we can be done by 10, let me know and I'll come today :)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Lol come on I've been to the last 2 or 3 and played only Melee and was out well before 1030, so I'm pretty sure we didn't start at 930.

But if we can be done by 10, let me know and I'll come today :)
What tag do you enter under?

Last week we had a 21 man bracket for Melee and I know we started that AFTER PM.
You may have been eliminated well before 10:30pm but that doesn't mean the tournament was over.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
What tag do you enter under?

Last week we had a 21 man bracket for Melee and I know we started that AFTER PM.
You may have been eliminated well before 10:30pm but that doesn't mean the tournament was over.

Lol this is getting way too passive aggressive. I'm J122, and I never got eliminated that early if I recall...

And:

Between 8pm & 9pm. Usually depends on if ppl are late.

All I'm saying is that extra hour between 8:30 and 9:30 makes a difference for me :(

Top Bottom