• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 10, 2014] Hyperbolic Time Portal! #11 [Melee/P:M/3DS] (Toms River, NJ)

Conti

Smash Ace

"Portal Smash Saturdays" are our main Weekly event, This is the last hyperbolic time portal for a few weeks.

(Friday) October 10th, 2014 @ 3:00Pm at The Portal Lounge
Super Smash Bros. Melee starts at 6PM
Super Smash Bros. 3DS starts at 7PM
Super Smash Bros. Project M starts at 8PM

1v1 Tournaments for Melee/Project:M ($ Prizes to Top 3 to each tournament)

Free Crew Battle if there is time.
Friendly Smash Matches of whatever game of your preference, Brawl, Melee, Project:M {the more setups, the more friendlies!}

Registration goes until scheduled time, If you are going to be late, Message me on Facebook.

~Smash Venue Fees~
$5 Smash Venue: Specator /Friendlies/ [optional to enter] Tournaments and Ect. Venue Fee
or
10$ Portal Venue: Smash Venue included but with the bonus that you get a pass for the day of unlimited use of Portal Lounge's Gaming Zone (as in the Gaming PCs, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox360, PS3, Wii U and Wii & More! (and he has ALOT of games for all the systems {From CoD to FinalFantasy} (and multiple of most of the systems except xbox one i think))

~Tournament Fees~ {optional to enter}
$5 Melee 1v1s
$5 Smash3DS 1v1s
$5 Project:M 1v1s
[You can enter as many as you want!].
Free 2v2 Tournament for Project:M if there is time
Payout will be legit as always :D

Venue: The Portal Lounge

Here's Some Pictures We Renovated The Store For Smashers!

9 CRT Setups and Check out the Backroom for when Smash4 Comes to WiiU

Address:
1808 Rt 37 E. , Toms River, New Jersey 08753

[NOTE MAKE SURE YOU PUT "RT 37 EAST" AND ITS EAST OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY ON THE MAP NEAR THE BRIDGE TOWARDS SEASIDE HEIGHTS & THE BAY, IF YOU WENT WEST AND PASSED A WALMART OR ENTERED "MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP" THE GPS TOOK YOU THE WRONG WAY]

(It's really easy to get to, its on rt37 in island heights it's like right after a dunkin donuts the very next plaza)

If you guys get hungry there is a Pizza Place and Chinese Place in the same plaza as The Portal Lounge, and a tacobell and wendys like 3mins up the road.

Will be Streamed on: http://www.twitch.tv/PortalLounge

Yeah the turnouts are starting to get better, after a few tournys despite what the owner says, the negative feedback from the all of the good players about the stream was real [its always the people who actually place and have good tech skill who notice the 0.1ms of lag despite it being a pro gaming monitor [i will admit its the best monitor ive ever played smash on but lag does still slightly exist] So unless someone can help give me good advice for setting up a CRT TV Stream [or bring in a stream setup on your laptop or come in early to set it up], like what capture card and such to get, The Stream TV will be optional for the tournaments or just strictly for friendlies. I'm working hard to resolve this issue i just need a job honestly -.-

Rulesets:
Apex Ruleset for Melee
TK Breezy New Stage Ruleset with new norfair For ProjectM
KTAR Smash4 Ruleset
Join Our Local FB Group for Friendlies and Friends around Ocean County, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OCSmashBrosPlayers/

~Time Schedule~
I'm going to attempt to be there around 2-3 to start setting up [I'll try not to be late]
Sign-Ups I usually start doing an hour before the event starts, if you are going to be late, LET ME KNOW (facebook msg pref), and i will try to work with you.
(This is just a General Guideline so we can get everything done, it may not get done at these exact times but it should workout)
2:00-3:00 ~ Set-Up All The Smash Stations and ect. (if you have a setup please try to come early PLEASE)
3:00 - 4:45 ~ Finish Setting Up, Sign Up/Registration, Warm Up Friendlies
6:00 - 7:00 ~ Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1 Tournament (You can still Show up & SignUp for P:M during this time)
7:00-8:00 Smash 3DS 1v1
8:00 - 10:00/10:30 ~ Super Smash Bros Project M Tournaments
Venue closes technically at 2Am if you wanna chill that long.

~Bring a backup setup/melee disc just incase~

Results Page: http://smashboards.com/threads/hype...urdays-full-results-page-toms-river-nj.367049

Last edited:

Rickdaddy

Smash Rookie
If it looks like it will be a good turnout, I will be coming with a few other melee players and I have 2 setups.

