• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocean beats mewtwoking

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
SSYHCDYGCSDIIVVFFUBDDHXDHDGDVNCSCHKUTRWDHBDJKCSSSGBJVZGJXFHFSSSRHVXSJBFJJYSHIOLBDEYIJ

i cried

:phone:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I mean, I'm already sticky from the huge mess OCEAN made me make.
Inappropriate? Blame OCEAN

<fanbot3

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
Can´t wait to see that set, I hope that it was recorded! It´s a pity that it wasn´t streamed T__T

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I gave my ROB button to OCEAN after he won.

Then I went to buy another and found that they were all gone :/

Well deserved.

Though honestly it doesn't change the ROB v MK matchup lol

well yeah it doesn't change the matchup. It's just one win in a sea (ocean?) of losses... but it still gives us hope.

8Bitman

Smash Master
OMFG THAT IS SOO LEGIT!!!!! <3 T^T <3 I would have wanted to be in that picture Eric. T^T

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ocean is godlike but please dont use this as an example when talking about robs viability, when the matches come out you will see what i mean. m2k played ******** and doesnt know the match up at all

8Bitman

Smash Master
M2K stopped caring, he used to be great, now he is just..... Good....

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well between having my heart broken and hearing the news. I am entirely back to ROB now and Brawl. Apex in generally was very inspiring. As for the negativity. Who cares if ROB isn't viable by your standard? Ocean plays him and has passion for the character as well as the game. I think we can learn from him greatly and that our metagame is lacking quite a bit.

Bees!

Smash Ace
<3 Mister Eric.
I guess we aren't going to go off a deep end thinking things like "OH MAH GAWD! OCEEEEN BEAT A MOOTOOKINEH DERP A DERP! ROB CAN DO ANYTHING AND THAT MU AINT BAD AT ALL."
nope.
At the very least we can re-evaluate how we approach ROB, play ROB and ultimately the game itself. The entire Apex showed that.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just goes to show if you want to beat m2k, play like a Japanese player (has m2k ever won vs a Japanese player?)
Who were all the players Ocean went up against?
I'm also interested in how the rest of the R.O.B.s did as well (and sad Chibo & Ocean's MM didn't happen).

Bees!

Smash Ace
Just goes to show if you want to beat m2k, play like a Japanese player (has m2k ever won vs a Japanese player?)
Who were all the players Ocean went up against?
I'm also interested in how the rest of the R.O.B.s did as well (and sad Chibo & Ocean's MM didn't happen).
I lol'd at the question. and I am not sure if he has.

Ocean also beat Tearbear and Will in pools. I am pretty sure he beat an ICs in Bracket and I know for a fact he beat Mr. R

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
OCEAN's losses were against Kakera (who, even tho played like he knew the ROB MU, still had trouble putting down OCEAN imo), and ADHD who 3 stocked him both games.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the game is being uploaded now. get hyped

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tbh Ocean didn't really do anything special or different that Japanese players do that we don't. He did everything we do, though did it with such precision and was constantly on point. He did a couple gyro mix ups that I've already stolen though and used to win some MMs after I saw him use them vs M2K lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
His gyro mixups were the only thing I've seen him do that NA ROBs never really did, everything else was just him being a smart player and using his tools very intelligently

:phone:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
He's basically done the same gyro mix ups that he does in his videos...
I do all but one lol consistently.

Top Bottom