• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Green Room

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm NOT mad!!! I don't know why people keep telling me I'm MAD! Because I'm NOT mad!!! they keep on getting it twisted!!

if my cat wasn't here idk what i'd do

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
my cat not here no mo I let him out so I'm bout to beat someone ass

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sorry Wisp lmao everytime you mention the fruit I laugh... I hope you enjoy it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
no one wants to stick to one idea, they also didn’t consider my ability.

But that’s kinda of my bad, should have posted a final reads lost and my target.

But I didn’t think i was dying, made a lot of sense though. I think scum takes this unless town comes together cohesively.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess losing to an insane world of either Jack/Pokechu wouldn't be too bad
Z25 always shoots in UP/Boom unless he felt like being wild
so yeet
Woo boy have I got a story for you

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I bet town wins. I trust.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Giving scum an ability with which they can win outside LYLO is pretty b*a*s*t*a*r*d in my book.
Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean... wait, haven't we had this conversation before?

bessie bessie
Hi bessie! Sorry to hear you were sick. Would have love to have played with you this game... except you would have probably busted me on D1 :p
No, not until D3 and your Sabrar vote. I would have been all behind the gambit on D1. I'll be signing up for a game soon, maybe when there's something smaller in signups.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Jeezus. At least read my ****ing posts. Poke is confirmed town and Wiisp is still considering them as potential scum. And why are we speed lynching anyone? Sigh....

I'm 90% sure we still just win. Up gets shot or lynched next. They have to be scum. I just can't understand reality if they aren't scum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
for what it’s worth I was leaning less on you if I was alive today because honestly you had fair content and I was more willing to listen there.

Town is in a very interesting spot. Its a solid 40-60 they win imo. If they play it slow and steady it’s likelier to be 50 50

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Well, we made it LYLO. Can't ask for more than that.

I think theoretically mafia was better withholding the kill entirely here since Town can't NL out of MYLO. I don't blame my partner for taking the kill anyway though, and it probably won't matter much. But it would have been another thing to scramble Town's brains :p

Wiisp

Smash Lord
what a game...
if UP is town, is play makers no sense here
Pokechu's play makes no sense if he is a wolf
so like it has to be between Jack/UP
anyways thank god I am dead

Wiisp

Smash Lord
imagine if this is Jack, he would already be outted if UP just claimed he was RB'd from the start
I probably go into today lynching Jackrito

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suddenly stopped getting notifications for this room and the mafia game.
Just caught up. I have no idea how UP has skirted getting lynched this whole time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So who did you shoot?
Keep in mind that my kill would be delayed to the next night after my action.

I got the token and used it after Sabrar was lynched. At this point I was a little sip opus and paranoid and I decided to shoot:
Ran. They could stick to one idea and were mislynching people all over the place. They also weren’t too keen to think of other options. Which felt really bad to me. However ran died before I could get it off so it went wasted unfortunately.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol, don't you mean "fortunately"? It's good that you didn't kill an extra townie.
that is true, but I meant unfortunately as I couldn’t get it back. I was dead anyway so it didn’t matter too much. If I had fired the day after Ran died I think I would have probably hit scum, but that can be explained later.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
holy **** what a play. Honesty Pokechu and Boom played crucial roles these last two phases

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Poke made a really good point about the psychologist play. I just had myself convinced UP's scum strategy was "chaos lol".

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
The hilarious part is the thing that got us the victory in the end was the fire drill. Because everybody left had supported it except Jack and me. Jackrito, you played an excellent scum game. Our "town-jesters" helped you hide but you used that well.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
"I'll be back in an hour"

top 10 anime betrayals.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag: Yes, very suspicious indeed.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Poke made a really good point about the psychologist play. I just had myself convinced UP's scum strategy was "chaos lol".
That's been my town strategy for the most part. Because my scum strategy has been so cool and collected, I had to deviate from that by practically open-wolfing and trusting that people didn't think I was incredibly bad. I kinda just trusted that things would work out in the end. Like I was miraculously dragged along somehow and I didn't even need to put in that much time in making comprehensive reads. Of course it would have ended up being helpful in the long run for town (edit: to establish my reads with quotes and stick to them), but it just goes to show that it wasn't absolutely necessary to win. All it did was make people frustrated. I really was being discouraged from playing mafia in general, and the break that I spoke of was no lie. I was just being asked to make ISOs and reads with quotes that I would have made in the past, but in this game I didn't feel at all inspired to follow through with these same tasks. And that is why I was saying sorry, because I knew that the only reason I was alive was because I was being townread out of technicality rather than anything that I had actually done, and that I shouldn't have signed up for this game if I wasn't going to put in the effort to help. So, I'm taking a break. Whenever I come back, you all definitely will not need to worry about me having a breakdown in the middle of a mafia game, and I absolutely won't talk about meta or irl issues.

Do I still need to spoiler this?

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP: Taking a break should certainly help. I encourage you to re-read this game and Flavorless mafia III after your break, especially your own posts, and mafia's posts. I am confident that if you had not been absent and have put in the effort on top of your genuine tone, you would have more influence and would be harder to lynch. If you ever intend on chaos, at least consider having it help you develop reads and results to show that you are using it to determine scum.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I don't think spoilers are necessary post game, especially since this is a dedicated thread to the game. So people who have not read the game just know to avoid this whole thread. But I'll let Zen make the final call.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I've also felt burnout from feeling expected to do full rereads. It's totally valid to just say no, I don't have time or energy for that. Enjoy your break, hope to see you again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm doing it because it's funny.

Top Bottom