• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm making this thread for a couple reasons.

One, we use to have a pretty consistent group of people meeting up at NYU to smash together. That was really awesome, and I hope to be able to continue it through this year. However, since HAB has graduated and he was our main way of getting in touch with the NYC smashers that came, I decided to make this thread to get in contact myself so we can continue smashing and having fun.

Shout out to D1, G$, Hax, TAG, Zro, Reno, DJ Nintendo, Vanz, and Alukard! I hope you guys all see this, lol.

Also, starting as of this Friday, we will be having a weekly, informal smashfest. We don't have the largest area for smashing in, and will have only 2 TVs (unless people bring more). Combined with NYU's sign in policy, I will need to know before hand who intends on coming so we can make sure that we can sign everyone in.

Edit: Informal smashfests are starting on 1/22, and generally on Fridays when I feel like I can have some.

They are held at 25 Union Square West. PM me if you want my number. Please bring photo ID also. Otherwise, the security people won't let you in the building.

Cia

das kwl
I'd be interested in this. But i'm pretty sure the NYU rooms cost more to rent then a few students would be willing to pay.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I want to come!!!

I have a couple friends that play smash and go to NYU, but they are all pretty bad...

I could bring a wii (melee, brawl, and brawl+) and a digital projector with no lag. =D

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Yeah, aside from that, I'm hopefully going to have some sort of weekly smashfest going. Exact day(s) and location TBD to account for people's schedules and everything, but it would be safe to bet that it will most likely be on Fridays or Saturdays.

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm like sooooo IN THERE!

I need to step it up in Melee...its my calling, next to BB ^_^.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
*Appears from nowhere*

What's the venue fee $10? I plan to come too. I can bring a GC + Melee too.

Please pray with me that my N64 controller still works.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
There is no plan on having a venue fee, and I intend to fight any notion of instating one.

Also, I should let people know, that starting probably this Friday, I intend on trying to start up an informal weekly smashfest at NYU. Don't bring a million people though, since capacity is limited, and we currently will only be able to use 2 TVs at most for the moment.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
There is no plan on having a venue fee, and I intend to fight any notion of instating one.

Also, I should let people know, that starting probably this Friday, I intend on trying to start up an informal weekly smashfest at NYU. Don't bring a million people though, since capacity is limited, and we currently will only be able to use 2 TVs at most for the moment.
Sweet, fridays work the best for me. I'll just be bringing myself, since I don't really know many smashers here in NYC yet.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
By the way, if more than 6 non-NYU people plan on coming, I'll need to formulate a guest list, so people should let me know as soon as possible.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
You have just opened the flood gates, Mikael.

Every time in the past we've had NYU events we didn't make posts on Smashboards because heads from EVERYWHERE will come.

If that's what you want, then this is an awesome idea. But beware the wrath of RAs, NYU staff and Public Safety at the sheer magnitude of haterade they'll be sipping.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Well, hopefully I'll make it clear enough we can only have small amounts of people, and that not just anyone can come along.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Double post, but it seems the original dates that I was hoping to get are not available. I'm currently trying to find out what other weekends are free during November and hopefully will have something soon.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Finally got the dates locked. Now it's time to start organizing stuff.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Cam I come from Columbia, or do you need to be a NYU student to get at your venue?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
No, this event should be opened to all non-NYU students as well, as most of the pro Smashers who are going don't go to NYU.

But the OP will have to take your name down for a guest list in order to make sure that you can get in.

Niko45

Smash Master
The NYU-only is gonna be interesting. Pretty funny how much difference a year makes. Singles is wide open and Mikael/JR look like the team to beat.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Thanks, ma doo Power Serge.

If I picked up a counter to Marth, could I call that a Serge Protector?

Also, shouldn't your name be pronounced Ser-gey?

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, ma doo Power Serge.

If I picked up a counter to Marth, could I call that a Serge Protector?

Also, shouldn't your name be pronounced Ser-gey?
There are no counters for my marth :laugh:

And my name is legally Serge, but you can call me Sergei if you'd like.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I probably will when you start utilt ****** me. I'll go all Tian on you.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU How the pork!? Marth is so gay! You hear that, Sergei? Marth is SO GAY, SIR GAY!"

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
LOL

No actually when I start utilt ****** Tian he screams Serge with a sort of sick desperation in his voice :laugh:

Top Bottom