• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocean beats mewtwoking

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
2G in size is going to take another 12 hours at least to upload. dumb youtube being slow

sneakytako

Smash Lord
=[ our set was pretty close...
U were playing a lot better the second game, but Ocean's spacing was too good.

Grabbing is the best option out of glide toss, do you see how it forces shield and beats it? Also it creates this huge length of the stage where grab can hit, more people need to do this.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
That was beautiful. I could kinda tell the crowd was getting to M2K at the end, he just jumped into an obvious nair. Oh well.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bees, sorry to hear that you had your heart broken, but at least by the law of ROB heartbreak you shall be awesome now.

I'm about to watch the vid.

Edit: Watched the first 7 min of vid and concluded M2K didn't know the MU as well. Ocean did well and it's pretty impressive, but it's clear M2K needs to practice against if he wants to win. glided a lot early on = free laser hits and gyro charge. didn't up-b or tornado a lot of times it would have been safe and punished, ect.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I really feel like it was a pressure thing. I've played M2K before and it seemed he knew when to punish then. Japanese players generally have nerves of steel it seems and I believe that factored in the most. I saw quite a few mistakes on OCEAN's end too.

8Bitman

Smash Master
It really isn't as impressive to me as when I first heard it happened.

M2K is awful at the R.O.B MU, and all OCEAN does is fight amazing MK's in Japan. It is impressive but not that great. This justifies why Ally ***** him later on... He has had Holy his whole Brawl career to practice off of.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I think people are forgetting that this is an international contender, not your everyday metaknight

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Why of course, but he still lost did he not? I am just saying, a MK is a MK, whether he knows the MU or not. In this case it was a great MK who didn't know the R.O.B MU, just saying.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
What I'm getting at is, this is, and probably will remain, overhwhelmingly impressive throughout my Brawl career.

Exdeath

Smash Master
OCEAN lost to Kakera's :popo: and ADHD's :diddy:. He beat the :metaknight:s that he ran into in tournament (this includes TB).

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Pretty sure Kakera went MK, but OCEAN fought well. He's taken sets off his MK before. I do know that right after OCEAN lost to ADHD, he went and just collapsed on some chairs and tried to sleep. He did the same after beating M2K tired. Not trying to john for him, but the poor beepo was wore out it seemed.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I asked Ocean to MM me and he refused =l
I want to MM him soooooooo bad. I love R.O.B dittos. :3

Plus it's OCEAN. ^.^

EDIT: Ally, if we ever meet at a tourney, I really want to $5 or $10 MM your Snake. :3

Top Bottom