Name: Eric C.
TV: 2 (27" and 21")
Wii: 1
Gamecube: 1
Brawl with Complete character Data?: 0
Melee: [Memory Card with all characters unlocked?: ] 1
Project M 3.02?: 1 (I have many SD cards we can use if necessary.
Spare Controllers {mark them please to avoid mix ups}: Have some may or may not bring.

Conti

Smash Ace
There's no age restriction, the thursday night tournaments are aimed for the casuals looking to play and improve, some good players may attend but there will be players of all types of skill coming, so dont worry about it okay? :] Hope u guys can make it :]

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
Name: JFox
TV?: yes(PM only)
Wii?: yes (PM only)
Brawl with Complete character Data?: yes
Melee: [Memory Card with all characters unlocked?: ] nope
Project M 3.02?: yep
Spare Controllers {mark them please to avoid mix ups}: nope

also im bringing a friend.

Name: Drey
No to everything else

goldenlucario456

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sync606
3DS FC
5026-4720-3152
question for pm does it have to be gamecube controllers cause my brother wants to come and he plays pm with a classic controller

project m main

:mewtwopm:
brawl main

:metaknight:
melee mains
:marthmelee::sheikmelee:
64 main
:kirby64:

Last edited:

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
question for pm does it have to be gamecube controllers cause my brother wants to come and he plays pm with a classic controller
Pretty sure u can use whatever controller you want dude. i dont see why that would be a problem since all controllers ever made ever are inferior to the GC controller

=P

Conti

Smash Ace
yeah dude just make sure u keep the wiimote off inbetween matches so it doesnt interfere with other matches, :]

Conti

Smash Ace
Just noteing to everyone the 1st Biweekly was a huge success and GGs to all that came [we had a 25 person turnout], I need to update the OP but dont have the time at the moment. Hope to see you guys July 24! :D

Conti

Smash Ace
This is this thursday! Venue is looking alot more legit tournament by tournament, we are soon going to have our own setups so noone will need to bring anything in. Along with a stream coming soon, and to top it all off I am considering turning this Hyperbolic Smash series into weeklies, What do you guys think?

ThaLite

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThaLite
3DS FC
5043-1490-0526
Name: Lite (Dom)
TV?: 2
Wii?: 2
Brawl with Complete character Data?: 2
Melee + Memory Card with all characters unlocked?: 0
Project M 3.02?: 2
Spare Controllers {mark them please to avoid mix ups}?: 0

ThaLite

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThaLite
3DS FC
5043-1490-0526
Burlington County here. It'll be a great experience to see what you guys have assembled. I hope to do something similar over this way soon. Who knows? Maybe OC and BC can become a force in the future. :]

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey All ^_^ If you are looking to play some Smash today [Melee/P:M] Come check out my weekly series at The Portal Lounge in Toms River, New Jersey,
HYPERBOLIC TIME PORTAL! #3. Happens every Thursday, Turnouts are like 20-30people per event solid. Today we have Inui, DVD and Eggm coming out, Emukiller would have came but cant make it due to time schedules -.- but any other hype players trying to come?

Venue starts around 2-3ish, Melee Singles starts at 5pm, P:M Starts at 7pm [We will be featuring the usual Free Doubles event for PM to warm up for PM Singles which should start around 8pm / Whenever teams finishes up] Casuals and friendlies will also as always happen at random, and if we can finish early for once maybe finally have a crew battle happen.

I've been doing my best to make improvements every week, We still dont got a stream [If anyone knows "Biddy" on FB can u please link me to him he said he would bring a capture card today]

Today should be A lot smoother then last week, I'm making sure of it. Thanks all for reading and look forward to seeing anyone come out.

