• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

oksas

oak-sauce
I'm not notable? I know most of swf hates me, but are you guys really sleeping on me that hard?
:phone:

chill, bro, he also missed kyle, not necessarily because he hates you. also tony is not coming?!!!?!?!

i'de wanna go, but as of now..i don't have a ride. If anyone can come out here and scoop me, I can give them some free money out of my own pockets! FREE MONEY!!
where you live?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I need to purchase a new motor mount and thats the problem.
Pending the vehicle, they are usually less than $30 at Auto Zone.

Also Taj isn't coming to this?! That makes me pretty sad.

And Ruby. Sorry but you really haven't done anything very notable outside of AZ. So it isn't too shocking for people not to acknowledge you.

Edit: There are 5 or 6 of us that could really use a hand with housing if anyone near the venue can help :D

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i think it's disappointing there is so little OOS talent coming and yet the prices of this are so steep

socal should be in full force anyway but i'm hoping this exceeds expectations, there are enough setups, and it's impeccably run.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
can we get an updated list of notable players coming to this?

so far i've got:

wobbles
tai
axe
westballz
mew2king
sung
baka4moe
light
silly kyle
gamerguitarist7
rubyiris

anyone else? i'll edit my post as i see more confirmations
If you're putting Tai, Sung, B4M, SK, and Ruby on there, stick me on there.

Edit: Right. And Stabbedbyanipple.

Morin0

Smash Lord
i think it's disappointing there is so little OOS talent coming and yet the prices of this are so steep

socal should be in full force anyway but i'm hoping this exceeds expectations, there are enough setups, and it's impeccably run.
I'm from Socal and I'm going for Melee and 64 :)

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Pending the vehicle, they are usually less than $30 at Auto Zone.

Edit: There are 5 or 6 of us that could really use a hand with housing if anyone near the venue can help :D
thats good to know ill look more into into it thanks also i posted it earlier but i am willing to house 2-3 people at my place its not super close to the venue its an apartment but should be fine send me a pm for my contact info and ill give you more details.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I know Stab is!
Woohoo I love stabbed. That guy rocks haha.

And yet im at least as good as Kyle? Twin, your logic is flawed.
My logic is not flawed. How well did you do at Genesis2? Silly Kyle did extremely well in both teams and singles. I recall you losing pretty bad. All I am saying is, until you start doing well at OOS tourneys, don't expect your name to pop up on those lists.

To be fair, I have never done well at OOS tourneys (mostly because I am not that good haha), so I don't expect people to acknowledge me on the list of notable players. Just humble yourself a little bit and try to do well to earn a spot on the list for next time.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Now that I think about it...NYTE will complete my tour of the North American smash community.

MD/VA: hundreds of tourneys
Northeast: dozens
Cali: dozens since I've been here
Midwest: HOPE 3 / Pittsburgh stuff
Northwest: Northwest Manifest
South: Tipped Off 6 (GA), North Carolina tourneys

and finally

Southwest: NYTE

Saved the best for last ;)

Bing

Smash Master
Now that I think about it...NYTE will complete my tour of the North American smash community.

MD/VA: hundreds of tourneys
Northeast: dozens
Cali: dozens since I've been here
Midwest: HOPE 3 / Pittsburgh stuff
Northwest: Northwest Manifest
South: Tipped Off 6 (GA), North Carolina tourneys

and finally

Southwest: NYTE

Saved the best for last ;)
I guess Canada isnt apart of North America?
Or Mexico for that matter.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Well Mexico can fit into that whole southwest thing depending on your perspective. Mexico coming to this would be cool but we'd need some mexicans... Mexican mexicans

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
What car problems bro?

Also Jane. You should stop by Alb. next time you go to El Paso :D

And Woker!!! 5 vs 5 Juarez vs Albuquerque crew battle? We can do $5 a person or free. Either one. Hell, we can do $20 a head if you feel inclined :D
Hehe. 20 dollars a head.

Are you confirming that this will be a n64 console tournament and not VC? Because a possible lack of n64 consoles comes to mind so that's why I'm asking.
We should have enough. It is a n64 console tournament. If enough people are inclined to do the VC version, then who am I to say no.

can we get an updated list of notable players coming to this?

so far i've got:

wobbles
tai
axe
westballz
mew2king
sung
baka4moe
light
silly kyle
gamerguitarist7
rubyiris
OkamiBW
Stabbed

anyone else? i'll edit my post as i see more confirmations
I'm sexy enough. Also, I believe Colorado is coming and Utah. I made a small petition for OK to come...for southwest sakes. Most of TX is too far away to care :(

Nicknyte, the nytest of all Nicks, will be in attendance.
He's been workin on the nyte moves.
Damn skippy.

awesome! going for the 64 tourney definitely!

