• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 10, 2015] Class is Back 2! Charity Event!! (Cincinnati, OH)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

https://www.facebook.com/events/1678925372344169/ FACEBOOK LINK HERE!!

Hello to all!! My name is Daycia, but many call me Day!

This tournament will be a charity event! The charity that I will be sponsoring is the Boys and Girls Club of America
(This group focuses on providing something fun, safe, positive to children after classes)

The name Class is Back is tied back to my older tournament series called School is in Session. I believe targeting the youth and giving those resources allows them to gain opportunities for the growth of the community in the areas as well as giving them a chance to live a fulfilling life they might not have without the proper resources!

This tournament is also at an arcade! Huzzah! So you are free to play as many video games as your heart desires!

LIVE STREAM: twitch.tv/daylightful

600 Cincinnati Mills Dr
Cincinnati, OH 45240
(GOOGLE MAPS SAYS IT IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED BUT NOT THE CASE! )

October 10th, Saturday

Tournament bracket link:
http://challonge.com/Classisback2

Tournament Times:
9:30AM: Doors Open and Registration Begins
10:30AM: Registration Ends
11:00AM: 2v2 Begins
12:30PM: 1v1 Pools Begins
5:00PM: 1v1 Top 32 Bracket Begins
10:00PM: Tournament Ends

DISCOUNT PROVIDED FOR SETUPS! ($5 for full and $3 for half)
Venue Fee- $10.00 (Goes to unlimited arcade gaming!!)
Wii U
Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $10.00 ($5 per person)

PAYOUT:
Under 29
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
30 - 39
1: 55%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: 5%
40 - 75
1: 48%
2: 22%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 2.5% (both 5th places)
Above 76
1: 40%
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5% (both 5th places)
7: 2.5% (both 7th places)

*2 Stock, 6 Minute games

Starter

Battlefield/Miiverse *
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Smashville
Town & City
Counterpick

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

* Miiverse is treated as Battlefield during the stage ban phase. If Battlefield is banned, then Miiverse is also banned, and vice versa.

*Omegas are allowed only upon the agreement of the players

*Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by RPS

*Game 1 players choose simultaneously characters then choose customs simultaneously*

• Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1-1-1-1 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A Mii).
    • No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer any existing Miis to a setup.
Sheik and Game and Watch as a team are banned
Ness and Game and Watch as a team are banned
Luigi and Game and Watch as a team are banned

* Each Player gets two stage bans

*After game one, selection goes: Winner bans two stages, loser selects stage, winner chooses character, losers chooses character*

*Team Attack On

*Singles will contain elimination pools. The seeds that players will receive from pools, as well as who will advance to bracket will be decided in the following order.

Who won more sets
Record of wins minus losses out of all games in the pool
Head to head
In the instance of a full tie still existing, the tied players will replay their matches against each other

*Sets are best of 3
Grand Finals, Winners Finals, and Losers Finals are best of 5

*Customs are banned
*Equipment is banned

* Modified Daves Stupid Rule: A player cannot go back to the stage he last won on in the set

SMASH 64 SIDE EVENT RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/smash-64/

This tournament will be at an arcade! So there will be unlimited arcade games! Tons of cabinet games such as DDR, Street Fighter 2, 3rd Strike, MvC2, Shooters, etc.
Pictures of the games!

Thank you!

And see you there!!

Last edited:

We Are GX

Smash Rookie
This is Rod (GX), the louisville fam will be there. I just cant wait to see all my friends up in cincy.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hey! As GX said, Louisville will be in attendance! We'll be bringing two car groups, one of which is full, with the other having 3-4 players accounted for so far. We'll be doing what we can to fill the second car, as well as seeing if we might be able to get a third car group coming up from Louisville.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
So, is Smash 64 being done on actual N64 systems, virtual console, or both?
If I brought my Wii, could I just load it in the N64 emulator?
If I brought said Wii, and my N64 + 2 controllers, would I get a double half setup discount?

I won't know if I can join until I get my work schedule on April 3rd. I won't know if I work Sunday morning until April 10th.