TPL | ContiBeastMode

https://www.facebook.com/events/1510910075806991

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey All, Conti From The Portal Lounge
Hope everyone's been enjoying their summer of smash! I sure have.
Anyways Smash at Portal has been getting alot better within the past few weeks and im really looking forward to where its going.
*My next few events are in the 1st couple comments if you wanna check it out :D*
The Tournaments have been going a lot faster, finishing before or around 10 [while able to take a 40min break between events for people to get food xP]. Between establishing our own setups one piece at a time [we have 7 Full Setups now, working on more, CRT is in shipment for the 8th, I'm aiming for 9-10 setups]. My girlfriend & best friend running the brackets in a quick and efficient manner. Oh and the custom P:M Character screen with Portal Lounges Logo on it was a pretty neat upgrade [Shoutout to Flic Rair]
People were able to get a lot of friendlies in. All we need is the new chairs to come in [the store is getting new chairs soon], a few more setups, Our own legitimate Stream setup (Eggm Should be coming next Thursday with a stream laptop so hopefully we can actually get this streamed) and a couple other minor changes, and i really think we have a good place in southish/centralish jersey to play smash.
We have our Monthly Saturday event ($10venue, $10per tourny) going on in about a week or so, last event we had 49 in the venue with 27 for Melee, 29 for P:M, which wasn't bad. We had Boss, Lawnchair, Inui, DVD, Xzax, Vex, Chibo and a bunch of other players for P:M. Who's Coming this time? Definitely check it out, [I really hope we can get a stream for this, not sure if eggm is coming, if you could bring one please contact me]

This Months Monthly:https://www.facebook.com/events/902570373092709/

Next Thursday is my next Hyperbolic Time Portal if you wanna practice up for Saturday. All events are posted in the first few comments so people have some notice. Thanks for Reading
~ TPL | ContiBeastMode

Next two Weeklies
8/14 - https://www.facebook.com/events/815290231822972/
8/21 - https://www.facebook.com/events/559730420815875/

Next Months Monthly
9/20 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1453336838270814/

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey All 2 Day Reminder as usual
Hyperbolic Time Portal is Actually going to have a Stream this Thursday, I'm quite excited [Shoutout to Eggm for bringing a stream setup for this event].
Things are getting better and better every week lately.
Weeklys are staying 20-30strong for P:M every week [Melee players need to come hype Portal up! Come thru ] and people really like the changes so we are keeping it the same way. [1v1 events 1st, then if people wanna stick around for some friendlies 2v2s or whatever we can do so afterwards so that way people who dont have the time can go home and space opens up for more free play].
Looking Forward to Smashing with you guys this thursday.
Thanks
~ TPL | ContiBeastMode

https://www.facebook.com/events/815290231822972

Conti

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
This is Tonight :] Venue Opens at 3pm, Melee at 6pm, P:M at 8pm, Venue closes at 2am for anyone who likes late night friendlies.
We are also going to be Featuring Smash4 Launch side event tonight for anyone whom has a Japanese 3DS and comes thru [Free/$5Event whatever you guys want]. I already have one or 2 people coming with Smash4 today so I'm hoping people whom are interested can come out tonight. We will also be featuring popular Twitch Streams of Smash4 on a large HDTV all night long for people who dont wanna miss out and all the new footage and gameplay. { Streams Like Zero, NAKAT, Keitaro, Xzax, Denti and whatever else pops up on my FB Feed xD}
Please come thru and Support The Portal Lounge, I want this place to survive and I'm really worried about our financial situation.
Thanks All ~ TPL | ContiBeastMode

https://www.facebook.com/events/700526413361867/

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah its fun, we are switching over to Saturday weeklys after today, but check us out today if you'd like!

Today Is Our Last "HyperBolic Time Portal" Event before we switch to weekly "Portal Smash Saturdays" {Better Turnouts For School Season it seems[link on event page]}. Which will be Starting up Tomorrow.
Twitch Live Stream is Linked on The Event Page (Will be Streaming Melee/Project:M)
Super Smash Bros Melee / Project M / 3DS 1v1 Events & Friendlies
Venue Starts at 4pm, Melee at 6pm, Smash3DS at 7pm, Project:M at 8pm
$5Venue - $5 Per 1v1 Event
Thanks For Reading And Come Check us Out Today/Tomorrow
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/1484473778498192/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You Cant Make It Out Today Come Check Us Out Tommorrow!
"Portal Smash Saturdays" {Better Turnouts For School Season it seems} are now going weekly! Which will be Starting up Tomorrow. Oct 11th,
Twitch Live Stream is Linked on The Event Page (Will be Streaming Melee/Project:M)
Super Smash Bros Melee / Project M / 3DS 1v1 Events & Friendlies (Possible 2v2 P:M/Smash3DS)
Venue Starts at 12pm, Melee at 2pm, Project:M at 4pm, Smash3DS at 6pm,
$10Venue - $10 Per 1v1 Event
Thanks For Reading And Come Check Us Out Today/Tomorrow
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/1450321621855201/?ref=4
http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...es-7-streamed-melee-p-m-toms-river-nj.352795/

Last edited:
Top Bottom