• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok can we get the scum chat I forgot to ask

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It is but I suggest against anyone role claiming without any reason. Basically if you don't have any conclusive results, no reason to claim on Day 1, or pre-maturely at all. If a person claims their role they'll be vulnerable to scum night killing them if they are a threat to scum. I'm hoping you know that much but I actually can't be that sure because Mamboo. :awesome:
By the way, this was me breadloafing my flavor name. :b:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late shoutouts.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I really enjoyed playing with you and you played a valuable role. Mafia is never "unnecessarily" complicated. The nature of the game is to try to think one level more complex than your opponent. So when you have a bunch of good players it gets complex. That said, I think you don't have a lot of experience with endgame. Once we are close to LYLO we don't have time for an "informational flip" so every townie needs to show they are town. So no more lies for reactions. Also, you should thank whoever made you promise to not self hammer. That literally won us the game.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja You have a good try at pulling out of the nose dive. I wish I'd realized scum were the quiet pushers of your wagon. Classic scum move and we all missed it.

Z25 Z25 You are a very intuitive player. I can understand why my weird play style pinged you. Hopefully we can work together better next game.

I'd like to point out that LaserGuy's D1 silliness did in fact cause a weird reaction in scum. The one person who I picked out was Jackrito, I regret not holding onto that thread.

Jackrito Jackrito You played a very solid game. 2 scum vs 9 town is stacked against scum. Getting three misslynches is usually enough to win the game. I've got specific suggestions if you want to pick apart the whole game but I know you aren't in the mood now.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Solid scum game as well. I'm glad you were taken out for your actions not your activity levels. I think you let your vote related power influence your actions too much. I wonder how you've explained that if you hadn't gotten full-bodied day three anyway.

Sabrar Sabrar It was great to play with you again, hopefully next time I don't screw up the handshake protocol. Although now that we're too self aware about it probably doesn't work. We'll have to see next game how it shakes out.

Maven89 Maven89 thanks for trying to make it work man. I look forward to playing with you in a nice small game sometime.

Pythag Pythag I really appreciate the high quality of your posts. You say a lot without posting too much. Your day one take on UP is a big part of what kept me open minded to reconsider him day two.

Wiisp Wiisp Sorry, not sorry, I caused you so much stress. I think you made a lot of good calls, which ended up winning us the game. Including lynching me, but I wish you had let me give final insight before being sent off. In Mafia it's not only yourself you can trust, you can also trust dead players.

ranmaru ranmaru your style is frustrating but that doesn't mean it's wrong. It's actually very helpful for the reasons you said, forcing players to commit to seemingly real wagons gives us something real to analyze later. But there's a limit to how much you can do in one day. When you're changing wagon direction more often than some people post they can easily skip commitment, or confidently feign commitment, knowing you will switch again soon. I think you want to aim for 2 to 3 serious wagons or pairs of wagons a day. It's funny that we both had secret suspicion of Saber and that's why his wagon took off so fast. I never did do the full vote analysis because I started doing it day three and then Laser self hammered. After that I should have known Jackrito was the partner, but I got too wrapped up in UP's shenanigans.

Pokechu Pokechu You did an amazing job of subbing in. Thanks for playing so much effort in to catching up ASAP. And, of course, high-five on the clutch final call.

Xivii Xivii very clever setup I like it a lot. Although I think I would have figured out the gifter had to be scum. I think you could have gotten everything as just Day abilities and night abilities, but whatever. I do think two scum and nine town is hard for scum and I would have put one anti-town non-killing indie. I can't believe you came up with so many weird token combos.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
breadcrumbing is supposed to b about subtlety, laying down information in a discreet manner. to breadloaf is a play on that because its instead hiting someone over the head with it. like outright saying your name at the end of the post

ran is...not the most subtle player. lol

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't get it...
At first I didn't get it either LMAO

But Ran's flavor was Mamboo

From page 63

"Hello Ranmaru, you are Mamboo07 (SmashBoards), Town Very Indecisive [Unique] Fruit Vending Thief! "

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
At first I didn't get it either LMAO

