• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE Results Thread

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
NYTE Results

Melee Singles (33 entrants)

1: M2K ($330)
2: s2j ($165)
3: Wobbles ($66)
4: AXE ($33)
5: GG7 ($20)
5: OkamiBW ($20)
7: Light_ ($13)
7: Tai ($13)
9: Westballz
9: Silly Kyle
9: baka4moe
9: SUNG666
13: Rubyiris
13: Stabbedbyanipple
13: J666
13: Jetfour

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Bracket

Melee Doubles (12 teams entered)

1: Deodorant (AXE/M2K) ($180)
2: xX_420_W33DL3G3N1)$_420_Xx (Taj/Wobbles) ($90)
3: AZ Sucks (S2J/Westballz) ($54)
4: Pooping Back and Forth. Forever (baka4moé/Stab) ($36)
5: This Isn't My Brother? (Twin_A/Light_)
5: Double Princestration (OkamiBW/Silly Kyle)
7: Chuck Norris Always Wins (Chess/Tai)
7: Plenip (Jetfour/GG7)

Pool 1

Pool 2

Bracket

Brawl Singles (25 entrants)

1: M2K ($188)
2: MikeHaze ($94)
3: Dekar ($38)
4: Silly Kyle ($19)
5: Dark Shifter ($11)
5: Yummy ($11)
7: KiraFlax ($8)
7: K9 ($8)
9: TommyDerMeister
9: Goyf
9: GV7
9: tekkie
13: Wafty
13: DerpDaBerp
13: Aaven
13: RaveRemix

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Bracket

Brawl Doubles (18 entrants)

1: Mike2King (M2K/MikeHaze) ($108)
2: BlackMen (Kira/K9) ($54)
3: Sillypeople (SillyKyle/Dekar) ($18)
4: Nimbus Hello (Goyf/Wafty)
5: I don't know just yet. (GV7/RaveRemix)
5: Yum Shifter (DarkShifter/Yummy)

Pool 1

Bracket

64 Singles (16 entrants)

1: Morino ($96)
2: M2K ($48)
3: B-Rex ($16)
4: Coltmaster
5: Ben
5: s2j
7: Westballz
7: Byrdman

Pool 1

Pool 2

Bracket

Prize amounts to be uploaded shortly

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
dang, aside from johnny beating rob socal got tossed

lol @ wes saying he could beat m2k, axe or wobbles and then losing to kyle and light

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I actually got 3rd in my Singles Brawl pool, not 4th, since I beat the person I tied with in the head-to-head. I'm pissed as that screwed up my chances of winning first round...

Also I never actually got a game off Dekar in pools, although I got close both times.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mew2King took it all except taking 2nd in 64 Singles. Who's Morino!?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what happened, but there is no picture or sound in any of my vdub recordings for Saturday or Sunday. I checked the settings and everything is the same from when I recorded Friday Nyte which went fine without issue, but whatever happened Saturday/Sunday, I don't know. :\

There were some pretty hype matches on that TV too. A lot of doubles, GG7 ****** his pool, a few hype bracket matches.. :\

ShellShocked

Smash Rookie
Brian saved the tourney from M2K winning everything! Way to go Morino! I'd better see you in more 64 tourneys from now on! First tourney+M2K =Winning! Well done, you sure ShellShocked everyone there :p

OkamiBW said:
You should add the lower placings in the events. Like, 5th seeds tied for 17th, 6th seeds tied for 21st, 7th - 25th, 8th - 29th.
Looks nicer and it makes shoutouts easier.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Mew2King
I still think you should go and buy a new controller. Twas cool playing Brawl friendlies with you. Good stuff on winning 4 out of 5 events.

S2J
Sorry that you're angry, Johnny. Looking back on it, I probably should've actively helped to make the tournament run smoothly, but tbh, I kinda wanted to not have to run a Tucson tourney for once. Besides, I wasn't necessarily appointed as an 'official' TO host/co-host (I believe V3ctorman and Rubyiris were?), though I did help take names and help seed singles bracket with b4m and Tai. See you back in SoCal at some local sometime soon probs.

