• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4 (by Chronobound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you people ever think that people want Roy back because FE6 is REALLY good? You know... The same reasoning a lot of people use for Chrom.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I would like if Roy returned. He was always chosen over Marth in Melee for me. It is rather amazing that Roy is almost as wanted as the great Mewtwo.

Of course the question of if either's popularity will get them back remains to be answered.
I would be very very surprised if Mewtwo wasn't put back in. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Roy is left out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't the reasoning for Chrom more that Awakening is really popular, rather than good? It's the game that saved the franchise.
They are both popular. In Japan, FE6 is considered one of the best.

They both saved the franchise though.

FE6 was the first game in years. It was the revival of the series.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
If Roy returns I want him to get a remake or at least they could officially translate his game and put in on the e-shop.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
They are both popular. In Japan, FE6 is considered one of the best.

They both saved the franchise though.

FE6 was the first game in years. It was the revival of the series.
Yeah, I do believe FE6 is high up in terms of GBA game sales in Japan (my sources are saved on another computer. Gonna see if I could accesses them later).

And it was a while until FE6. There was a planned FE game for the 64DD, but got cancelled. And I don't think we know how far it was into development, if it got any development at all. Not only that, but the creator and developer of FE, Shouzou Kaga, left after Thracia 776. The FE5 --> FE6 transition was pretty big and I do think we're seeing something similar with Awakening in terms of the games being more accessible and the audience being widened.

I do hope that FE6 will get a remake if Roy returns, though. Thanks to Melee he has some exposure in the West, and higher-ups at IS did express interest in a remake. We'll see I guess, I don't want to keep my expectations high when it comes to these things.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Bumping, now that they got reveiled, how did the japanese react to our newcomers?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This needs to be brought to the front every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom