• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Green Room

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, I'm wrong again. Back to UP Z Jack. There is one camp that is [Boom Sabrar] that doesn't seem to want to make extra effort to solve, which seems like Scum who can't paint others as scum, while we have another camp [Z, Jack] trying to blend in, follow me, and generally be hedgy. I hate having to constantly flip reads here. I'm planning on lynching UP, since it is the safest move. Yet I won't declare Z and Jack as scum. I will use my track on them, and they should keep me alive because I don't have them in my scum reads. Tracking Z, since if they are the team, Jack won't expose himself is my prediction. Jeez, I have to re-read again. Not lynching Boom might be a slight game throw, and I apologize if it is. Yet I feel if I'm wrong on Boom, it's a major game throw.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I track Z. I think it's possible I can die tonight, but probably not yet. I think Pythag's death was made so that I can push towards Boom today, and Pythag's death implicates Boom and Z. I would be more open to speaking out against Z and Jack but, UP has pretty much damned himself. So it's better I push UP today in hopes I live to the next day. Regardless of my Track result, I have to push Z and Jack tomorrow. Or simply Z, to see how Jack responds. Night 3 I might actually die. I have no doubt about Wisp anymore. I have to convince him that he's wrong abut Jack before it's too late, tomorrow though. I wanted to save my Track, and that usually is the case. But I'm top town and may die eventually.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dang it Ran, I was killed because I was the most inconsequential!

I didn't push anyone,
I didn't have any strong opinions.
Don't base so much off of my death!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, I was thinking. Instead of tracking Z, I could watch Laser. Since Pythag died Night one, the trend might continue. A kill that doesn't open up the game too far, yet also protects the scum team's interests. If I'm right on Z and Jack, then he would be a prime kill, while keeping me and wisp in the game, who would be pocketed successfully. Sure, Pokechu is scum reading Jack, but Pokechu is in less of a good position than Laser right now. I Also predict that there isn't an investigative or protective, but an inventor like role, that sends out tokens. I got a tracker/watcher token. Wisp got another. It's possible scum sent that out to pocket Wisp and myself. Anyway, I think Laser is a likely kill. Jack isn't a pusher, nor is Z. So keeping myself and Wisp alive is important. Wisp is a second alternative, but he's also way off too, so it's not really good to off him. Sure, the [Boom,Sabrar] team could also kill Pythag to keep the status quo, I need to think on that more. But UP dies first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom you silly goose. I think he's town who thinks UP is now town and has had paranoia about my slot and I gave him an inch due to this. Damn it all, I see no problem with ending the day early. I'm going to continue pushing up, because this makes sense more with Boom being uninformed and doing a crazy play. Oh well. I may have to out my secret scum read on Z and Jack. Maybe. Idk. I impulsively let that token information out. Oop. I've been generally playing without read explanation because I wanted to keep myself alive longer. The team has to be Jack Z UP. It has to be. It has to be. It has to be. It has to be. It has to be. It has to beeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm giving LaserGuy the benefit of doubt here because this vagueness is extremely uncharacteristic of him. It might be another test to see either my reaction or if anyone else would jump at the opportunity. But he shouldn't have done it on the last day with his posting opportunities limited as he might not be around to explain it.
Or I'm overthinking again and he's just scum. :joyful:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Holy **** this game is intense. Such a high density of pro players. No matter the result I am having a ton of fun. If UP is scum and I've just faceplanted I will be very embarassed. I've done it before in WheelOfTimeIII where I argued vehimently that the 2nd claimed cop was ligit but it was just scum sowing chaos. Uggggh....

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
LaserGuy  said:
Hopefully #2151 doesn't completely blow up in my face.
Pokechu  said:
Do you agree that #2,151 wasn't a good post?
Sabrar  said:
I have an idea about #2151. If it's true then it was a fantastic post because it generated exactly the kind of response that LaserGuy was fishing for. If it's not true then I officially know nothing about nothing because that 'reasoning' from LaserGuy was just so uncharacteristic for him, I simply cannot see it.

Yes, I'm confident that UP is scum. I'm now also confident that Boom is scum. Out of the two Boom is more dangerous, that's why we lynch him first.

I didn't have the time for the last part because we struggle with some pretty urgent deadlines today. I will think about this evening.
BoomFrog  said:
Just reread lasers 2151, I'm confident he's sincere.
Heh, good stuff.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm throwing this out of my ass but what will be really funny is if [Boom, Laser, UP] are the team and we cornered them. I'm afraid town might lose though due to this. Since, I feel Boom and Laser might be town, while Jack and Z have been trying to convince me on Boom over UP. Z has had static reads the whole game. Man idk.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
How the tables turn! I had Poy vs Sab and Jack vs Laser each as TvS. Had Poy and Laser pegged as town but now I'm slowly flipping them to scum.....