Wobbles
Good stuff, Wob. You always wreck me so hard when we play. X_X When I get the chance, I'll train with Jeremy Amanita and give you better matches in the future.

Axe
It does, it doesn't. Ya know? Jeffsauce, I love ya, dawg. When we get a chance (like when Kyle's not at a tournament that we're both at), let's bring back some College Combo and take 1st. Our set was super fun as usual. It was mad fun pretending to be Kira and K9 too. :p

OkamiBW
I had a good time, despite some lack of structure of the tourney. I really really enjoyed hanging out with New Mexico and going to Eegee's. I...kinda even enjoyed playing Brawl for a bit. I should've taken more pictures though! I'll try to remember to do it next time. I do wish there were more people at the tourney though. :( But overall, nyaa! :)

GamerGuitarist7
You guys can't retire. I wanna see you guys more. Well...I guess you can retire. But you have to still hang out outside of smash. Kay? Grawr.

Light
You're still super hard to compete with. I will get better at the Peach matchup and hopefully give you better sets next time. Come visit us here again some more lates.

Tai
Yo yo, Vo bro. What it is. We really should probably play more friendlies at the local AZ tournaments. We kinda never do for some reason. We only end up playing at weird-ish places like DGDTJ, GREV, and NYTE. You're always really smart when you play though. It's mad legit. Lol at seeing you guys at Chipotle. I still have no idea how you could tell which car was mine.

Baka4moé
Yo, Daniel. Good stuff seeing you there. You guys did really well in teams. I wish we had the chance to play a good number of singles matches though. Maybe if Matt hosts a tournament on May 19th or whatever that Saturday is that I'll be in SoCal. :)

WestBallz
Silly Kyle
Sung
J666
Jetfour
Rubyiris
Stab
Sliraobe God
Forward
Twin A

I'll update it more later. Here's what I've got so far.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I really should have helped out more day 2. I was super burned out after losing to Light. Uncool on my part.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea, I will update the rest of the thread soon. I am just kinda bummed. I will give the rest of the people their prize winnings (or send it to them in the mail) by Wednesday. Scouts honor. Just waiting for the WePay funds to hit my bank ^_^;

s2j's post cut me deep, but before he edited it (I wish he kinda didn't) he marked out the flaws of the tournament to a T. It was good research material. Of course, I still don't intend to run another tournament for a good long while due to certain affairs, but we haven't had a higher stakes tournament in Tucson for a long time. It would be nice to have in case someone else gets the same idea.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what happened, but there is no picture or sound in any of my vdub recordings for Saturday or Sunday. I checked the settings and everything is the same from when I recorded Friday Nyte which went fine without issue, but whatever happened Saturday/Sunday, I don't know. :\

There were some pretty hype matches on that TV too. A lot of doubles, GG7 ****** his pool, a few hype bracket matches.. :\
WAIT. PLEASE dont tell me that me vs light was actually recorded on that tv, now its gone DDDD=== iojwrgokwrpnwrj

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
How come first in Melee singles got $330 when there were 33 entrants? Was the price to enter singles higher than $10?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It was 20.

@Baka: Yeah, it probably is. Sorry man. I have honestly no idea what happened/why it happened. Someone may have messed with the laptop at some point and corrupted the files, or something.

ShellShocked

Smash Rookie
I'm sure if anyone's gonna host another tourney (which wouldn't be for a year probably), it would be me. Though, I'll have like pool sheets and stuff. I don't know. I don't expect another big tournament in Arizona since no one ever wants to come. I mean, I can promise a good tournament all I want, but it won't mean anything if no one bothers to come. I think the biggest problem with this tournament was that we didn't have enough people.

~Okami

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
he did go pit and rob but for some lame reason he went wolf and lost in winners. idk what happened in losers.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The issue with Arizona is that we have a large playerbase, but none of them want to pay more than maybe $10 for entry. As a TCG player, I'm used to paying $20-$30 for singles entry for regional events, so it's w/e to me.