Last edited:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Hey! As GX said, Louisville will be in attendance! We'll be bringing two car groups, one of which is full, with the other having 3-4 players accounted for so far. We'll be doing what we can to fill the second car, as well as seeing if we might be able to get a third car group coming up from Louisville.
Sounds great! Thanks guys!!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
So, is Smash 64 being done on actual N64 systems, virtual console, or both?
If I brought my Wii, could I just load it in the N64 emulator?
If I brought said Wii, and my N64 + 2 controllers, would I get a double half setup discount?

I won't know if I can join until I get my work schedule on April 3rd. I won't know if I work Sunday morning until April 10th.
Preferably 64 system!!

Hope you can still make it out!

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Is there a schedule of events? 10am -10pm is a long time and I want to coordinate plans especially since I only plan on playing some 64.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Is there a schedule of events? 10am -10pm is a long time and I want to coordinate plans especially since I only plan on playing some 64.
I am not running 64, but I believe the interest was to start it around the afternoon. Probably around the time doubles start or the ending of triples. I will ask the person running 64 and get back to you!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
May be able to make this. Sad that one of my megaman custom lists isn't there because I listed it as "one only OS uses" so it was replaced by one that was only a potential but oh well

someone should tell risner about smash 64

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Suggestion for future tournaments daycia:

Have pre-made signup forms automatically sign people up for a raffle for something but allow entrants at the door.

In my situation I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop by on saturday or not, but your current setup gives no disincentive to just sign up for everything on the form and not show up but prevents my entrance if I can show up but don't fill out the form. So if I sign up now and you use me as a 1 or 2 seed in a pool and then I don't show up, I've caused damage.

Kel

Smash Master
Hey I didn't know about this until it was too late to register. Can I still get in?

Also, is some of the entry fee going to charity or just venue fee?

YoshiBro1

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiBro1
3DS FC
3153-5058-8043
Will we have to transfer all the custom sets on to our system before we come or will that be done over at the tournament by you guys?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Suggestion for future tournaments daycia:

Have pre-made signup forms automatically sign people up for a raffle for something but allow entrants at the door.

In my situation I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop by on saturday or not, but your current setup gives no disincentive to just sign up for everything on the form and not show up but prevents my entrance if I can show up but don't fill out the form. So if I sign up now and you use me as a 1 or 2 seed in a pool and then I don't show up, I've caused damage.
The reason why I am doing pre-reg for sign-ups is so I can have the pools/brackets made up front. It saves SO much time! Especially with 140 people that has entered.
If you cannot end up making, I would just appreciate it if you can tell me! (= That's all.
Plus, if someone was a 1st or 2nd seed and end up not making it, it's easier to change a bit then to do an entire pool list on the spot.
Regardless though, I ask people to tell me if they end up pre-registering but having to drop out before the tournament.
Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The reason why I am doing pre-reg for sign-ups is so I can have the pools/brackets made up front. It saves SO much time! Especially with 140 people that has entered.
If you cannot end up making, I would just appreciate it if you can tell me! (= That's all.
Plus, if someone was a 1st or 2nd seed and end up not making it, it's easier to change a bit then to do an entire pool list on the spot.
Regardless though, I ask people to tell me if they end up pre-registering but having to drop out before the tournament.
Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Number of entrants doesn't change pool creation time; it takes about 10 minutes with Tio. Find number of pools, find that number of 1 seeds, separate into each pool, randomize the rest via Tio and separate by location. Pools done!

It's up in the air if I can attend or not at the moment; I didn't know about this event and have a prior obligation but may or may not be able to get out of it. If I did enter I'd want to enter each event and would be able to bring a Smash 4 Wii U with a CRT. I'd be teaming with Kel if attending.

edit:

I forgot to mention, you made a mistake with your rules. You listed game wins minus losses over head to head by accident! That means someone can actually beat a player, tie with them, and then the other person can advance in a 2-way tie. Prioritizes game wins over set wins.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hey I didn't know about this until it was too late to register. Can I still get in?

Also, is some of the entry fee going to charity or just venue fee?
I'm super late to responding to this, but incase you didn't get a response, you can sign up at the door according to facebook. The pre-registration was just for seeding purposes/bracket making.

The Prodigy

Smash Rookie
This is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see everyone and to see how I do with my new main!

Last edited:
Top Bottom