• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC #7: Smash Addicts Anonymous - March 20th, 2010 - Arcade Legends

clowsui

Smash Legend
clowsui, Infern Angelis and Arcade Legends present OC #7: Smash Addicts Anonymous

It's difficult to admit to serious problems. But Smash Addicts Anonymous can help you free yourself of your addiction...and you won't even have to stop playing the game! The first step to curing yourself is to recognize how deep the problem goes. Smash Addicts Anonymous will help you do just that by exposing to yourself just how fierce your competitive drive is for Smash. It'll be difficult, no doubt - elimination pools, double elimination brackets, a tight schedule - but it's okay. We're here for you.

For anyone who hasn't been to AL before, Arcade Legends is an amazing arcade chock full of classics such as X-Men, Street Fighter II The World Championship, Initial D, Judge Dredd (pinball), Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Area 51 Site 4, Captain Commando and MANY MORE GAMES. It's also pretty awesome in general.

Schedule

Pre-registration is highly appreciated. Please do so by posting here with your name, events participating and what equipment you can bring. Thank you.
AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8510

10:00-11:30 Registration
Notes: Registration is for BOTH REHABILITATION PROGRAMS! Friendlies will NOT be played during this period of time unless a TV is called open. The open-ness of TVs will be announced as more and more people register. The more people that register, the more TVs that are open. There are plenty of arcade machines for you to enjoy yourself on if you are one of the first to register. If people PRE-REGISTER then friendlies will be available very very very quickly.
11:30-12:00 DOUBLES BRACKET CREATION
Notes: Don't touch the laptop during this time. Only individuals approved by Infern and I can fiddle around with the bracket, aside from ourselves of course. Pre-approved individuals include Nope, Lou, OS, aZ and Hilt.
12:00-3:30 Doubles Bracket
Notes: Although this is doubles please note that you should get to your matches as soon as they are announced.
During the doubles bracket, the following things will be occurring:
2:30-3:15 Lunch Break
3:15-3:30 Last minute Singles registration
Singles pools will be created during the whole time of doubles. This will spare us a LOT of time, and it is why registration is being done for both singles and doubles.
3:30 - 5:15 Singles Pools
Notes: I suggest that you play a maximum of two of your pool matches before you switch off. This keeps things moving fast and allows everybody equal time. Finish your pool as quick as possible please! I also need friendlies and MMs to NOT be randomly occurring at this time, you are liable to be DQ'd if I warn you and you don't cease to resist.
5:15 - 6:00 Singles Bracket Creation
Notes: If you need a bite for dinner, grab one now. I don't care if you're not hungry then, you can just save it for later.
6:00 - 12:00 Singles Bracket
Notes: You know the drill. No friendlies and MMs during this time unless announced that certain TVs are opened for free play. This is where things get serious.
Any extra time will be spent doing either crew battles, a lightning brawl side event with single elimination, $2 entry and 50% of the pot being donated to a charity of the winner's choice, or something that the masses suggest.
Stage List

Starters
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Battlefield
-Lylat Cruise
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks
-Castle Siege
-Delfino
-Pictochat
-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Luigi's Mansion
-Norfair
-Pokemon Stadium 2

Payouts, Entry Fees
With $5:
You can enter the venue...if you bring a setup, that is.
With $10:
You can enter the venue...if you don't have a setup.
With $20:
If you don't have a setup, you can enter the venue and enter one rehab program (Singles or Doubles).
With $30:
If you don't have a setup, you can enter the venue and participate in both programs. Sweet!
With $40:
You can enter the venue, participate in both programs and probably get food for yourself.
With $50:
You can pay for gas money if you're coming from far away, enter the venue, take part in both programs and get food for yourself. What a deal!

Payouts
Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

*1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of singles will also get a free venue pass for the next time they come to Arcade Legends, meaning they will not have to pay a venue fee for next time they come!

Address + Contact Information
Arcade Legends
5951 Boymel Drive Fairfield, OH 45014-5638
(513) 874-8766
It's in a strip mall. The place looks rather small on the outside...the strip mall should have red roofs and kind of orangish buildings iirc.

Infern's Cell: 513-276-6600
clowsui's Cell: 513-206-0500
Food
There's a lot places including McDonalds, Subway and Pizza Hut all within walking distance. There are also places within driving distance.

Housing

Information later.