Hey NYTE, is there a way to get the venue fee waived at the door if I bring a couple set-ups, a tv, and controllers?
Yes. If you bring 4 TVs and 4 set ups, I will waive your entry. If you bring a TV and all 3 version of smash on each respective console, I will also waive it.

We have a decent amount of people coming including many high profile ISers and OOSers. We are not the East Coast, and this is something that would have occured similarly if Genesis was just regional as well. I am sure if I hold this again (given NYTE is run with good results), that this tournament will be just as hype as Northwest Manifest next time(IF IT AINT ALREADY). If you don't like the prices, just come and watch. I wish I could reduce them, but this venue is not cheap in the least, and its about time Arizona had an actual tournament big enough to be mentioned.

Tony won't be in attendance.
I spoke with Taj. He will be there for the first day.

I guess Canada isnt apart of North America?
Or Mexico for that matter.
NO. BECAUSE NEITHER OF THEM HAS AMERICA IN THEIR NAMES.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Bing. I love Canadians :D
Speaking of which, next time you see any of the Canadians who travel to the U.S. often, tell them the magic twins say we love them :D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Woohoo I love stabbed. That guy rocks haha.

My logic is not flawed. How well did you do at Genesis2? Silly Kyle did extremely well in both teams and singles. I recall you losing pretty bad. All I am saying is, until you start doing well at OOS tourneys, don't expect your name to pop up on those lists.

To be fair, I have never done well at OOSnpmo tourneys (mostly because I am not that good haha), so I don't expect people to acknowledge me on the list of notable players. Just humble yourself a little bit and try to do well to earn a spot on the list for next time.
This is an ARIZONA tournament, where I consistently place well, and I'm ranked on the state PR, yet I'm not a notable player?

You're stupid.

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
We should have enough. It is a n64 console tournament. If enough people are inclined to do the VC version, then who am I to say no. The sign up for this will be held on the last day of NYTE.
Last day as in Sunday? I thought you could pre-reg online for the Smash 64 singles? The schedule on the OP also says 64 singles is on Saturday at 6pm-12AM

Sunday
10p-12p: Free Play, Easter Prayer* (for those wishing to attend), & Lunch
12p-3p: Doubles Bracket
3p-7p: Singles Bracket
7p-11a: Side Event & Dinner
11am: CLOSE
I don't quite get this schedule. It says 10PM - 12PM o_o I'm assuming you meant 10AM - 12PM? But then at 7PM it says 7PM until 11AM. That's one hell of a side event and dinner LOL. That should be PM right?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Don't get angry at twin for what another smasher feels who is a qualified smasher. If anything, Ruby, just prove them all wrong with results, not insults. I know you are the better man in situations like this....Tho, tw1n, telling someone to be humble is actually quite insulting, even though the meaning is well intentioned. Can't just be like, EY, CALM DOWN, AND KNOW YOUR PLACE, MAN. NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU AINT AS HOT AS YOU THINK. :D

It's an Arizona tournament, but this isn't a statewide, its a regional, and most likely bigger people around the area is going to be noted first, not you or I, Ruby. Do not take it too close to heart. Not that many people know who we are, even if you are the dreadly..

Erm...I'll change the timing LOL

3p-7p: Singles Bracket
7p-11p: Side Event & Dinner
12am: CLOSE

Corigames

Smash Hero
I did already! Stop calling me 10 times a day through the late hours of the night and during the wee hours of the morning! I paid! Leave me alone!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Last day as in Sunday? I thought you could pre-reg online for the Smash 64 singles? The schedule on the OP also says 64 singles is on Saturday at 6pm-12AM

I don't quite get this schedule. It says 10PM - 12PM o_o I'm assuming you meant 10AM - 12PM? But then at 7PM it says 7PM until 11AM. That's one hell of a side event and dinner LOL. That should be PM right?
any socal carpools got any room?
shadrach kabango has a carpool going. Try getting in contact with him.

Top Bottom