• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North OcS @ Shiver Me Smashers Series - WiiU 1V1/2V2 & Melee/PM Singles - NJ

OcS @ Shiver Me Smashers Series - WiiU 1V1/2V2 & Melee/PM Singles - NJ
Posted by Conti
CB Huntington's
Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Conti

Smash Ace
Please RSVP :) {For Updates/Logistics - Click if ur almost positive you will be here please}

Hey, Conti from Ocean County Smash Community [OcS] with our hype Location!

Checkout the trailer for the event here if you want [Need to make new one]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrT-n7jjy8

Keep track of all our new events on www.facebook.com/OceanCountySmash/Events

This Event Is Event#25 - Sunday, October 23rd, 2016

BlackBeards Cave is a Family Recreation Center that features a Bar/Restaurant and a bunch of small attractions aswell (Go Karts, Water Boats, MiniGolf, Battle Tanks, Boardwalk-Style Arcade, Outdoor Bar {21+ Only}, and more!). Venue is in CB Huntingtons Bar/Restraunt Banquet Room [+ Party Rooms]

I have alot of Space for Setups and People so come thru :]

For Setups I only have 5 CRTs now, 4Wiis for PM/Melee and 2 WiiU FullSetups

WiiU Setups are very important for you guys to bring in, i wish i owned multiple setups but i simply cannot afford it at the time :/

Discounts for WiiUs will be Awarded at the end of the Event if we needed it for the day, Come see Conti before you leave.
Full Setup (WiiU + GC Adapter + HDTV) = $3
WiiU + GC Adapter = $1 off
HDTV / Gaming Monitor = $2 off
CRT = $1 off
Wii/GC = $1 off

Discounts will be awarded if we Need the setup.

***Tourny Info***
***Address***
Just a note that the Venue is actually in C.B. Huntington which is connected with BlackBeards Cave

140 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, New Jersey 08721

~ Times ~
Venue Starts at 1:00pm
Registration Starts at 1:30pm til Brackets Start
Featured Side Event Starts at 2:00pm
Project M Singles Starts at 3:00pm
Super Smash Bros. WiiU Doubles Starts at 4:00pm
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Singles Starts at 6:00pm
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Starts at 6:30pm
Venue Ends at 9-10ish pm. [We have to be out by 10!]

~Smash Venue Fees~
$10 Smash Venue (Tournaments/Friendlies/ect)
$5 Project:M Venue (Can still friendly in all the games, only offered to Players who Only entered Project:M Singles)
Free to Spectate (No Friendlies)

~Tournament Fees~
$5 For Side Event
$5 Project M Singles
$5 Per Person WiiU 2v2s
$10 - SmashWiiU 1v1s

Payout will be legit as always!
(50/25/15/10) 32 or More!
(60/30/10) 10 or More Entrants
(65/35) 6 to 9 Entrants (under 10 entrants is rare tho)
(Winner Take All!) 5 or Less Entrants [Will be Round Robin]

Challonge: ocs.challonge.com
Twitch: Twitch.tv/ContiBeastMode or Twitch.tv/oceancountysmash

Rulesets [Can be found on the OcSc Files tab on FB]

Ornstein

Smash Rookie
Yo I'm totally going to show up here and it's gonna be my first tournament get hyyyyyyyyyyyype!!!!!

Ornstein

Smash Rookie
Ok be sure to look out for the fraudulent Kirby player. Also how many people are there usually? Going to play in PM

edit: tfw you're that guy that replies to the thread and not the actual comment

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Bumping to Remind people that this is this weekend!
[hopefully weather permitting, if freak hurricane hits our area hardcore somehow I might have to postpone, but according to weather channel I think we will be fine]

Mattchumaniac44

Smash Rookie
Going to be there with a friend this weekend for singles and doubles smash Wii U, I can provide a Wii U and adaptor if needed. Its my first tournament so I'm not exactly sure what to expect but were excited :).

Last edited:

Energymaster

Smash Rookie
This sounds like fun. Just found it on the 2nd though... May not be able to make the 3rd but will be able to make the one on the 31st.

Ornstein

Smash Rookie
Just curious is this still on for today because I heard the NJ area is getting hit pretty hard with flooding and such.