Fine Print
-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)
-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.
-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
-Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.
-Stage selection will be done using the stage striking procedure for the first game, followed by the traditional counterpick method (one stage ban, winner picks character, loser picks character).
Note: Arcade Legends may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Patient List, Programs Participating:
clowsui - S+D
Infern Angelis - S+D
Hilt - S+D
cr4sh - S+D
Steel Samurai - S+D
Today - S
Composer - S (AiB)
Peppywil - S (AiB)
AlphaZealot - S+D (AiB)
Excel - S+D
Lou - S+D (AiB)
LoZ - S (AiB)
Sai - S (AiB)
Smash64 - S+D (AiB)
Y.b.M. - S+D (AiB)
Airborne - S+D
VaMP - S+D
Kiest - S+D
SoulPech - S+D
SneakyTako - S+D
TGM - S+D
PickRandom - S+D
TOTAL: 22
SINGLES: 22
DOUBLES: 17

TVs:
1-6. Arcade Legends
7. cr4sh
8. Sai
9. Kiest
10. OUGA Alum
----
11. SoulPech

Wiis:
1-4. Arcade Legends.
5. cr4sh
6. Today
7. Steel Samurai
8. Sai
9. Airborne
10. Kiest
11. OUGA Alum
---
12. SoulPech

People who get discounts::
1. cr4sh
2. Today
3. Steel Samurai
4. Sai
5. Airborne
6. Kiest
7. OUGA Alum

Extra setups are encouraged in case we have more room, or if someone leaves in the middle.

King~

Smash Champion
1. fixed
2. aww comeon why is bf and SV on, geez talk about messed up C/Ps i hope no one ever takes me there since i dont practice em ever cause there never on.

3. maybe in attendance, depends on ride, and intrest from up here

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll see what I can do.

Basically, if people around me go, I might go.

Unfortunately, if I come. No money for anybody else =D

clowsui

Smash Legend
oh yeah, I forgot to mention this:

ATTENTION EVERYBODY:

Last time we had a problem with setups and discounts because people who didn't even bring a setup thought they got the discount OR people who brought their setups that weren't used thought they got a discount.

IF YOU BRING ANY PART OF A SETUP - TV, WII, OR BOTH - AND IT IS EMPLOYED FOR REHABILITATION USAGE, YOUR VENUE FEE BECOMES HALVED.

Extra setups are encouraged for everybody's enjoyment - it's always good to have more because you can just leave that **** in the car or we can just leave it in a safe place at the venue, ready to be used if someone leaves early or if one breaks down.

I've posted this early so that nobody can complain about this.

If you're planning on leaving early or thinking that you're going to leave early then don't confirm your setup, because the policy is that if we end up replacing a missing setup then the person who replaced it won't get 5$ refund.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
The discount is also for those who just bring the Wii setup as well. Pretty much anyone who is on the list and is staying for the duration of the tournament, gets the half price admission. Sorry I didn't make that clear Chi

Kel

Smash Master
Why did you schedule it that day in the first place? Was no other date available?

I mean, you would still probably get more people than A + G, but I know M2K said he was going to A+G, Kassandra wants to, and specifically for me there is a smash tournament AND a DDR tournament. So I'm pretty set on A+G

clowsui

Smash Legend
I scheduled it that day because the only other option that weekend was NO KOAST, and 25$ venue fee for an alternate option isn't very attractive for anybody traveling.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I'm fine with missing A&G Ohio. XD I went last year, and I know some of the people there. It wasn't exactly the best con. If all maybe the worst I've been to. And the conchair is really immature and all got drunk Saturday and a lot of issues happened that involved the ambulance. >__<;; So it's kind of a love/hate thing. There were no activities really and everyone just sat around all weekend. It may be better this year, but nn. XD If there is a tournament that weekend then I'm willing to go to this > A&G!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh man is there any possibility of this being rescheduled to March 6th? I can probably make it if it's on the 13th but I have a MUCH better shot with the 6th.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
Seven neutrals are sexier than five. :3

Might see if I can hitch a ride with Louisville to this.
Is there a Third Strike machine here?
If I can locate a board before March, which is likely, there will be a 3s cab. I'm actually wiring a new Showcase cab for it right now. All Japanese parts. 3s boards are rarely up for sale, but I think I should be able to get one.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Might come, depending what else develops up until the beginning of March or so. I'll post then to confirm for certain if I will.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
aaaaand that's the same day as Baro's.
Ya know what, I guess it's almost a good thing that we're having trouble finding open weekends for tournaments... means we're working our *** off trying to play and get better.
Ohio's steppin' it up big time.

Top Bottom