I wish other people felt the same way.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Tim:Timmmy! Thank You so much for trying to make the Tournament better! You are so awesome! I was totally going to beat up some people ! Love ya man! <3
Elvis: Thanks for the Venue
1: M2K ($330): Your shirt was TOOO FREAKING AWESOME! Love seeing your Marth
2: s2j ($165): Good Shizz in getting 2nd! 3RD HIGHEST SUICIDE RATE FOR A REASON !
3: Wobbles ($66):Sad we didn't get to hang out much! Nice to see you again!
4: AXE ($33): HBD
5: GG7 ($20): "I WANT TO SMOKE WEED" DUDE! You are so Random!! It's so awesome!!!!!!
5: OkamiBW ($20)::3
7: Light_ ($13):I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! It was really awesome to hang out with you again! We may not talk for Months but when we finally talk again its like we never stopped talking! You are an Amazing Person! <3 hope to see you soon!
7: Tai ($13):<3 i love you Tai!<3
9: Westballz:you are tooo good!
9: Silly Kyle: I also MISSED YOU SOO MUCH! I had such a blast hanging out with you! Totally believe we are Soul Mates still! <3 Love you BooBoo See you soon ;)
9: baka4moe:<3
9: SUNG666:ILY!<3 you are too good thank you for driving!
13: Rubyiris: <3 Nice to see you again! you looked GREAT!
13: Stabbedbyanipple:<3
13: J666:LOVE YOU!!!! <3 BEST LINK IN THE WORLDDD!
13: Jetfour: I still love your hair! :3
Forward:It was really nice to finally meet you! you are totally awesome and your Falco is still way too good!
David: DAVIDDDD!!!! it was so much fun hanging out with you again! you get an award for best Photo Bomber ! lol My Nana!
Kyle:Kyle!!!!!!!! Thank you for talking Shiz to some Biotch talking shiz ! means alot to me knowing that you have my back! You rock! and MOSDEF hope to see you again soon! <3
Smurf:"ITS FRIDAY FRIDAY" *SEES SMURFY DANCING AWAY* You are too awesome! thanks for the Marth Drawing!!!
Mike Haze: <3
CommonYoshi: "El Pikachu es muy Bonita"~! LOL
Taj: You are the best Drunk i have ever been around! <3 Nice seeing you again!
Mike Eyy: OMG I'm sooo glad i met you! when everyone was totally MIA because they had tournament stuff to do, i always had you to play melee/brawl with! you are so awesome!
CoreyGames:I love your Samus! Nice to meet you!
Spencer:Dude I'm glad you came! It was so awesome to finally meet you!.. you are a tight dude! and you couldn't even 3 stock me ;) Hype! lol hope to see you again soon! i can totally see you being a forever homie!

SO SORRY IF I FORGOT ANYONE! YOU GUYS ROCK!! HOPE THIS TOURNAMENT WOULD HAVE GONE BETTER BUT OVER ALL ITS ALWAYS NICE HANGING OUT WITH THE HOMIES
LOVE Y'ALL (you know who you are)
PEACE<3

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
dang, aside from johnny beating rob socal got tossed

lol @ wes saying he could beat m2k, axe or wobbles and then losing to kyle and light
Not to mention he lost to Wobbles in pools anyways lolllll.

That's what happens when you don't just face spacies for your whole bracket COUGH NORTHWEST MANIFEST COUGH.

HILARIOUS imo.

SHOUTOUTS

Ruby to the Iris: Good stuff playing you as much as I did haha. Thanks for giving me a ride home on Sunday, was good talking to you about food a little bit and such as well.

Axe: Happy birthday. Hope you were satisfied with how you did even if it wasn't as well as you'd have wanted. You're still amazing at the game.

GG7: Yo good job man, I was wanting to see you vs s2j cuz Falcon dittos are fun to watch but nonetheless GJ beating all the players you wanted to beat(Peach lol). Hope to see you around more since I never see you now lol.

Jetfour: Stylish-looking man, I approve. If that is your last tournament then sadz but I'll still see and hang with you through other means.

Tai: GJ beating s2j. Hope you at least met your expectations and if not just work at it. Was good to see you since it'd been so long.

