• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Oct 15, 2016] Project M & Melee at The Game Castle (Londonderry, NH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Hey i'm Dawnz, i'm going to be running Project M & Melee tournaments with Gtown_Tom at The Game Castle
These are going to be happening once a month.

We will be live streaming the tournament at http://www.hitbox.tv/Dawnz and upload the matches on my YouTube
Feel free to go up and commentate I don't mind and I appreciate the help.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/530618677141348/

Schedule
- 3pm Doors Open & Registration
- 5pm Project M

- 6:30pm Melee
- 10pm Venue closes

$5 Venue Fee (This will be waived by bringing a CRT TV, Wii/Gamecube, and SD Card+Brawl/Melee)

$5 Tournament Entry Fee Per Event

Payouts

< 37 entrants:

• 1st (60%)
  • 2nd (30%)
  • 3rd (10%)
37-49 entrants:
  • 1st (54%)
  • 2nd (27%)
  • 3rd (13%)
  • 4th (6%)
50+ entrants:
  • 1st (48%)
  • 2nd (22%)
  • 3rd (14%)
  • 4th (8%)
  • 5th (4%)

We will be taking all the entrants by the stream setup until 4 for Melee and 6 for PM, meet us over there.
The bracket will be posted on Challonge the link will be on the stream as well.
challonge.com/users/dawnz24

Food Nearby
There is snacks and drinks sold at the venue
Also next door there is chinese and pizza

PM Rules

Sets
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
All items set to off and none
Sets are best of 3 until Top 8, which is best of 5.

- Character selection
- Stage strike 1-2-1
- Play match 1
- Winner of previous match chooses character
- Loser of previous match chooses character

- Winning player bans stages (2 bans)
- Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
- Play next match

Starters
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Bowser's Castle (Alt.)

Counterpicks (2 Bans, Regular DSR UNLESS ON GAME 5 -
Geo's Stupid Rule unlocks the stage which was played Game 1 if it is removed under regular DSR)

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Wario Land

Melee Rules

Apex ruleset. See Section IV here:

http://smashboards.com/data/sponsor/Apex2015Rulebookv2.pdf

Last edited:

Vizrox

Smash Rookie
Hey there! I am looking forward to the tournament! I was wondering if you were interested in having a commentator for these matches, since I would love to apply. If interested, please leave a reply, that'll be great.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Hey there! I am looking forward to the tournament! I was wondering if you were interested in having a commentator for these matches, since I would love to apply. If interested, please leave a reply, that'll be great.
Wow, that would be great. For me I have very little experience commentating so it would nice to have someone to help me out through the tournament especially because i'm going to be playing in bracket.

Vizrox

Smash Rookie
Wow, that would be great. For me I have very little experience commentating so it would nice to have someone to help me out through the tournament especially because i'm going to be playing in bracket.
Wonderful! I am very willing to help out in general with it, also.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Also, if you are looking for commentators i will be willing to do that as well.
Unfortunately, for now we won't be able to run melee but if this gets more popular and I have enough requests ill think about it.
That would be great thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Thanks everyone who showed up sorry about the disorganization. these will be going every month from now on and hopefully they will run better, I'll make sure to get printouts of the stage lists. I hope everyone had fun anyway here's the bracket make sure to claim your spot! | http://smashboards.com/rankings/game-castle-project-m-1.6558/event |
Special thanks to Hackey & Strawhatjiggs for helping out.

Last edited:

Jacksundavis

Smash Rookie
Hello! I can attempt to make it there im not sure i can tho but can sure try this sounds like a lot of fun!. Also about the commentating i can sure try but i have little to no experience on it but ill try to make it. this is going to be on june 30th correct? if so i might be moving to NH and i would love to see the tournament sence here.thanks and i hope i can make it!

Last edited:

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Hello! I can attempt to make it there im not sure i can tho but can sure try this sounds like a lot of fun!. Also about the commentating i can sure try but i have little to no experience on it but ill try to make it. this is going to be on june 30th correct? if so i might be moving to NH and i would love to see the tournament sence here.thanks and i hope i can make it!
Yes every month on the 30th
More help commentating would be great im going to be uploading all bracket matches to youtube

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Looks like someone took my wii remote with them last night, if you have an extra please let me know
No pm for me D;

VBD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volbeatdown86
Hi Dawnz, thanks for running this great tournament,don't worry about the little hitches that occurred, you did great for your first time. I had a great time at the tourney, so good games to everybody I played. Dawnz, I didn't snag your wiimote, but I have an extra that you can have whenever we meet again, and I would love to play some friendlies with you some time, we never got to yesterday. I was the Marth player that took you out in bracket :p. If you ever wanna talk/play just hit me up on Skype @ nick.marcus32. Thanks again for the awesome tourney, I look forward to the next one.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Hi Dawnz, thanks for running this great tournament,don't worry about the little hitches that occurred, you did great for your first time. I had a great time at the tourney, so good games to everybody I played. Dawnz, I didn't snag your wiimote, but I have an extra that you can have whenever we meet again, and I would love to play some friendlies with you some time, we never got to yesterday. I was the Marth player that took you out in bracket :p. If you ever wanna talk/play just hit me up on Skype @ nick.marcus32. Thanks again for the awesome tourney, I look forward to the next one.
Thanks so much, i'm glad you had a good time the next one will be on June 30th i'm also probably going to host another monthly or weekly at a place in Salem NH im looking at. Ill let you know if I need the remote, I asked one of my friends I think i'll be able to get one from him, thanks a lot anyway. I'll add you on skype tonight my name will just be dawnz, same picture. I really want to play more friendlies next time I was so busy make sure to ask me there if you still want to.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
When the venue owner gets back to me, the tournament will most likely be this Saturday, the 27th. I'll leave another post confirming

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
We have to cancel this month they said they have a big event Saturday with 100 people. Last Saturday of next month will be going on though

Last edited:

Masterman918

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterman987
i might be able to go depending on if i can get a ride or not but i am glad to find out that a tourney happens at my local card shop and i was wondering is there any like controllers that are banned (just in case my gamecube controller breaks) or will there be controllers there

Last edited:

Masterman918

Smash Rookie
NNID
masterman987
i am most likely going to be there because there is a pokemon tcg event happening the same day so i will already be there just probably have to stay like 1 1/2 - 2 hours but i can grab some food will i am waiting :b:

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
i am most likely going to be there because there is a pokemon tcg event happening the same day so i will already be there just probably have to stay like 1 1/2 - 2 hours but i can grab some food will i am waiting :b:
Awesome! I'll see you there

Hush?

Smash Rookie
any chance those VODs will be uploaded? All those matches were insane!

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
any chance those VODs will be uploaded? All those matches were insane!
Yeah of course I'm sorry about that been busy, I'll probably have them up tonight or tomorrow. Our set was awesome by the way sorry I wasn't able to talk to you I had a lot of fun.

Hush?

Smash Rookie
yeah apologies i had to bounce kinda early, il be there next time

Austinion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Austinion
3DS FC
0387-8835-5934
Had a great time, even though few entered. My first tournament where I actually made some cash

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
What does everyone think for this month, should I cancel or try to move it back a week or something like that. It is supposed to be on halloween so thst probably won't work.

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Alright, I'll email the venue and ask about 11/7
Everyone let me know if that's good for you

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
Hey guys
Finally figured out the issue with uploading vods from hitbox