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game is absolute mayhem

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
What a crazy end of day
I don’t even know anyone’s alignment and it feels but there’s been so many wagon changes in the past 24 hours

Also, day 1 was ~1280 posts, and depending on how the next 5 minutes go they could pass that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the town got out the powerrole. That wasn't me! That was the town. Them five on the mislynch wagon, poster being held up by laser with neon lights flashing "I'M SCUM" mhmm they killed a PR that wasn't me. they asked Boom vs Sab who I'm killing who I'm saving and I said it was in god's hands, and in god's hands, there it was!!!!

LMAO :joyful:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well now. Now I have no real idea of where to go am feel we may lose now. It's probably likely there are only two scum and that is what is throwing us off. I'm stealing from wisp and tracking Z. I'm not putting any further thought until the night kill.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I think I had pretty good reads until people started accusing me for BS reasons and I got emotional.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Goshfrickindarnit BoomFrog. Sabrar's alignment should be as transparent to you as Ran's is to Zen.

If I were playing I would be very suspicious of LaserGuy...:glare:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry Sabrar I game throwed

Sabrar

Smash Ace
To Wiisp after the game: Why I didn't claim my role

My role is useless and non-verifiable if we do not have a Doc or other protection because we will never have an even number of players and there was no sign of such a role. Therefore it is an easy fake-claim, plus anyone could have accused me that I was only trying to bait out the protective role to claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also to Wisp:

Sorry you were still my town read I just stole your item to give you a fruit! XD I am very sorry. I was focused on the fruit aspect of my role but I cant give fruit with out stealing. I needed to give it to town so they can confirm it for me. Yes, I am aware I was top town. Yet I did it to play my role correctly. I didn't expect to die this early. My reads have been way off anyway. So I am glad I died. Sorry I stole your token and died with it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thinking again, it seems like Boom and UP won't be considered as hard, so maybe town might have a chance at nabbing scum today. Maybe. Also lol sorry Pythag for analyzing your death. As you can see I am constantly thinking about this game.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
let's just turbo lynch poyzin

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Huh... we were specifically promised no jesters so I'm curious what LaserGuy's flip will be. Anyway congratulations on apparently achieving his goal perfectly. I'm glad "BoomFrog" is successful even if BoomFrog isn't.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I actually don't remember UP voting....

still gon gank him tho

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why would LG hammer himself???

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had a dream that day broke again with me being able to post once more only. I asked Zen how much time I had to spend on it. Then other stuff happened. I then woke up after more stuff happened.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Oh, nevermind, apparently go team. So, sure thing Jack is scum, and Jack will push me toMorrow. Go team!

LaserGuy LaserGuy , I'm sure some of your motivation was lack of RL time and wanting to prevent your buddy from having to do the bussing dance. But usually the early push is not lynched at the end if the day. I think you had decent odds at getting me lynched.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Because his partner is well hidden and has a power that they think they can win with tomorrow?
Giving scum an ability with which they can win outside LYLO is pretty b*a*s*t*a*r*d in my book.

Also stupid censor.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I ****ing called it! That emoji nonsense is the exact type of play scum would make just like Nabe faking silencer very wrong. On top of the scum in the neighborhood. Plus Ran’s death definitely pinged me as influenced by my neighborhood chat with Laser the night before.
1588482773612.jpeg

Didn’t even notice that they got hammered( I was making a post for them and a boom connection possibly.) but Laser fit very well in teams so the early end wasn’t bad. Glad it worked out.

Also Ran’s train of thought in this thread is a interesting read for getting inside their thoughts in future games

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP seems like the lynch, and then Pokechu may probably be killed. This will force a jack / wisp / boom. I say then it's 50 / 50 because wisp has noticed a few things but they mostly trust in their meta read on Jack rn.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
BoomFrog is basically right about my reasons for self hammer. Six months ago when my time was more flexible I probably would have given it a go, but the thread is too fast and my time is too tight to deal with multiple players tunneling me at once.

Z25 Z25
The emoji thing was always NAI. I was planning on doing it if I had been Town, for exactly the reasons I outlined in thread, so I went ahead and did it anyway despite being mafia. I might have kept it up longer as Town if anything.

We were limited on choices for N2 kill. Ran was basically our only good option. I would have preferred to keep him alive if we could have. I don't believe he ever would have been lynched though, and I think BoomFrog would have been very suspicious if I had been trying to push in that drection.

bessie bessie
Hi bessie! Sorry to hear you were sick. Would have love to have played with you this game... except you would have probably busted me on D1 :p

Sabrar Sabrar
Was fun playing with you again :) Sorry about lynching you there. I actually wasn't expecting it to go through at all.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar
Was fun playing with you again :) Sorry about lynching you there. I actually wasn't expecting it to go through at all.
My fault. I should have realized you were scum after you continued with it as I don't think town!you would ever make the same 'case'. I was just too focused on BF.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not mad, believe me. I'm not mad. Don't get it turnt cause I'm NOT mad!!! I'm not mad

Top Bottom