• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 26, 2014] Smash ave. (Garden city, MI)

Railz

Yoshi Master
Project M and Smash bros. 3DS!

This is an event that cannot be ignored by any true smashers, it will be great fun! The venue is great and the fun is greater. This will be a double elimination tournament from Project M and Smash 4.

However time is of the essence therefore if there are too many entrants then it could be reduced to single elimination. In the case that there are over 15 people who show for project M, we will run round robin pools to decide who makes it in to brackets.

As for smash 4, because this can be taken outside of the venue, we will make it double elimination no matter the entrants and again depends on how many show up to decide if it will go to round robin pools or straight to bracket. You may run in both events if you so choose.

We need setups! If you can bring a setup for Project M then we will be entirely grateful, and of course you will need to bring a 3DS, but if you can play with a friends and don't need all the characters it is entirely up to you.

setup must have at least PM 3.02, and skins off. Custom music is allowed however.

Fee
Venue fee- $5
Project M singles- $5
Smash 4- $5

Schedule
Project M-
Sign in- 2:30
Project M singles- 3:00

Smash bros. 3DS-
sign in- 3:30
Smash 4 singles- 4:00

Rulesets
Project M rules will be based on Apex 2014
4 stock, 8 min, starter and counterpick stages as 1-2-2-1
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/

Smash bros. 3DS this ruleset will be different since there are hardly any genuine rules to follow, by what i know most tournaments run as such.

3 stock, 8 min

All items are set to off and none

Custom miis are going to banned, sorry for any troubles this may cause.

Either player may call for a double blind character selection for the first match.

Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quit.

If time runs out, the player who is winning by stock and percent is declared the victor. In the case of a stock and percent tie, a 1 stock 3 minute match will be played with the same characters and stage.

If a match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move is declared the victor.

---

STAGES:

Neutral:

Final Destination (vanilla form)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

Final Destination (all other forms)
Prism Tower

Set procedure:

1. Before the set begins, the players engage in rock paper scissors. The loser strikes the first neutral stage, then the winner strikes the second one. Game one is played on the remaining neutral stage.

2. After game one, the winning player bans a stage, meaning that the losing player cannot counterpick there (banning Final Destination bans the ability to pick any variant of Final Destination).

3. The loser announces their counterpick stage.

4. The winner announces their character.

5. The loser selects a character and then the next game begins. Repeat this process until one player has won two games (or three in finals).

Keep up to date with this event for it may be subject to slight change.

For any questions please contact:
Railz - 586-854-1578 or Rails75@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Lets go! I haven't been to Gameyard in ages. I wonder how it has changed in the past 2 years.

Also, make sure to tag this tourney as a Midwest event so people can find it.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
"Custom miis are legal if agreed by each player."

This is a mistake. Either allow them or not. Putting it this way may as well mean that miis are banned.
If someone mains a mii fighter and they are their best character, any opponent of theirs can easily force them to play a secondary by not agreeing to allow miis.

Also - the schedule details registration times, but when do 'doors open'?

I'll see if I can make it to this. Sundays are always a bit weird for me but this isn't too far.

Vayseth

Smash Master
"Custom miis are legal if agreed by each player."

This is a mistake. Either allow them or not. Putting it this way may as well mean that miis are banned.
If someone mains a mii fighter and they are their best character, any opponent of theirs can easily force them to play a secondary by not agreeing to allow miis.
Super agree. This will just lead to bad feels.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Are venue fees waived for bringing a full PM setup?

Railz

Yoshi Master
agreed upon the mii situation, it is unclear how this will stir conflicts as far as customization is an issue so as for this event i will ban the miis. i see too much of a conflict if they are fully allowed so i tried to make it reasonable, since this has stirred problems itself im left with banning them all together.

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
So for this, is there going to be a stream doing on?
and also as far as customs, are the moves allowed?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll be here still, with a PM setup as well.

So for this, is there going to be a stream doing on?
and also as far as customs, are the moves allowed?
Well since Miis are banned, I'm going to assume that Custom Moves are banned. He doesn't have the legality stated in the OP.

Also I doubt there will be a stream D:

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Top 4 for Smash 4
1. Ryuga
2. Ksev
3. Ori
4. Nom

Top 4 for PM
1. Tetra
2. Nom