Nicknyte/Elvis: Thanks for hosting the tournament. I wouldn't know about any complaints since I just spectated but it was fun to hang out with everyone from AZ and meet some new people as well. p.s. thanks

Tim/Vman: Good to see you, hope everything works out for you. P.S. improve your diet. no one wants to see you die in 5 years.

Taj: We never talk a whole ton but you're always a really cool, funny dude and it's nice to see you show up to rep AZ in doubles at least and support all the players even if you didn't enter singles. Playin Pokemon! lol

OkamiRob: Good job beating Chris after all this time. You had some upsets but man good stuff placing 5th. It's only up to go from here.

Coty: Enter next time wth.

Silly Kyle/Kyle: Sorry I didn't talk with you much or play you at all. Next time we're somewhere I'll make sure to get some friendlies in with you. Your Peach is getting mad good and it's always fun to talk to you.

SmileyFace: It's always cool to see you and talk to you man. Your presence brings that much more happiness to anywhere you go imo. Nice to talk about 64 and whatever else haha.

Tommy: I didn't watch you play at all but I hope you did well and we should definitely play some SFxT sometime. I only wish you had better internet cuz then we could play online =/. See you around.

Wobbles: I was hoping you'd win but I'm sure top 3 was at least good enough for what you wanted. I love that little stuffed...penguin? That you carry around because it looks adorable and soft >_>. Your ICs are always fun to watch.

Forward/Sean Benner/My brother from another mother except actually not because we're actually blood related/Smash advice: Be better/Guy who sort of looks like Falco/Guy who is now best in the state at Marvel cuz he can be/I don't know what the **** I'm saying at this point: ****. So much of it. Way too good.

Emily: Nice to finally meet you. You're really nice even though you liked messing with me just as much as being nice haha. Hope you had a good time because AZ can be a rough crowd. Hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Much love to anyone else I forgot or met. You were all really cool and this tournament was a fun experience for me even though I only spectated here.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You guys are trash talking Socal when they had like two hours of sleep.

Ok, first of all, biggest shout out ever to John who went absolutely above and beyond housing our car. What a nice guy who's amazingly hospitable. Pretty cool family too. It was nice playing you (screw gannon), and I wish you success with all your college stuff.
Morino- Beating M2K in your first tournament. What a boss.
Stephen- Nice playing you too.
Jackie Tran- I feel like I played you most during the tournament. You're really cool, helped me learn a lot, and I hope you do well in Oregon.
Neil- Sweet seeing you again. It's always hilarious talking with you; hope it's not too long before we play again.
Twins- You guys are hilarious as always. You bums should just move to Socal already.
Elvis- Thanks for the venue. I know there were some issues, but I want to say I had a good time. I know it was stressful.

There's also some other people I played, but I'm terrible with names. GGs, is all.

My car- We're alive.
Sung- lol, you generate so much hype. You also pwned me in friendlies.
Jesson- Too good chilling with you this weekend.
Emily- I suck at spanish. :(
Johnny- What a smart player. Nice playing friendlies with you, and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the tournament. And hell yeah we should play soon.
West- Sucks you weren't on your game this weekend. You're still too good though. And if you need anything from me about the refund just hit me up.

Elvis- At this point I think you should just contact paypal/Wepay and cancel the payment you did with West's email and just send a physical check. Hope to play you in the future.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'll just say it now: After/during pools I got super depressed and flipped my ****. Not in the rage way, but in the super depressed way. I could have played a lot more people, had a better time, and got to connect with out-of-state people more, but I was too busy wollowing in disappointment. To all of you whom I didn't play or talk to, sorry. Well, except you Brawl people. **** you. Play Melee and then we can chat ; )

Foremost, thanks Taj. Every time you tell me something, I understand what you're saying, but I can't make myself do it, you know? You tell me what to do to get better, I understand, but I just don't get it to come out. You tell me to love the game, I understand, but I still get mad. I don't know. I got problems in more ways than one. Thanks for looking out for me though, it's nice to know someone will still approach me when I'm that bummed out.