But Ran's flavor was Mamboo

From page 63

"Hello Ranmaru, you are Mamboo07 (SmashBoards), Town Very Indecisive [Unique] Fruit Vending Thief! "
Also I am not sure about this but I am assuming that Mamboo07 Mamboo07 is someone who made claims without actually having conclusive results

such as maybe fakeclaiming cop and a guilty on someone. But I'm not sure!

ranmaru ranmaru input?

also

Xivii Xivii scum chum chat when? invite or get ban :mad:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mambo claimed seer for no reason day one lmao. Thanks to him, the game re-rolled and I was no longer the sorcerer.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Ah, got you, I was focusing on the underlined part. I guess I totally missed it because I have no idea who any of these people are.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't really get to play with everyone for more than a day, but here goes :

Pokechu - Super clutch game dude. Were i in your situation I think I would've lynched UP. I like that you're not afraid of gambits! That's twice I've seen you pull out a win! Thanks for subbing in.

Jackrito - Very calm and collected from what I could see. Well played, you almost won in a very difficult game.

UP - that's twice in a row not scum. How long can the streak last??

3DS - I appreciate you not giving up, I'm sorry I voted for you, I should stuck to my initial reasoning that you were just a new town. Hopefully it was a learning experience. I'm glad you played!

Boom - Thanks for playing boom. Your posts were hard to read from a meta standpoint, but always had good reasoning. It made it super difficult for me to read you. gg!

Z25 - Sorry I was gunning so hard for you early on! you did play well though, and rebuffed all my attempts, at that point I just should've turned on LG.

Sabrar - Man you really got the short end of the stick. After Wiisp's claim there's no way I would've voted for you.

Wiisp - Dude your way of looking at the game is so interesting because it's so counter to mine. Your posts always are insightful and catch me off guard. Good stuff.

Ran - Always fun, man. I'll work on convincing you next time!

Maven - Thanks for carrying me to the finish line as per usual.

Xivii - Thanks for hosting! was a super different setup than I'm used to, it was curious watching the whole thing play out.

To all the new people : Thanks for coming and playing! It was fun playing with new faces.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bit late but shout outs:

Ran: Played a very strong town game. You definitely had great points but the roller coaster of switching was something lol. Still was a lot of fun playing with you.

Wiisp: Early game I was unsure of your slot, but I really liked your later posts. Some of them were really funny and had great points.

UP: We've already talked a bit about your slot, but despite the rough patches, you had some solid suspicions on Jack and with a better start you could have probably hit scum pretty hard. You see did well in the end, just stick to your convictions even more and you'll do good!

Pokechu: Was pretty fun playing with town Chu again! Like Up you had some good points for solving in the last phase and I'm glad you both reevaluated last phase to get scum Jack.

Sabrar: Sorry it wound up with a quick turnaround lynch on your slot. Still you played pretty well so don't feel discouraged. You had a lot of well thought out posts and played a solid game.

3ds: There were a lot of mistakes day one, but I'm glad to see you joining in future games as that will definitely help in adjusting to the new setups here.

Pythag: You were doing good early game, would have been fun if you lived pass day one to see where your thoughts would go.

Boom: It sucks that it was hard for people to adjust to your meta here, but I think you were doing fine. You had pretty good survival tactics and definitely know what your doing. IF you stick around, you'll be a strong player in these games!

Maven: you swapped out early, so there isn't much to say here, but your replacement did your slot justice!

Laser: You had strong text walls with points but the whole neighborhood thing kinda of played against you a lot. Still you can play a good game! Hope to see you in future games.

Jack: You were a very tough scum to compete against. You made good night kill plays and your role definitely shook things up a bit. It got close but your slot was still questioned a lot earlier in the game raising the doubt. Still you held your ground well and were pretty close to fooling all of us. Well played!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Uh, Pokechu are you able to add the rest? There seems to be a limit on the number I can add (These admin powers are weak).

Remaining
Sabrar
Ranmaru
Z25
BoomFrog
#HBC | marshy
#HBC | Kary
bessie
giraffelasergun

Top Bottom