Conti

Smash Ace
It's ok dude, maybe try coming to my CE event in 2 weeks.

Next Shiver me smashers tournament date not confirmed yet btw. It's definitely not going to be Oct 31

Last edited:

mzzmzz101

Smash Rookie
NNID
AfrouGunsou123
3DS FC
1564-6180-4769
Going to be there with a friend this weekend for singles and doubles smash Wii U, I can provide a Wii U and adaptor if needed. Its my first tournament so I'm not exactly sure what to expect but were excited :).
It's going to be a lot of fun! We should do Falco dittos. :D

Conti

Smash Ace
So I've Deceided to add WiiU 3v3s to this Event! It's been very successful at CE with the two times i ran it we had 6 teams [18 people] and 10 teams [30 people]. It made that event my largest event in history with 58 in the Venue. 3v3s have been so successful at this venue I had to move it to Shiver Me Smashers Venue instead.
It got a little cramped for CE so i decided to Add 3v3s to SMS and Replace 3v3s at CE with 2v2s since we haven't had doubles in a while and Nova Smash isn't ready yet. SMS has plenty of room to host events of this size or even up to 100 because of the access to up to 3 Spare Party Rooms. Hopefully one day we can get that big.

Anyways, 3v3s are really hype because of the way we format it.

I'll be assigning Team captains [Top players like DMG James, Biddy, OcS Crew and whoever else shows up. Tweek/LoF for example] and from there randomly draft people with those captains so each team will be 1 Captain & 2 random entrants. This makes the teams really balanced and fun, gives everyone a shot at winning via teamwork. It's been really hype and fun in the past. Hope you guys enjoy this addition to the event!

Here's the FB Event Page to SMS11: https://www.facebook.com/events/497565713755155/

And yeah my CE event is now Nov 15th! See you guys there, here's that event's FB link!
Please RSVP xD [i always seem to get wayy more then rsvp says]
https://www.facebook.com/events/1480363148960411/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Events Looking pretty hype, probabley another 30-50+ Turnout.
We need some WiiU Setups still so pleae let me know, also might need some spare GC adapters for 3v3s if youcould bring that in also. Edit: WE got 2 possibly 3 spare adapters, could always use an extra just incase.
heres the event page link: https://www.facebook.com/events/497565713755155/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Keep getting 40+ Turnouts during school season which is honestly insane! The hype is real this year! Thanks so much for getting us bigger and bigger! Anyways

Nov 28th! Rivals of Aether Side Event! Alongside the usual hyped Smash WiiU/PM/Melee Singles! See you there! Please RSVP :D
https://www.facebook.com/events/1689200297962847/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace

Hero2Zero

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are trying to enter the tournament scene and we wondering how we go about entering. Do we just show up with the entry fee or do we sign up online?

Conti

Smash Ace
You just show up and pay and you'll be all set! :D
Our venue is really good for people just getting into the scene, lots of variety and levels of skill, hope you have a blast ^_^

Note: Updated OP. OUR 3V3 SIDE EVENT IS THIS EVENT XD
Last two times it was reallllly hype with like 6 and 10 teams, we do draft pick and pair top players as captains with random teammates to make balanced teams so any1 has a chance at winning. It's worked out great the last 2 events and I highly encourage people to try it out! :D

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey guys, This Is Today! :D Come get Hyped!
We NEED extra GC Adapters so please bring yours if you aren't already bringing in a Setup. We also could use an extra WiiU Setup since someone [possibly 2 people] bringing one in had to back out unfortunately due to work. Should be another good day! See you all there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/732923580141280/

sbg

Smash Rookie
[calendar]96[/calendar]
when is the next event after the one on the 30th? i cant go to it and i want to try and have a good idea of when the next one is so i can plan ahead.

Conti

Smash Ace
Salty Suite SMS is tomorrow! If your someone that enjoys MMs come thru early for the side event :]
Noting that start times have been adjusted:

Super Smash Bros. Salty Suite Starts at 2:00pm
Super Smash Bros. ProjectM Singles Starts at 4:00pm
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Starts at 6:30pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/1093074047399525/

Last edited:
Top Bottom