Rob, Wobbles the Phoenix, 420xX__W33D_SN1P3R__Xx420, is the ****. A lot from the above applies to you as well. I want to add that, as long as you are serious about wanting to impart knowledge into a hopeful, I would like to receive it. I like playing ICs the little I do. I think most people I play friendlies with I end up playing at least a match or two as them, just because. If you got the time, hit me up. Also, tell Henry AaoooooooooOOOOooooooo AaoooOOOoo, k?

Coty, thanks for the ride. You cart our ***** up and down AZ without much complaint, and I appreciate it. I mean, you take our money like you think you deserve it or something, but whatever :D I would be super grateful if you could either host weeklies at you new place or come chill at my abode so we can get better. I may hate Shiek and give you grief for it, but that doesn't mean I don't like playing. It just means you are a purveyor of Richard maneuvers.

Tai, not sure what to say to you. We didn't play, I didn't see any of your matches, and you lost to Okami. Um... so... nice lazor pointer! More seriously, get some free time so we can play together. Anytime you have time to play DtF or something is time I can, sometimes, play too. Pwease?

Yeah, Ch3s, my Sammy is legit, I just wish it was tourney legit. I'll keep at it, just like you should keep pushing Luigi. I enjoyed our games, even if you think that Samus MUs are boring.

Elvis, I don't know what's up with these *****es. I hold a tourney in a small apartment, during the end of summer (hot as balls), 40+ entrants, no stream, nothing recorded, no preregistration, all money in cash out of a jar, and it was one of the best tournaments that I've ever participated in. You got a venue, told people about it 6 months in advance, had a pre-tournament the nyte before, helped organize housing, car pools, and setting everything up, you got a stream going and several TVs with recordings set-up, you tried to seed the pools as evenly as possible, and tried your best to keep people hyped up. Yeah, maybe things didn't go just as planned; I'm pretty sure that's how life goes. Anyone who says that this was the worst tournament ever are clearly just being enormous bags of vaginal cleanser.

WHY U IGNORE ME EVERY TIME I TRY TO TALK TO YOU, Tim? Sheesh : (

Happy Birthday Axe/Jeff! AZ's got your back any time you play. No matter where you are, who you are playing as, who you are playing against: we'll be there. Standing behind you. Cheering you on,"S U C K THAT D I C K!"

Boo boo, you think I'd forget about my Silly Kyle? You're awesome. So is your mom. Thanks a bunches for letting us crash in your sister's room. You also have a super cute dog! <3 Anyway, I don't think we actually played this time, but that's fine. You had a lot of **** on your plate that you had to plow through. I wish I would have cheered you on more in hindsight, but, you kinda helped in ruining my short-term memory and watching finals/playing friendlies kept distracting me.

Tommy/Jane: LOlololLOLololLLLLOOOOOLLololLOLLOollolloweedloLOOLLooolllLOLLOOLLOLLLOOOooolollololllololollol er' day

Look who it is, Forward jumpin' in the game. Use to beat me with dat Falco and I was expectin' the same. Now to my surprise he's gone aggro with Shiek; makin' my bracket future looking unnecessarily bleak. After our short games you left me feeling impaired; I guess that's what happens when it comes to needles and Fairs. All I got to say is you creamed me, I won't tattle. Just don't **** with me in a serious rap battle.

Okami, I swear I'm not mad at you, but I'd understand if you thought it. After losing to J666 and Sean, I was super upset and didn't even want to finish my pools. I don't even remember how the first game went, but I know the second was a lot of me just playing like an ***, SDing, and then walking away in a huff. I don't even know if I shook your hand. Sorry dude, you don't deserve that treatment. I'll make sure that next time I out play and out class you.

Speaking of which, J666, your Link is the ****. I think our games were close, but, man, you got me.
That pretty much applies to you to, SmurfyEXE. I think by the time we played, though, I was in full on jerk mode. If I remember, spent one entire game standing still and just reacting to everything you did. Hope I didn't make you feel bad, but, then again, you won. So, w/e XD

S2J, much like the above, I wasn't really in the mood to play when we had our set. Not that it would have really changed the outcome of the **** that I was put through, but I'm sure my attitude didn't help yours at all. It's cool to meet you and get to play you and congrats on doing as well as you did.

