• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obscure Drill Rush Tech

RatLordling

Smash Rookie
So, I've always known about the tech where drill rush spikes, like most other Metaknight mains. I've only now decided to put time into messing around with this tech, and have found some (viable?) interesting information. You can both spike your opponent and live. If you hold down at a very specific time after drill rush, Metaknight will both bounce off the opponent, but also spike the opponent. Sometimes the spike kills at 0 (I have been experimenting with Lucina) and sometimes it's a reasonable spike, not killing at 0.

I have figured out that the most optimal way for drill rush to spike and for Metaknight to live is to get the opponent into the attack a quarters way~ from when the attack ends. Then, drag them straight for like half a second~, and then start holding straight down. This kills the opponent at 0 (usually) and lets Metaknight pop up back onto stage.

I've tested this method with the opponent at the ledge and this tech is rather consistent to either get the spike, or the spike and recover. Do any other Metaknight mains know how to make this any more consistent? The spike and living technique? I would love to style on some opponents with this tech. If you could get this tech to be 100% consistent, there's a chance it might be viable.

Overall, this tech is just really fun and I hope someone out there knows how to make it consistent, the spike and living technique, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could teach the technique to me. If anyone has questions, I am willing to answer.

Top Bottom