Then there's this *******, Light. Doesn't play me in YEARS. I've completely re-worked how I handle the Peach MU. Sit down. Play a game. Two Bob-ombs and two stitch faces in the first game alone. Cheater. Anyway, felt like our games were good (I catch turnips like a beast) and I wish I had a chance to get caught up with you, but you seemed preoccupied with other things.

Goop. Lol Goop.

Oh, yeah, the Twins! It's the first time, I think, that I met both of you. Didn't get to play you or anything, but you guys seem awesome. Don't be strangers, come down more often.

Thanks GG7 for giving me a little Falcon practice early on. I felt good about it then, but then this guy from Cali came in and destroyed me. WTF? Also, ****ing hit us up during the day to get a smoke next time instead of when we're walking out the door! lol

There's this guy, Neil, that also tried to cheer me up when I was down. I appreciate it, I really do. You're falcon's not half bad, and I'll take care of that thing you wanted me to do for you. Also, you can find those pretzels, like, anywhere, but you can keep praising me for finding them like I'm something special.

If I remember more, I'll post more, but I'll stop here for now. Great games, had a lot of fun, hope to do it again soon, etc..

baka4moé

Smash Champion
@Baka: Yeah, it probably is. Sorry man. I have honestly no idea what happened/why it happened. Someone may have messed with the laptop at some point and corrupted the files, or something.
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

although if i had known it was being recorded beforehand i may have played a bit differently lol. ugh thats really really unfortunate :(

shoutouts later schools creeping up atm

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
First off, to everyone I played, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot this tourney so thank you!
I was the luigi player if you don't remember me, but I'm switching to fox after this tourney I think.

Carpool:
Coty: You are the most legit dude ever. Thanks a lot for driving and ****** me with Ness.
Tai: You're bad, but you beat S2J, so I'm assuming you got lucky. It was fun as always hanging out with you. Have you stopped laughing yet?
Corey: You're samus is extremely impressive. It sucks that you got a ridiculous pool, but you should definitely keep trying to improve with Samus.
Rob: I know you had some troubles this weekend, but you played extremely well for the most part and you are easily one of the nicest and most clever people I have ever met. Can't wait to see you at the next tourney.

Silly Kyle: **** Peach. Thank you so much for hosting us, can't wait to see you at the next tourney. Always a pleasure. and holy **** you're peach man, getting better every day.

Elvis: Sorry about that time I refused to play you. It definitely wasn't you, I was just not in the mood to play against people, I needed to just calm down. I have to agree with a lot of the things people are saying went wrong with the tourney, but you are an extremely cool and nice dude, and ultimately I had a lot of fun so thank you very much for hosting a fun tourney!

Axe: You are awesome and you're fox is pretty good. Keep playing and I'm sure you'll make it out of pools next time!
Taj: I will never forget getting ***** by you in friendlies again. Lol good to see you as always, my falco will definitely get you next time...
S2J/Westballz: You two seem like such legit people. I'm sorry you didn't like the tournament, and I agree with a lot of the things you thought went wrong, but I hope you had fun and you guys were extremely impressive to watch.
Baka4Moe: Thanks for the matches, your peach is impressive as hell.
CommonYoshi: I have a feeling you'll destroy me next time we play, fun matches.
Other socal players: You guys ****
Okami: Thanks for beating Tai and proving my point about how bad he is. Good job at the tourney.
M2K: Take a shower
Jackie: Why you so cool? Nice hair
GG7: weed. Nice falcon, come to Phoenix more.
Neil (no idea how to spell you're name <3): YOU. are a pretty cool dude. I'm gonna **** you're ****ty falcon sooo hard next time. Good games
Twins: You guys are bat**** crazy, in a good way.
Sean Sipes: GREAT JOB DUDE! YOU DID SO WELL AT THIS TOURNAMENT HOLY ****!....Oh wait... **** you <3

Sorry if I missed anyone

Top Bottom